The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 379 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #11341 of 11362 Old 06-28-2015, 02:28 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4402 Post(s)
Liked: 2367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckie View Post
Well, my X4000 has started shutting itself off randomly for a second time. Originally purchased May of 2014. It started acting up in December, and I sent it to Panurgy for repairs. It was working fine until today. There's plenty of room for cooling around the receiver.

Is there any other route for this that will truly solve it? I hate paying to send it in every few months.
Call up Denon and ask them to pay for shipping to United Radio, NY (where they have consolidated both Marantz and Denon repairs as Panurgy is no longer used).

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 11362 Old 06-28-2015, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Call up Denon and ask them to pay for shipping to United Radio, NY (where they have consolidated both Marantz and Denon repairs as Panurgy is no longer used).
I see they are still listing Panurgy on their website as a "Super Service Center."
http://usa.denon.com/us/support/servicecentersearch

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #11343 of 11362 Old 06-28-2015, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 1044
Quote:
Well, my X4000 has started shutting itself off randomly for a second time. Originally purchased May of 2014. It started acting up in December, and I sent it to Panurgy for repairs. It was working fine until today. There's plenty of room for cooling around the receiver.

Is there any other route for this that will truly solve it? I hate paying to send it in every few months.
How long did it work before it started flaking out again?
post #11344 of 11362 Old 06-28-2015, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

Do you recall what they said they did to fix it the first time? Obviously, it didn't work... I am wondering if the "we replaced a bad board" shtick is just a stock reply for "We dunno what the problem is, so we'll just replace something and hope for the best..."

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #11345 of 11362 Old 06-29-2015, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Got a call saying my x4000 is fixed and ready to be picked up! A one week turn around and a three mile drive ain't too shabby. Said they replaced the hdmi board. Apparently the hdmi board and network card are one in the same. Hopefully all will be working correctly.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #11346 of 11362 Old 06-29-2015, 01:02 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Got a call saying my x4000 is fixed and ready to be picked up! A one week turn around and a three mile drive ain't too shabby. Said they replaced the hdmi board. Apparently the hdmi board and network card are one in the same. Hopefully all will be working correctly.

Yup ... for the past 4 years or so.
ambesolman likes this.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #11347 of 11362 Old 06-30-2015, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 View Post
Do you recall what they said they did to fix it the first time? Obviously, it didn't work... I am wondering if the "we replaced a bad board" shtick is just a stock reply for "We dunno what the problem is, so we'll just replace something and hope for the best..."
Yeah, one wonders. It would be nice if you could talk to the technician who worked on it and find out exactly what they did and why. But they don't allow that at United Radio. Can't get past the front desk.

It's the uncertainty around this issue, and the fact that so many units seem to be affected, that make this so frustrating. I just want somebody to tell me what the dang problem is.

But if it happens a second time, that's when Denon really needs to step up and just replace the unit with the next year's model (X4100 ?), whether the warranty is still in effect or not. That would be the right thing to do, seems to me.
post #11348 of 11362 Old 06-30-2015, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
3D not suddenly recognized

Never had a issue viewing 3D on my Panasonic AE-8000 projector until all of a sudden got the message 3d player not recognizing a compatible display.Using an oppo 103 to Denon X4000 out to the Panasonic AE 8000. When I removed the Denon X4000 from the loop and the projector plays the 3D fine. Looked over all the settings and don't see any thing out of whack. Deep color is off on the oppo. Any ideas?
post #11349 of 11362 Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Picked up my x4000 today. Did a few microprocessor resets to start things off then set everything up and ran audyssey. Sounds great again! Props to Norman's Electronics for the 1 week turn around time[emoji106]🏼

post #11350 of 11362 Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I'm trying to understand the Zone 2 capabilities of my X-3000. I previously owned the 2113ci and I had it setup so that I could play 5.1 sources (mainly cablecard HTPC playing TV Dolby Digital channels, e.g., Monday Night Football) and go outside to my patio and using my Denon smartphone app, turn on Zone 2 and play Pandora through my patio speakers connected to the surround back speakers assigned to Zone 2. It worked nice (until the network capabilities in the 2113ci went south, but that's another story). I understand that the Zone 2 was totally for 2-channel analog sources and Network sources such as Pandora, Spotify, etc and people could still be watching a DD5.1 TV source inside. I thought with the X-3000 that my options would increase. So far, it works worse than the 2113ci did.

