The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 330 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9871 of 9883 Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2191 Post(s)
Liked: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmj View Post
I think I've found a super weird bug in my X4000.

I set Zone 2 to Network and started playing some music on my iPhone and AirPlayed it to the X4000. Works fine. Then I switch the main zone over to watch TV via my cable box, while leaving zone 2 on Network. I get video on my TV, but the sound in the main zone is really, really low. When I try to turn it up using the remote, it won't let me -- the number starts to increase, but then snaps back down to where it was (around 9 -- barely audible).

Meanwhile, the zone 2 audio (which is using a separate amp, by the way) is still playing just fine. THEN...I adjust the volume of the music playing from my iPhone...and the main zone input's volume changes. The main zone input which is set to CABLE/SAT via HDMI. Not Network. So it's effectively ignoring the volume commands I send it from it's own remote control for the main zone, and responding to volume commands sent via my iPhone to zone 2. Brilliant.

Any suggestions? I've power cycled everything of course and got the same behavior.

So it appears I can't play AirPlay music in one zone while watching TV in another, unless I don't care about hearing the TV audio in the main zone. Yet again, the X4000's bugginess is making me wonder why I paid $1000 for this thing. It already completely failed in giving me a second TV monitor output for the main zone like it's supposed to; I had to buy a cheap HDMI splitter, which worked where the Denon failed. Now this fun with the AirPlay input.
When doing a soft reset, it's best to leave power disconnected for 10 minutes. If still no joy, a hard reset is the next step.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9883 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It's not what is listed in AMP ASSIGN, rather what is listed in the Speakers - Manual Setup - Speaker configuration. If more speakers/subs are added then Audyssey must be run again.
^^^ Thanks!

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Last edited by Vader424242; Today at 07:28 AM.
post #9873 of 9883 Old Today, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
So I'm noticing a little bug in either my HTPC or the X2000. I have my HTPC connected via HDMI audio set to PCM, and the PC is set to 7.1. Unfortunately with 5.1 sources the PC or receiver send the rear audio to the surround backs not the rear L/R's as it should. Is there a setting where the X2000 can automatically take 5.1 sources and use Dolby PL for the rear channels to fill out all 7 channels?

Kuro'd
post #9874 of 9883 Old Today, 08:29 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
So I'm noticing a little bug in either my HTPC or the X2000. I have my HTPC connected via HDMI audio set to PCM, and the PC is set to 7.1. Unfortunately with 5.1 sources the PC or receiver send the rear audio to the surround backs not the rear L/R's as it should. Is there a setting where the X2000 can automatically take 5.1 sources and use Dolby PL for the rear channels to fill out all 7 channels?
Huh? Surround Backs = Rear surrounds

DD PLIIx will simulate 7.1 audio from a 2.1/5.1 audio track.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #9875 of 9883 Old Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Yes, really. Denon got rid of the Channel Level menu for on the fly adjustments a couple of years ago. The newest models have brought it back but in a different form, allowing relative adjustments on the fly to the global baseline levels. But the X4000 generation has ONLY the global adjustment using internal test tones, unless you use an app like DeRemote or have a programmable universal or other control system that can send discrete level commands.
If anyone needs codes, I'd be glad to post them. Not sure if all pronto hex is already somewhere on your site or not. But it's easy enough to pull is from the master list I linked a few posts back.
post #9876 of 9883 Old Today, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I had a question that's been bugging me for a while now that I hope you guys can help me with.

I'm about to buy a PS4 in the next month coupled with a new 50 inch Sony TV (the Sony 50W805 to be exact) and I want to go all out and get proper surround sound as well so I'm
thinking of getting a Denon AVR X-1000 coupled with a Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 Soundware speakerset (I heard these are supposed to be really nice speakers for the price).
This is my first time I'm getting into ''hifi-audio'' if you want to call it that and I have no experience whatsoever with receivers and the like.

