The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 357 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #10681 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
My 'Like New' X4000 from Amazon Warehouse came sans Audessey mic (or CD)... No, it's not in the Styrofoam. Where does one find a Audessey mic for the X4000?
Amazon has it for $19.99 http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-ACM...eywords=ACM1HB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10682 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post
I cannot, for the life of me, get my Denon X4000 setup menu to show on my screen. I've had the Denon since last May, have set it up numerous times - frequent power blips reset my sub levels. I have a 2nd out hdmi connected to a 2nd pc monitor at my pc desk. I have 3 other HDMI inputs, but I've been able to run setup before with these extra inputs. I haven't run any updates since ... last fall ? 2014.

I probably have not run the Denon setup since I connected the 2nd HDMI out to the pc monitor. But I've disconnected that cable from the Denon ... and nothing, no Denon setup menu.

I have the Denon set to main zone on, with the projector input selected. Its a bit late and I'm ... just not figuring it out.

Any help for this idiot me will be hugely appreciated.

PS. Yes, the denon remote is batteried up, I can switch between inputs without a problem.
Have you tried a reset? First try the "soft" reset by unplugging for 10 minutes. If needing a "hard" reset JD has the procedures for backing up your config and doing the microprocessor reset in one of the first few posts of this thread.

Good Luck
Bill
post #10683 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
A few owners have had this same issue. Try changing surround modes.

I have tried that and does not seem to matter. Very random. Only commercials?
post #10684 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
I cannot, for the life of me, get my Denon X4000 setup menu to show on my screen. I've had the Denon since last May, have set it up numerous times - frequent power blips reset my sub levels. I have a 2nd out hdmi connected to a 2nd pc monitor at my pc desk. I have 3 other HDMI inputs, but I've been able to run setup before with these extra inputs. I haven't run any updates since ... last fall ? 2014.

I probably have not run the Denon setup since I connected the 2nd HDMI out to the pc monitor. But I've disconnected that cable from the Denon ... and nothing, no Denon setup menu.

I have the Denon set to main zone on, with the projector input selected. Its a bit late and I'm ... just not figuring it out.

Any help for this idiot me will be hugely appreciated.

PS. Yes, the denon remote is batteried up, I can switch between inputs without a problem.
in the video output menu is video conversion set to off? It needs to be set "on" to see the menu.

post #10685 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3076 Post(s)
Liked: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
Just an FYI .. but mics shipped from China (as this one is) are known to be knock-offs and not work properly.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #10686 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Liked: 1768
Buy it direct from Audyssey or Denon. Not worth saving $5-10 to risk potentially getting a cheap knock off that will hurt sound quality.
post #10687 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 80
External DAC to connect to X4000

I am getting ready to invest in an external DAC..

I honestly have never used one, but I have created a budget (MAX $400, I prefer something closer to $200) so I can play my personal files with better quality.

Can someone please explain the connection and cables to go from my phone, USB, hard drive, etc.>DAC>Denon X4000.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
HTD Level 3 Review
Receiver : Denon x4000
Speakers : HTD Level 3 Bookshelves - FS52s (surrounds)
Subwoofer : Outlaw LFM-1 Plus and PB1000
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #10688 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post
in the video output menu is video conversion set to off? It needs to be set "on" to see the menu.
I can see it whether that setting is on or off. The difference is, with it on the menu will overlay your source. With it off, it takes over the screen.
post #10689 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
I cannot, for the life of me, get my Denon X4000 setup menu to show on my screen.
Hi socketus, what about pressing Setup button on the receiver.
post #10690 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:

Check to be sure that Video Convert is ON. If it's OFF, the on-screen display is not visible. If you leave it on, you can see it no matter what setting you use for i/p Scaler.

If this is not the issue, try a reset.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #10691 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any ideas on this problem? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb24 View Post
My update keeps failing on my x-4000. It says an update is available everytime I turn it on. It will retry the update a few times and eventually it says connection fail 24. I can stream music and all the diagnostics network test pass and say the network is working properly. I have to reset the unit to get the connection fail message off of it. I have also done the network reset. I am able to reload my saved settings back to it from my laptop. Any suggestions would be great.
post #10692 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3076 Post(s)
Liked: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb24 View Post
Anyone have any ideas on this problem? Thanks
Try a different router. Perhaps take it to a neighbor's house and use their router.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #10693 of 10706 Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

I would try disabling your firewall temporarily, or just running straight to your modem (same thing but doesn't require changing any settings).
post #10694 of 10706 Old Today, 04:26 AM

Hello there!

I'm about to pull the trigger on an X4000, but I'm torn between going Open Box with a 1 year SquareTrade warranty, or Brand New with the Denon 3 year warranty. The price difference seems to be about $150 between the two, and I'm just wondering if it's worth paying for a new one just to know I'm not going to have to hassle with SquareTrade if anything goes wrong, and to get an additional two years of coverage. Any advice would be much appreciated!

-DES
post #10695 of 10706 Old Today, 05:20 AM
Advanced Member

If the open box item is from an authorized dealer, you can get the full 3 year warranty.

Last edited by Soulburner; Today at 12:24 PM.
post #10696 of 10706 Old Today, 10:55 AM

Liked: 12
Question..I setup my x4000 and ran XT32 from all positions based on AVS audyssey guide. For some reason the surrounds seem louder than the fronts/center. Is this normal?
post #10697 of 10706 Old Today, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Yes. Use the reference level offset and see if that helps. Second, you could dial down their level in speaker config.
post #10698 of 10706 Old Today, 12:28 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Yes. Use the reference level offset and see if that helps. Second, you could dial down their level in speaker config.

That worked.llthx!
post #10699 of 10706 Old Today, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
If the open box item is from an authorized dealer, you can get the full 3 year warranty.
This is great to know, thanks so much!
post #10700 of 10706 Old Today, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

I couldn't get the Remote IN jack to work. I used a mono cable, tried all 6 ports on my box, and even adjusted the power of the signal. Nothing.

I went back to using the stick-on emitters. Attached is the relevant page in the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-28-18-29-29_1425170326519.png
Views:	15
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	575409  
post #10701 of 10706 Old Today, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyesSmiling View Post
This is great to know, thanks so much!
I found it in a thread here through a Google search
post #10702 of 10706 Old Today, 06:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
A few owners have had this same issue. Try changing surround modes.

I fixed this by doing a hard reset and then reprogram the AVR from the start and it worked.

On a side note I have seen on a few posts about the HDMI control when turning on always goes to the TV. And not the last source. I corrected this buy turning on the TV first. I have Dish if I wake the Hopper first it loads and stays on the Sat/cable instead of going to TV. FYI
post #10703 of 10706 Old Today, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
"I would try disabling your firewall temporarily, or just running straight to your modem (same thing but doesn't require changing any settings)"

I am having the same issue. Tried connecting directly from my Netgear router, no luck. Tried straight from the modem no luck. Unbelievable that you have to do a master reset every time the firmware fails to install properly. I have done that at least 4 times today. I suspect this issue is also related to the same problem I have that I can never control anything via my Iphone App. It connects but everything stays in red the entire time and it grayed out.

Can't understand why you can't throw a USB stick in there to update and call it a day.
post #10704 of 10706 Old Today, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walke108 View Post
"I would try disabling your firewall temporarily, or just running straight to your modem (same thing but doesn't require changing any settings)"

I am having the same issue. Tried connecting directly from my Netgear router, no luck. Tried straight from the modem no luck. Unbelievable that you have to do a master reset every time the firmware fails to install properly. I have done that at least 4 times today. I suspect this issue is also related to the same problem I have that I can never control anything via my Iphone App. It connects but everything stays in red the entire time and it grayed out.

Can't understand why you can't throw a USB stick in there to update and call it a day.
I finally got mine to update. I had an older router laying around and tried it and it did't work. I then flashed dd-wrt software on the router and set it up in client bridge mode and connected the mobile hotspot from by cell phone to the the router and then a cable from the router to my x4000 and it worked. So it must of been something with by internet provider. I am glad I backed up my settings before I tried to update, because I have probablly reset it 20 times trying to get the update to work.
post #10705 of 10706 Old Today, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

I've done a lot of searching but I can't seem to find...

How do I program the X4000 remote for my TV / other devices?

*Under Construction*
To: AVR-X4000, Chane A3rx-c, Rythmik L12 (2)
Samsung PN64H5000 Recommended Settings
post #10706 of 10706 Old Today, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How well does the E400 upscale to 4k? I have a Seiki 39" TV, which while great running through my gaming PC upscaled to 4K with MadVR + a ton of stuff looks good, my media PC is way less powerful and can't run the filters, as well as my cable and other sources. The scaler in the Seiki's kind of suck. lol. It's a good 4k panel, as long as you don't want smart TV functions or scaling.

My roomie is thinking of upgrading to the S900 on sale right now and I'm going to grab his E400 off him. I want the extra inputs and to go from a soundbar to 5.1 or 7.1 system anyways, so it's a good deal for both of us as he has a new 4K TV and want the newer features of the S900.

So how well does the E400 handle a 720 cable source or 1080p bluray upscaling to 4k?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread