The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 344 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #10291 of 10300 Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Liked: 1716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaqui View Post
In AVR-X4000 the front/surround balance is off in the all channel stereo mode (mid-rear and far-rear surround speakers dominate the front). If I adjust their levels in setup, the back surround is almost not present when watching movies. Is it possible to set the speaker levels/balance per sound mode?
It's Dynamic EQ. It boosts the surrounds (in addition to adjusting freq response) to maintain surround immersion during movies. But not appropriate for all ch stereo listening.

Instead of adjusting surround levels which (as you found) also mucks up movie performance, either turn DEQ off for all ch stereo listening or adjust the Ref Level Offset parameter to 10-15db which will tone down how much DEQ is boosting. You could also try some of the other music surround upmix modes like Pro Logic II Music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10292 of 10300 Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
You could also try some of the other music surround upmix modes like Pro Logic II Music.
I concur -- try a couple of choices. I have found that if synthesizing for 5 speakers from a 2-channel source is necessary, I prefer PL II cinema for movies, but NEO:X music for music. The PL II choice for music still leaves the surround channels too loud, just like Azaqui's.

---- Dan in Saint Louis
post #10293 of 10300 Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Is there a way to control or at least push music to an E300 from my PC? Ideally I'd like to select music from iTunes or Spotify and it would play on the E300. Is that possible, or should I just use the remote to browse files much slower?

post #10294 of 10300 Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Help with Bluetooth on new AVR-x7200w

I just bought my first Denon To replace my older Pioneer sc05. I bought the AVR-x7200w. I love it. I'm having a problem though. I set my iPad and iPhone to connect to it via Bluetooth so I could listen to music in Zone 2. The primary use is for home theater. Every time I go down my basement to watch a movie, the AVR is powered on and set to the Bluetooth input all by itself and for God knows how long. I always turn the receiver off and it is usually left on cable or bluray input. Is this because my phone and or iPad are searching for the AVR and are somehow connecting automatically. I can't find a setting on the AVR to turn Bluetooth off. I don't want to turn off Bluetooth on my devices. I use them for Bluetooth on my sound dock upstairs and connect with them in the car. Does this make sense? Am I missing something? I've only had the AVR for 2 weeks. I looked online and see nothing. I did check to see if I click on the Denon from my iPhone Bluetooth device list if it would power on the AVR and it does. And that is a convenient feature if I choose it but not when i find out the AVR powerred up by itself and was on for 3 or 4 days straight without me knowing! Thanks guys!
post #10295 of 10300 Old Today, 07:20 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2732 Post(s)
Liked: 1928
^^
Oops! Wrong thread. Please post in the thread linked below ....

The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200)

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and authorized dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

7 days a week 8am – 8pm EST
Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #10296 of 10300 Old Today, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlittle View Post
Is there a way to control or at least push music to an E300 from my PC? Ideally I'd like to select music from iTunes or Spotify and it would play on the E300. Is that possible, or should I just use the remote to browse files much slower?
Using iTunes Airplay from your PC should work just fine. I use it a lot. Aside from being easier to find songs using iTunes, iTune has gapless playback capability for MP3s (my X4000 will only do gapless for FLAC / ALAC). Gapless playback is really nice when songs segue into one another, like on live albums or Abbey Road, or Dark Side of the Moon.
post #10297 of 10300 Old Today, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 118
2-channel playback setup with x4000

I have an x4000 and 5.2 speakers, with the front L and R powered by an external amp. All of the speakers are set to SMALL. I am not using ZONE 2 or 3.

I'd like to have this system set up for 2-channel playback, but with a different crossover frequency than for home theater use, and I definitely don't want "double bass" in either use. Is this possible? If so, what is the right setting for Amp Assign? And in the 2-channel playback settings, I assume that I have SW Mode set to LFE, is that right?

I think that I "get" the manual's instructions on how to do a separate 2-channel setup when you have two sets of front speakers, but I have only one set.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #10298 of 10300 Old Today, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlittle View Post
You can use Airplay like was suggested already, or if you're like me you'll use the web interface or app that controls your NAS, or get a Google Chromecast and plug it into your AVR.
post #10299 of 10300 Unread Today, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have a Denon X4000. Setup 5.1. Gave me an out of phase error on left surround. Checked several times and everything is correct. What could be issue????
post #10300 of 10300 Unread Today, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon E400 - no audio via HDMI pass thru

I am enjoying my new E400 in a 7.0 speaker arrangement. It is connected to a new Samsung UN55H7150, a blu-ray player and the Comcast X1 cable TV box. All features work perfectly with one exception. At times when the Denon is off it does not correctly "pass-thru" the audio from the X1 cable that is connected to the Denon HDMI 1 port. This problem seems to come and go by itself. I have already performed the factory reset on the Denon. Most of the time the pass through works fine. To troubleshoot this I connected the blu-ray player to the Denon HDMI 1 and it also did not pass the audio through to the TV. The video is always there. Some times the problem goes away just by power cycling the Denon. Other times it does not fix it.

Is this something that falls under the explanation of - HDMI is just flakey at times."? Or do I have something that I should look to get repaired?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page