Now my question is basically, for those who have a PS4 and the X-1000, does true 5.1 surround work for you guys? It's been bugging me lately because I'm reading a lot of reports on the web about people not getting proper surround sound on their PS4's and other audio problems. I assume the best way to hook it up to my PS4 and TV would be to use only HDMI cables? I read the best way
to connect it would be connecting the PS4 with an HDMI cable to the receiver, and then an HDMI cable from the TV to the HDMI OUT port from the receiver. Is this correct? And what would be the best settings to use on the PS4?
I have a pretty small room so it might be overkill getting a 5.1 set but there are some amazing games coming out next year and I want to step up my gaming experiences by a big notch.

I'd really appreciate to get a firm combination whether this works 100% correctly or not so I can just buy everything I need next month without worries of it not working correctly because it's going to be a huge purchase I'm making but I want to be truly sure that I won't run into problems with this set.

Thanks very much in advance!
post #9877 of 9883 Old Today, 12:22 PM
DG_

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm hoping someone here can help with with an issue I'm experiencing.

I have a Denon X4000 receiver and I am not getting a video signal.
Purchased this receiver recently new from an authorized dealer. Couple days ago I set it up by connecting my speakers, PS4, and running the audyssey calibration. Everything worked fine. I was out a couple of days and today when I turned everything on, I only receive an audio signal, but not video signal. I know the hdmi connection between the receiver and tv is working since I can see the osd when switching to other inputs.

Does anyone know what could be happening? Is the unit damaged?

Thanks.
post #9878 of 9883 Old Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Should the unit do this automagically? I noticed the other night that a Dolby Digital 5.1 input did not use PLIIx for the rears. I recall from my 2311CI (what I upgraded from), I had to specifically tell the unit how to decode for the rear surrounds. I cannot find where to do this on the X4000.

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #9879 of 9883 Old Today, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Huh? Surround Backs = Rear surrounds

Can I enable that for only one input? In my case my PC input? Or is it a global setting?

If so how do I turn it off if I want to?

And finally, if it's global does it have an effect on 7.1 sources like Dolby True HD, DTS MA, or outputs like DD+ from Netflix that are 5.1?

Thank you again

Last edited by robertw11; Today at 02:29 PM.
post #9880 of 9883 Old Today, 08:02 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 View Post
Should the unit do this automagically? I noticed the other night that a Dolby Digital 5.1 input did not use PLIIx for the rears. I recall from my 2311CI (what I upgraded from), I had to specifically tell the unit how to decode for the rear surrounds. I cannot find where to do this on the X4000.
Yes, if you have previously selected that surround mode for 2.0/5.1 content. Press/hold the MOVIE button on the remote to see the available surround modes.
Vader424242 likes this.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #9881 of 9883 Old Today, 08:04 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
Can I enable that for only one input? In my case my PC input? Or is it a global setting?

If so how do I turn it off if I want to?

And finally, if it's global does it have an effect on 7.1 sources like Dolby True HD, DTS MA, or outputs like DD+ from Netflix that are 5.1?

Thank you again
Selectable based on audio source and would apply to all 2.0/5.1 sources only as with a 7.1 source, there would be nothing to simulate.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #9882 of 9883 Old Today, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ Thank you again!...

Peace... Vader

post #9883 of 9883 Old Today, 08:06 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_ View Post
I'm hoping someone here can help with with an issue I'm experiencing.

I have a Denon X4000 receiver and I am not getting a video signal.
Purchased this receiver recently new from an authorized dealer. Couple days ago I set it up by connecting my speakers, PS4, and running the audyssey calibration. Everything worked fine. I was out a couple of days and today when I turned everything on, I only receive an audio signal, but not video signal. I know the hdmi connection between the receiver and tv is working since I can see the osd when switching to other inputs.

Does anyone know what could be happening? Is the unit damaged?

Thanks.
To mitigate HDMI audio/video handshake issues, power on the TV first, wait 5 secs, AVR, wait 5 secs, and then finally source device.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page