1. If (using the example above), people were inside watching MNF in DD5.1 inside the house, I could be outside on my patio and turn on Zone 2 and play Pandora (for example) without anyone inside even know I did it. Now if I activate Zone 2 outside on my patio, it interrupts playback in the Main Zone for 2-3 seconds. No biggie, the TV program returns, but as I remember, it didn't do this with the 2113ci. And the TV program only returns if I have in Setup/General/Zone 2/HDMI Audio set to "Through". If it is set to PCM, the TV programming in the Main Zone completely goes away.

2. I was hoping that with the X-3000, I could play ANY source - digital or analog - through the Zone 2 speakers at the same time that people were watching HTPC multichannel sources in the Main Zone. Following on the previous example, if people were watching MNF in DD5.1 from my cablecard HTPC via HDMI using the Media Player input source in the Main Zone, I could be out on the patio and turn on Zone 2 and simultaneously listen to the audio of the football game outside. Thanks to this forum, I understand that there is a "party zone" mode that should play the source in the Main Zone - whether analog or digital - to both zones, albeit that it will downgrade the audio to all zone stereo. It doesn't work for me. Bottom line is I've never been able to get any audio from my HTPC to play outside via the X-3000 simultaneously with it playing in the Main Zone or as a separate source to what may be playing in the Main Zone.

So, I've only been able to use the X-3000 the same way as I used to use the 2113ci, except that now programming is interrupted in the Main Zone every time I turn on Zone 2. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.
post #11351 of 11362 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by petes457 View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to understand the Zone 2 capabilities of my X-3000. I previously owned the 2113ci and I had it setup so that I could play 5.1 sources (mainly cablecard HTPC playing TV Dolby Digital channels, e.g., Monday Night Football) and go outside to my patio and using my Denon smartphone app, turn on Zone 2 and play Pandora through my patio speakers connected to the surround back speakers assigned to Zone 2. It worked nice (until the network capabilities in the 2113ci went south, but that's another story). I understand that the Zone 2 was totally for 2-channel analog sources and Network sources such as Pandora, Spotify, etc and people could still be watching a DD5.1 TV source inside. I thought with the X-3000 that my options would increase. So far, it works worse than the 2113ci did.

1. If (using the example above), people were inside watching MNF in DD5.1 inside the house, I could be outside on my patio and turn on Zone 2 and play Pandora (for example) without anyone inside even know I did it. Now if I activate Zone 2 outside on my patio, it interrupts playback in the Main Zone for 2-3 seconds. No biggie, the TV program returns, but as I remember, it didn't do this with the 2113ci. And the TV program only returns if I have in Setup/General/Zone 2/HDMI Audio set to "Through". If it is set to PCM, the TV programming in the Main Zone completely goes away.

2. I was hoping that with the X-3000, I could play ANY source - digital or analog - through the Zone 2 speakers at the same time that people were watching HTPC multichannel sources in the Main Zone. Following on the previous example, if people were watching MNF in DD5.1 from my cablecard HTPC via HDMI using the Media Player input source in the Main Zone, I could be out on the patio and turn on Zone 2 and simultaneously listen to the audio of the football game outside. Thanks to this forum, I understand that there is a "party zone" mode that should play the source in the Main Zone - whether analog or digital - to both zones, albeit that it will downgrade the audio to all zone stereo. It doesn't work for me. Bottom line is I've never been able to get any audio from my HTPC to play outside via the X-3000 simultaneously with it playing in the Main Zone or as a separate source to what may be playing in the Main Zone.

So, I've only been able to use the X-3000 the same way as I used to use the 2113ci, except that now programming is interrupted in the Main Zone every time I turn on Zone 2. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.
1. The slight interruption of the main zone is to be expected; however, if you are playing Pandora to Zone 2, you should not have to change the Zone 2 setting to "Through".
2. With the Zone 2 setting set to "PCM" (vice Through), PCM 2.0 audio should pass to Zone 2 speakers; however, the source may have to be explicitly set to PCM 2.0 (eg. my DTV DVR can be playing a DD 5.1 movie in the main zone while also passing the PCM 2.0 audio to Zone 2 speakers, while my PS3 cannot and must be set to pass PCM 2.0 only in order for the audio to pass to Zone 2 as well).

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11352 of 11362 Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 745
I have a question about warranty and service. Does the X4000 have a 3 year warranty or just 2 years? I ask as I thought it had 3 year but Denon just told me it only had 2 year and that 3 year warranties were only on their CI models. Also, since I purchased the unit at Magnolia(Best Buy) my salesperson said I could just bring it into them and they send it to Best Buy/GeekSquad in Minneapolis for repair. Denon said that Best Buy doesn't show on their service network, but that doesn't mean they are not an authorized service outfit as they are an authorized retailer for Denon products.

Looking for some guidance, thanks.

----------

As far as the warranty period it says 3 years right on their site so clearly the Denon rep doesn't know what he's talking about.

Still curious about the Best Buy service though as using Best Buy saves me the shipping costs.

Last edited by Keenan; Yesterday at 10:33 AM.
post #11353 of 11362 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I have a question about warranty and service. Does the X4000 have a 3 year warranty or just 2 years? I ask as I thought it had 3 year but Denon just told me it only had 2 year and that 3 year warranties were only on their CI models. Also, since I purchased the unit at Magnolia(Best Buy) my salesperson said I could just bring it into them and they send it to Best Buy/GeekSquad in Minneapolis for repair. Denon said that Best Buy doesn't show on their service network, but that doesn't mean they are not an authorized service outfit as they are an authorized retailer for Denon products.

Looking for some guidance, thanks.
Yes, all "X" models if purchased "new" or "open box" from an authorized dealer (eg. Best Buy) would come with a full 3 year warranty when purchased in the USA. And also yes, BB has been known to ship the unit to an authorized repair facility; however, best to call to confirm as in some cases it's only when the BB extended warranty was purchased.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11354 of 11362 Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes, all "X" models if purchased "new" or "open box" from an authorized dealer (eg. Best Buy) would come with a full 3 year warranty when purchased in the USA. And also yes, BB has been known to ship the unit to an authorized repair facility; however, best to call to confirm as in some cases it's only when the BB extended warranty was purchased.
Yes, I added to my post that I found the 3 year warranty info right on their website, and I've already been told that they will handle the repair, but I will double-check that as I did not buy their warranty, the Denon 3 year seemed more than sufficient given the product and the price point.

Thanks!
post #11355 of 11362 Old Today, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So, my 3 year old son pushed a bunch of buttons on the front of my Denon X-4000 receiver and I've noticed now that when I turn the receiver off it just turns off "MAIN ZONE" and appears to go into a sleep mode. Before it would turn off/off.

I am wondering if this is the cause of my issue where when I turn on the TV/receiver the next day I get no audio or video until I pull the power cord on the receiver and plug it back in. Any idea on how to set the receiver to actually turn off and not go into this sleep mode?
post #11356 of 11362 Old Today, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Check to see if other zones are turned on.
post #11357 of 11362 Old Today, 08:06 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post
So, my 3 year old son pushed a bunch of buttons on the front of my Denon X-4000 receiver and I've noticed now that when I turn the receiver off it just turns off "MAIN ZONE" and appears to go into a sleep mode. Before it would turn off/off.

I am wondering if this is the cause of my issue where when I turn on the TV/receiver the next day I get no audio or video until I pull the power cord on the receiver and plug it back in. Any idea on how to set the receiver to actually turn off and not go into this sleep mode?
Either Zone 2 or Zone 3 (or both) are powered on. Select the Zone 2/3 buttons under the front panel flap and power them off.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	808274  
ScottFern likes this.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11358 of 11362 Old Today, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1823 Post(s)
Liked: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
With the X4000, if I use LINE-IN instead of LFE-IN for my subs, will I lose anything? SubEQ?
Are you talking about the different inputs on your subwoofer? There is no "LINE-IN" or "LFE-IN" on the receiver. If so, seems like a question for your subwoofer's manual.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #11359 of 11362 Old Today, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All...Needing a bit of help/Opinions on my issue. Any help would be really helpful. I searched the thread and fully read the first page but couldn't find anything.

I have a X-4000 for a number of years and really enjoy it. My current set-up are by Definitive Technology with an Outlaw LFM-1 Plus sub. Studio Monitor 55's for the front (will be arriving today) my new Definitive Technology CS-8060 HD center and Definitive Technology SR8040BP surrounds.

I'm excited and looking forward to unboxing them tonight. So I went onto Definitive Technology website and DL the new speakers owners manual. The manual for the new speakers expressed not to run Audyssey for the initial set up for distance ETC. Something about BP speakers throwing it off...ok no problem. My SPL is somewhere.

So I pull up my Denon X-4000 manual to get familiar with the UI of the manual side of the set up and here is my problem.

In the X-4000 manual it says that if you set the fronts to small you cant set any other speaker to large. The CS-8060HD says it need to be set to large as it has a powered sub.

I never dropped the crossover setting in the past, only made it higher. So can I set the new center to small and then drop the crossover setting? say to 30HZ

I just don't want to unbox this thing..spend the money and it sucks.

Sorry im ignorant and that's why I'm here posting

Thanks for the time,

Brian
post #11360 of 11362 Old Today, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1823 Post(s)
Liked: 2005
Brian - To be honest, most people simple ignore Def Tech's advice and set things up normally using Audyssey. Worst-case, if you don't like the sound you can turn off Audyssey's room correction EQ, at least the distances and levels will have been set accurately for you.

The 8060HD center has a powered sub but it is not a truly full-range speaker, your Outlaw LFM-1 Plus will do a much better job with ultra low bass frequencies. So, although you can't set it to LARGE since you will be bass managing the SM55's to the Outlaw, you can set it to Small/40Hz if you really want which means the center will still produce everything but super low bass that it can't really handle anyway.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #11361 of 11362 Old Today, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Brian - To be honest, most people simple ignore Def Tech's advice and set things up normally using Audyssey. Worst-case, if you don't like the sound you can turn off Audyssey's room correction EQ, at least the distances and levels will have been set accurately for you.

The 8060HD center has a powered sub but it is not a truly full-range speaker, your Outlaw LFM-1 Plus will do a much better job with ultra low bass frequencies. So, although you can't set it to LARGE since you will be bass managing the SM55's to the Outlaw, you can set it to Small/40Hz if you really want which means the center will still produce everything but super low bass that it can't really handle anyway.
Thank you very much...all you said makes perfect sense.

Thanks again for the time
post #11362 of 11362 Old Today, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I have an x4000 that I control with IP commands using the app iRule. I'm mainly use just the zone 1 functions and have a 7.1 system. Lately I've been wanting to listen to game SFX while also listening to my own music which isnt' supported very many places on the PS3 (though will be upgrading to PS4 soon and I understand it is a little better there, though with the usual hangups). I have lots of playlists set up via jRiver on my PC connected to the Denon as well as a SONOS for streaming my favorite net stations from Slacker. I'm trying to find a simple macro sequence to take me out of 7.1 to 5.1 + zone 2 for my rear surrounds. I am not finding any direct IP commands that would do this from the protocol found here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...96952980,d.b2w

Is there a simple way to do this that I'm missing? It would be nice to just be able to toggle that function on/off rather than diving deep in to the menu system to make the changes.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread