The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 329 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9841 of 9853 Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
Do you guys leave Dynamic EQ and Dynamic volume off? Also, I ran Audyssey and it keeps setting my RF-82 II at 40hz. I changed before I ran it to 60hz, but it changed it back. It also says the distance from my sub is 13' when it's actually about 10'. Is this normal?
Dynamic EQ is the whole reason we use Audyssey, so I would leave that on. Dynamic volume is optional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9842 of 9853 Old Today, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 48
To all my fellow X5200 Owners "Dialog Enhancer" Do you use it? If so what setting do you typically use?
post #9843 of 9853 Old Today, 02:33 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2158 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
^^
Ooops. Wrong thread. You'll want to post in the 2014 Denon thread below ...

The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200)

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #9844 of 9853 Old Today, 02:36 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
Do you guys leave Dynamic EQ and Dynamic volume off? Also, I ran Audyssey and it keeps setting my RF-82 II at 40hz. I changed before I ran it to 60hz, but it changed it back. It also says the distance from my sub is 13' when it's actually about 10'. Is this normal?
Dyn EQ - ON (all sources)
Dyn Vol - ON (only for cable/sat box source and BDP late night movie viewing when don't want to disturb others)

Audyssey ignores all settings made prior to it being run.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #9845 of 9853 Old Today, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Jd - since you pointed out a few weeks ago that my x3000 always going to TV audio when I turn all device son with my harmony one is an ARC issue, do you know if there is a discrete command for denon receivers for hdmi control? I assume if I turned it off but then set an activity so when I want to use the "smart" features of my tv, it would turn everything on as well as hdmi control, then I might circumvent this problem. It's driving my wife and kids crazy.

Does anyone else have this issue or another possible remedy?
post #9846 of 9853 Old Today, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Something odd happened last night on my x4000, following is the sequence of events:

TV/Cable Box (HDMI connected to AVR)/AVR were on and behaving normally. Master Volume was at -48 or so (our typical TV listening range, -45 - -50)

I was preparing to install a new Chromecast dongle, and while plugging in the power supply I bumped the BluRay player (connected to AVR via HDMI) and turned it on. This started an "Anynet" screen on the TV, and the sound from the cable box shut off.

I turned off the BluRay player, and restored the source to the cable box. The sound then came back on, but I could barely hear it. We had to turn the Master volume up to -25 just to be able to match what was normally heard at -48.

I slid the AVR out to plug in the dongle, checked all the speaker wires, then slid it back in.

So, now, everything seems to be low on volume, no matter the source. Even music sources need to be turned up louder.

Thoughts?
post #9847 of 9853 Old Today, 06:05 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Jd - since you pointed out a few weeks ago that my x3000 always going to TV audio when I turn all device son with my harmony one is an ARC issue, do you know if there is a discrete command for denon receivers for hdmi control? I assume if I turned it off but then set an activity so when I want to use the "smart" features of my tv, it would turn everything on as well as hdmi control, then I might circumvent this problem. It's driving my wife and kids crazy.

Does anyone else have this issue or another possible remedy?
A work around is to program in a 7 second (or long enough for the AVR to change to TV Audio) delay/pause after the AVR is powered on (or if not a pause, power on a non-existant device) and then select the source device desired (eg. cable/sat box).

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #9848 of 9853 Old Today, 06:09 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahill View Post
Something odd happened last night on my x4000, following is the sequence of events:

TV/Cable Box (HDMI connected to AVR)/AVR were on and behaving normally. Master Volume was at -48 or so (our typical TV listening range, -45 - -50)

I was preparing to install a new Chromecast dongle, and while plugging in the power supply I bumped the BluRay player (connected to AVR via HDMI) and turned it on. This started an "Anynet" screen on the TV, and the sound from the cable box shut off.

I turned off the BluRay player, and restored the source to the cable box. The sound then came back on, but I could barely hear it. We had to turn the Master volume up to -25 just to be able to match what was normally heard at -48.

I slid the AVR out to plug in the dongle, checked all the speaker wires, then slid it back in.

So, now, everything seems to be low on volume, no matter the source. Even music sources need to be turned up louder.

Thoughts?
First step to do with any strange occurrence is a "soft reset" by simply unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes. If you had Dynamic Volume engaged, ensure it is still engaged.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #9849 of 9853 Old Today, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
A work around is to program in a 7 second (or long enough for the AVR to change to TV Audio) delay/pause after the AVR is powered on (or if not a pause, power on a non-existant device) and then select the source device desired (eg. cable/sat box).
Thanks. I actually tried with a 5 second delay and it didn't help. Guess I'll keep extending it by one second each time.

Just curious, why would you mention to power on a non existent device?? Not sure I understand how that would help.
post #9850 of 9853 Old Today, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need help picking out an external amp for my Denon X4000. I'd prefer to run the fronts off the new amp. I want a budget amp that would run close to 200 rms per channel. Found a Behringer A500 for $200 on Amazon that looks good. But also found a QSC ISA280 that a guy is selling for $200! The only thing is that the inputs are XLR. Can I connect this to the Denon through jacks that are XLR on one end & RCA on the other? I thought I saw some online. If so, I guess I would obviously need 1 for each channel (2 total)? Thanks guys!!
post #9851 of 9853 Old Today, 06:48 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Thanks. I actually tried with a 5 second delay and it didn't help. Guess I'll keep extending it by one second each time.

Just curious, why would you mention to power on a non existent device?? Not sure I understand how that would help.
Doing so would also provide a "delay."

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #9852 of 9853 Old Today, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
I have a dump question: on the X4000, how do I adjust EACH speaker level without playing the receiver test tone? I ran 8 positions Aud set up but want to check ALL 7.2 channel levels using REW pink noise generator and REW spl meter. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Only way I know of is by using the DeRemote app

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
Really?
post #9853 of 9853 Old Today, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
First step to do with any strange occurrence is a "soft reset" by simply unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes. If you had Dynamic Volume engaged, ensure it is still engaged.
Thanks.
Soft reset didn't seem to do anything, but Dynamic volume sure did. Wonder how the heck that got disengaged while I was moving things around? Oh well...seems to be back to normal. thanks again
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page