The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 370 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11071 of 11079 Unread Today, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Pull the cable from the AVR's sub pre-out. Rub your finger over the tip. Hear static from the sub? If yes, could be an issue with the AVR. Try resetting the microprocessor on the sub (see post ##5 of this thread). If no, try a different cable.
I could hear a humming when I touched the tip of the cable so I reset the AVR's microprocessor. It works now! Thanks for the suggestions! It looks like before it kept remembering that there was no sub. After the reset, it showed the sub on screen. The bass seems a bit weak though even when I turn the sub volume knob all the way up. Wonder if it's lower wattage of the AVR, smaller driver on the sub, or the combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11072 of 11079 Unread Today, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
The bass seems a bit weak though even when I turn the sub volume knob all the way up. Wonder if it's lower wattage of the AVR, smaller driver on the sub, or the combo.
I found the sub volume setting in the AVR and turned it all the way up. Still nowhere near the bass of the PSW125 I have in the home theater setup, but I can hear (and actually feel) the bass now without trying.
post #11073 of 11079 Unread Today, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello. Is there any specefic mic model for x4000? Or we can use any mic for calibration? And also what is the mic model # and remote model #? Tia.
post #11074 of 11079 Unread Today, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapsilog View Post
Hello. Is there any specefic mic model for x4000? Or we can use any mic for calibration? And also what is the mic model # and remote model #? Tia.
The mics are the same for all models.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/maracm1h/marantz-acm1hb-audyssey-setup-microphone-for-marantz-onkyo-denon/1.html
post #11075 of 11079 Unread Today, 02:31 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3682 Post(s)
Liked: 2172
Quote:
Mic - You can use any of the following Audyssey mics DM-A409, ACM1H, or ACM1HB used on Denon, Marantz, and Onkyo AVRs the past 5 years.

Remote Control - RC1185 (note however, that if you need to purchase a remote, you may want to consider purchasing a Harmony remote instead which can then no only control the AVR but also your other components as well.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; Today at 05:31 PM.
post #11076 of 11079 Unread Today, 02:35 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
I could hear a humming when I touched the tip of the cable so I reset the AVR's microprocessor. It works now! Thanks for the suggestions! It looks like before it kept remembering that there was no sub. After the reset, it showed the sub on screen. The bass seems a bit weak though even when I turn the sub volume knob all the way up. Wonder if it's lower wattage of the AVR, smaller driver on the sub, or the combo.
Most owners find that after running Audyssey, they generally prefer raising the subwoofer level about +5db, so you initially want it to be about -7db to -4db after Audyssey and then simply bump that level up +5db so that it's closer to 0db. Doing so will not only bump up the bass level to where most enjoy it, but also ensures the signal going from the AVR to the sub will be strong enough to kick the sub out of Auto mode.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #11077 of 11079 Unread Today, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
The mics are the same for all models.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/maracm1h/marantz-acm1hb-audyssey-setup-microphone-for-marantz-onkyo-denon/1.html
Thank you.

Quote:
Mic - You can use any of the following Audyssey mics DM-409, ACM1H, or ACM1HB used on Denon, Marantz, and Onkyo AVRs the past 5 years.

Remote Control - RC1185 (note however, that if you need to purchase a remote, you may want to consider purchasing a Harmony remote instead which can then no only control the AVR but also your other components as well.
I see. Because i have a local dealer display model x4000 dont have mic and remote. Do you have any idea how much x4000 now as used?

Also how huge upgrade from denon 2112ci xt to x4000 xt32?

Last edited by tapsilog; Today at 04:33 PM.
post #11078 of 11079 Unread Today, 04:36 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Thank you.

I see. Because i have a local dealer display model x4000 dont have mic and remote. Do you have any idea how much x4000 now as used?

Also how huge upgrade from denon 2112ci xt to x4000 xt32?
You can purchase both mic and remote from one of the various Denon authorized parts distributors or on Amazon or eBay.

http://usa.denon.com/us/support/partsdistributors

Big difference going from 2112CI (MSRP $650) to X4000 (MSRP $1299).

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11079 of 11079 Unread Today, 05:33 PM

Quote:
You can purchase both mic and remote from one of the various Denon authorized parts distributors or on Amazon or eBay.

http://usa.denon.com/us/support/partsdistributors

Big difference going from 2112CI (MSRP $650) to X4000 (MSRP $1299).
What about interms of sound quality?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread