The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 360 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #10771 of 10781 Old 03-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
The trigger port is rated to deliver 12 volts at 150 milliamps max. I suspect that decent fan would draw more current -- you would have to use a small 12 volt relay to switch it on, maybe get the actual power from a surplus wall wart.
I didn't mean to power it with the trigger, only to turn it on. Like when you trigger an amp or a sub.

Not a bad idea on the wall wart, as long as it supplies enough power. I'm sure I have one that does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10772 of 10781 Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Weird problem: I keep my E300 off unless I want to watch something from the computer with Windows 7 (attached via HDMI). When I go to watch it, I can switch projection mode so it displays on the projector, but the computer doesn't recognize that there's a new output for the sound, so I restart my computer and it defaults to outputting sound to the receiver.

Anyone experienced this?

post #10773 of 10781 Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I believe I posted about this here. I had a firmware update a few weeks ago. Tried to initiate it accidentally from my ipad and my x3000 went into a continuous power cycle loop. I had to pull the plug and everything was fine. I never did check to see if the firmware update applied successfully. I need to do that.

Tonight, I went into the Setup and assigned a static ip address. When I was finished, it did the same thing. Ended up having to pull the plug again. When I powered it back on I did check and my ip address was still there.

Anyone experience similar? Should I be concerned? This a a refurb from AFL. Can't recall if that has a one year warranty or not.
post #10774 of 10781 Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Two weeks, of uptime now, and not one problem with the x4000. Glad i picked it up on sale.
post #10775 of 10781 Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Smurf View Post
Two weeks, of uptime now, and not one problem with the x4000. Glad i picked it up on sale.
Good to here! There seem to be so many users having strange issues.

My X3000 is now over 12 months old and still running faultlessly. Only minor issue is probably more to do with my network set up, but the DENON android app quite often can not see the X3000, but can always see my AVR2113. Cycling the X3000 usually makes it visible for a day or so, then it disappears. Cycling the router sometimes fixes it for a while as well. I have the X3000 set on a fixed IP so that Logitech Media Server can find it and turn it on and off, adjust volume, etc. for my Logitech Squeeze Box Touch. I just use a different android app to get around it, so must be more to do with the DENON app.

Cheers, David
post #10776 of 10781 Old Today, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Smurf View Post

Same here...really great sound Q
post #10777 of 10781 Old Today, 06:07 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3117 Post(s)
Liked: 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I believe I posted about this here. I had a firmware update a few weeks ago. Tried to initiate it accidentally from my ipad and my x3000 went into a continuous power cycle loop. I had to pull the plug and everything was fine. I never did check to see if the firmware update applied successfully. I need to do that.

Tonight, I went into the Setup and assigned a static ip address. When I was finished, it did the same thing. Ended up having to pull the plug again. When I powered it back on I did check and my ip address was still there.

Anyone experience similar? Should I be concerned? This a a refurb from AFL. Can't recall if that has a one year warranty or not.
If necessary you can do a "network reset" as I describe in post #5 of this thread. Also, refurbs from AC4L come with a 1 year warranty.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #10778 of 10781 Unread Today, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My Denon AVR-E300, used daily, displayed a firmware upgrade prompt the other day and I let it install, but I have no idea what it changed. I've been searching all over the Web for some kind of change log, but haven't been able to. Anybody know what's in the firmware update?
post #10779 of 10781 Unread Today, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimus7 View Post
My Denon AVR-E300, used daily, displayed a firmware upgrade prompt the other day and I let it install, but I have no idea what it changed. I've been searching all over the Web for some kind of change log, but haven't been able to. Anybody know what's in the firmware update?
Post #6 in this thread.
post #10780 of 10781 Unread Today, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Post #6 in this thread.
Thank you. Obviously I'm new here!

(fyi, the "#6" in your post links to nowhere, but I figured it out and will bookmark for future reference.)
post #10781 of 10781 Unread Today, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimus7 View Post
Thank you. Obviously I'm new here!

(fyi, the "#6" in your post links to nowhere, but I figured it out and will bookmark for future reference.)
Not sure why the forum made "#6" a link.....I did nothing consciously to make it so.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page