The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 386 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #11551 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5300 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump24 View Post
Hello first off I want to compliment you on all your help that you have provided on the forum. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind reading over my problem and see what you think? I have a 1912 that has been trouble free for about 3 years. Now to my problem I have lost video output. My set up goes like this. Directv receiver>1912 via hdmi>1912 via hdmi to Samsung plasma. I have bypassed the 1912 and went directly to the TV and I have video/audio. I swapped the HDMI cables and problem stayed as long as the 1912 is hooked up. I have tried multiple soft resets and microprocessor resets. Before I did the processor reset the only weird thing about the audio was that it was much quieter than before. After the reset the sub sounded better and the surround was louder. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old that are very curious that seem to push every button they can find. Is it possible just the hdmi out is damanged? I also tried a different input on the receiver and it was the same. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any possible help!!
1. A microprocessor reset will restore the unit to factory default to include wiping out the Audyssey settings, so you'll have to run Audyssey again using the included mic.
2. If this issue only involves the DTV box, it's possible a recent firmware update to the box has caused an HDMI handshake issue. If yes, until the next firmware update to the box, connect the box (HDMI) --> TV with box (optical) --> 1912.
3. If the issue involves every HDMI source you have, more likely the HDMI board has been damaged, possibly due to an electrical surge, so repair or replacement would be the next option.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11552 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. A microprocessor reset will restore the unit to factory default to include wiping out the Audyssey settings, so you'll have to run Audyssey again using the included mic.
2. If this issue only involves the DTV box, it's possible a recent firmware update to the box has caused an HDMI handshake issue. If yes, until the next firmware update to the box, connect the box (HDMI) --> TV with box (optical) --> 1912.
3. If the issue involves every HDMI source you have, more likely the HDMI board has been damaged, possibly due to an electrical surge, so repair or replacement would be the next option.
ok thanks for the tip. I will try the playstation tonight and see if I get video with that first.
post #11553 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Just picked up my X4000 from the repair shop for the random shut down with the fast blinking red power light. I will set it up and run it for a while to make sure it is good and then decide if I should keep it or use it for a second system. I have replace it in my main system with the Marantz SR7008 and I have been pleased with that so far.

My meager set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic DMB-BDT360
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Panasonic 65VT60
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
post #11554 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 06:35 PM

X4000 current firmware

Does anyone have the number for the most recent firmware for the AVR-X4000?

"What brings you to this nape of the woods, neck of the wape; How come you're here?"
post #11555 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermott View Post
Mine is currently on 5530-8776-1610. Update check shows that this is the latest.
post #11556 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
Just picked up my X4000 from the repair shop for the random shut down with the fast blinking red power light. I will set it up and run it for a while to make sure it is good and then decide if I should keep it or use it for a second system. I have replace it in my main system with the Marantz SR7008 and I have been pleased with that so far.
How long did it take for your X4000 to shut down? I bought mine two months ago and it had performed flawlessly so far. I'm just curious when I can assume my unit is not defective or is there no time frame for this defect to rear its head?
post #11557 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 10:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbuckwa View Post
How long did it take for your X4000 to shut down? I bought mine two months ago and it had performed flawlessly so far. I'm just curious when I can assume my unit is not defective or is there no time frame for this defect to rear its head?
In some cases, it happens within the first 30 days of purchase. In others, up to a year or more later. As long as you purchased from an authorized dealer the unit has a 3 year warranty (1 year if a refurb).

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #11558 of 11564 Old 08-31-2015, 10:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermott View Post
Firmware updates are discussed in post #6 of this thread. If your unit shows the most current firmware is loaded, there's nothing to update.
WERA689 likes this.

--------

post #11559 of 11564 Old 09-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
well still no video output even when using the PS3 for the input. So for the time being I will just use the optical out for the sound and run HDMI to the tv.

One other question and I would assume I'm doing something wrong. When I select zone 2 which is connected to a pair outdoor speakers, my zone 1 speakers in the house play the same thing. So I have to turn the volume down on zone one to zero and then select zone 2 and turn the volume up. I'm doing something wrong I assume?
post #11560 of 11564 Old 09-01-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump24 View Post
well still no video output even when using the PS3 for the input. So for the time being I will just use the optical out for the sound and run HDMI to the tv.

One other question and I would assume I'm doing something wrong. When I select zone 2 which is connected to a pair outdoor speakers, my zone 1 speakers in the house play the same thing. So I have to turn the volume down on zone one to zero and then select zone 2 and turn the volume up. I'm doing something wrong I assume?
If you are selecting Option - All Zone Stereo, then the source in the main zone will be down mixed to 2CH stereo and it will also play in Zone 2. This option allows you to select an HDMI or digital source to play to Zone 2, otherwise, the only sources that can play to Zone 2 if selected to play independently to Zone 2 on the 1912 are those external sources connected with an analog (red/white) cable, networking sources, or a USB source.

Also, for more assistance, please post in the Denon XX12 Owner's thread linked below ....

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread

--------

post #11561 of 11564 Old 09-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbuckwa View Post
It was nearly two years before the unit started to act this way prior to repair.

My meager set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic DMB-BDT360
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Panasonic 65VT60
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
post #11562 of 11564 Old 09-01-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
If you are selecting Option - All Zone Stereo, then the source in the main zone will be down mixed to 2CH stereo and it will also play in Zone 2. This option allows you to select an HDMI or digital source to play to Zone 2, otherwise, the only sources that can play to Zone 2 if selected to play independently to Zone 2 on the 1912 are those external sources connected with an analog (red/white) cable, networking sources, or a USB source.

Also, for more assistance, please post in the Denon XX12 Owner's thread linked below ....

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread
thanks for your help. Sorry I thought I was in the correct thread.
post #11563 of 11564 Old 09-01-2015, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought my X4000 from Crutchfield as a "Scratch and Dent" model back in January. It worked fine the first few months then I would have a shut down once or twice a month with the blinking red power light. Last month the shutdowns would occur almost everyday. I checked all my speaker wires and cables and they were all fine. I also did multiple resets too. Finally, I couldn't watch TV for more than a few minutes without the unit shutting down. I decided to add a fan and haven't had the unit shut down for a few weeks now. The only problem I have now is the network connection doesn't work. It'll work for a short time after a few resets but then stops working. I decided to push up on the Ethernet cable behind the unit and it worked but then stopped working when I let it go. I'll test the cable out but I believe its the X4000 Ethernet port that has a problem.....
post #11564 of 11564 Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
Mine is currently on 5530-8776-1610. Update check shows that this is the latest.
Thanks!

"What brings you to this nape of the woods, neck of the wape; How come you're here?"
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread