The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 380 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11371 of 11375 Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4445 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
^^
Forum sponsor Monoprice sells several different types of HDMI/Cat 5/6 converters.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 11375 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpeirce View Post
Thanks. That's something I had not thought of! My Zone2 TV is a direct connection. I can run it to the Zone1 output. In fact I can connect both TVs to Zone1 and run a fan test on it. If I can make one turn off without turning off the other, the HDMI/CAT-5/HDMI device is probably the problem. The next question is what brand do I replace it with?
That was incredibly easy to set up and to test. One can never be absolutely certain but it sure looks like the problem is the HDMI/CAT-5/HDMI device. So, if anybody else is using these, what is a good one?
post #11373 of 11375 Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Forum sponsor Monoprice sells several different types of HDMI/Cat 5/6 converters.
I use Monoprice almost exclusively for cables of all sort. However, if they sell several converter brands it would still be helpful to know which might be best.

Re: Monster power conditioners, I am working with a system that came with a house I bought. The only thing I added was the X4000 to free up a 987 to move to another system where an older Denon AVR had failed. The big advantage of the power conditioner is I can turn everything off with one button, although a power strip would do the same thing.

I have Panasonic plasma TVs, which are incredibly hot, Boston speakers, which aren't my favorites, and so on. As long as everything else continues to work, the HOT TVs are the major issue right now.
post #11374 of 11375 Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
No, you can't switch it off but you can set the HDMI Audio Out to "TV" vice "AVR" although not likely to make any difference if not using the HDMI inputs.
Thank you for your reply.
I read on the Net that the 3313 has some heat problems, is this correct and will i need to address this by adding fans ?
Please keep in mind i only will use the 3313 to drive 2 subwoofers.....

PS, i will get a 3313S, i see in the US it a 3313CI, what is the differents between the 2 models ?
post #11375 of 11375 Unread Today, 02:55 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4445 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
^^
No clue ... never heard of a 3313S, rather the European counterpart to the 3313CI is the 3313 (no "S").

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page