The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 375 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #11221 of 11226 Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi. Not sure if this has been asked and answered before, if so my apologies.

I'm looking at getting the X3000 specifically for it's Zone 2 (HDMI switching) capabilities

My question:
I have an extra TV and separate passive stereo speakers in a second room. Would I be able to send video to the TV via the HDMI 2 out, from an HDMI input source, whilst sending audio (powered, not line level) to the stereo speakers via the Zone 2 speaker terminals, from the same HDMI input source? Also, do this whilst simultaneously handling a different HDMI input source in the main zone?

Practical Scenario: Watching (and listening to) a movie in the main zone from a Blu-Ray player (HDMI Input 1), whilst playing Xbox (HDMI Input 2) on the second TV and listening to the Xbox on the separate passive stereo speakers.

Would this at all be possible? If not, would the X4000 or maybe the X3100 be able to do it?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11222 of 11226 Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

I'm looking at getting the X3000 specifically for it's Zone 2 (HDMI switching) capabilities

My question:
I have an extra TV and separate passive stereo speakers in a second room. Would I be able to send video to the TV via the HDMI 2 out, from an HDMI input source, whilst sending audio (powered, not line level) to the stereo speakers via the Zone 2 speaker terminals, from the same HDMI input source? Also, do this whilst simultaneously handling a different HDMI input source in the main zone?

Practical Scenario: Watching (and listening to) a movie in the main zone from a Blu-Ray player (HDMI Input 1), whilst playing Xbox (HDMI Input 2) on the second TV and listening to the Xbox on the separate passive stereo speakers.

Would this at all be possible? If not, would the X4000 or maybe the X3100 be able to do it?

post #11223 of 11226 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 4102 Post(s)
Liked: 2273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile Annandale View Post

My question:

Technically yes this is possible (set HDMI Audio Out (Zone 2) to "PCM") although may not work with all sources as the X3000 has the same Zone 2 feature set as does the X3100W and X4000. I say technically as my DVR can be playing DD 5.1 in the main zone with stereo audio to Zone 2, but my PS3 cannot and must be set to pass only PCM 2.0 in order to also play to the Zone 2 speaker posts.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #11224 of 11226 Old Today, 12:42 AM

^^

Thank you!

So if I understand correctly, you can be enjoying your DVR in main room, whilst Playing PS3 in Zone 2 (Video on TV and audio via speaker cables to Zone 2 passive stereo speakers)?

Thanks!
post #11225 of 11226 Old Today, 02:46 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 4102 Post(s)
Liked: 2273
^^
Correct. Zone 2 starting with the X3000 and higher models can accept a PCM 2.0 source via either HDMI, optical or coax digital.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; Today at 05:14 AM.
post #11226 of 11226 Old Today, 05:01 AM

^^
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version