The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 369 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #11041 of 11046 Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3615 Post(s)
Liked: 2155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post
I tried factory resetting 5x - but still didn't bring back to the original setup options as it was when I got it (again, I'm not asking how to go into setup, but wondering if it truly did a full factory reset if it didn't start in the same way it did when received)

Some good news - I tried using HDMI over Zone 2 - and it worked fine! I know that Zone 2 only has 1 HDMI out - but I'm ok with that. Is there any thing I'm missing if I just use it fully as Zone 2, and ignore the main zone 1?
It did do a factory reset if the front panel display flashed when you pressed the appropriate reset buttons and you held them for at least 4-5 seconds. Otherwise, using only the Zone 2 HDMI Out will limit you to only HDMI sources and then only from the rear panel HDMI inputs. Also, if the Zone 2 HDMI out is connected to a TV, the audio from the main zone surround speakers will be down mixed to 2CH stereo only. Have you tried the 2nd main Zone HDMI output?

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11042 of 11046 Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It did do a factory reset if the front panel display flashed when you pressed the appropriate reset buttons and you held them for at least 4-5 seconds. Otherwise, using only the Zone 2 HDMI Out will limit you to only HDMI sources and then only from the rear panel HDMI inputs. Also, if the Zone 2 HDMI out is connected to a TV, the audio from the main zone surround speakers will be down mixed to 2CH stereo only. Have you tried the 2nd main Zone HDMI output?
I checked the 2nd main zone HDMI out - still nada.
I'm OK with only HDMI sources (that's all I have) and using rear panel inputs only. Also - I actually don't have need of separate zones - so it's only being output to one room (HT). So that being the case (before I go back and mount it on the rack) - is there anything (else) I'm missing by using Zone 2 and having it output to my HT room speakers and subs - e.g. does it use all of the same 9.2 speaker setup and Dolby True HD, DTS - HD etc decoding?
thanks for your help (could be saving me $$$$ on repairs)!!
post #11043 of 11046 Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
585-645-1006

^^
As I said .. if you are connecting the Zone 2 HDMI output to a TV, then the signal received by the AVR will only be a 2.0 stereo signal, regardless of whether playing a BD/DVD or not. The AVR would then use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 audio from the stereo signal. Certainly not ideal, but if you want to save repair costs, the best you can do.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #11044 of 11046 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
As I said .. if you are connecting the Zone 2 HDMI output to a TV, then the signal received by the AVR will only be a 2.0 stereo signal, regardless of whether playing a BD/DVD or not. The AVR would then use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 audio from the stereo signal. Certainly not ideal, but if you want to save repair costs, the best you can do.
Definitelydon't want to limit to simulated 5.1 - I will be outputting the signal to a projector (currently BenQ W6000) - is that considered a TV for this, or will I get full 9.2?
post #11045 of 11046 Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
585-645-1006

^^
If the PJ doesn't have speakers, then likely limited to 2CH or possibly no audio at all in the main zone.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11046 of 11046 Old Today, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Just tried it, and it only offers stereo Looks like it's off to repair...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread