The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 405 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 314Likes

post #12121 of 12124 Old Today, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
By rebooting, I mean when you turn on the receiver (tv, tivo, etc.) the picture and sound will come on for maybe 10 seconds and then everything will turn off again.
Hi de8212, do you mean (tv, receiver and source) power off completely where the standby light comes on?

Does this happen with all source?

Quote:
I tried a different hdmi cable and I also tried a different hdmi port on the tv just to narrow down the issue. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. It's just odd that it will go away for days/weeks at a time.
Is there a power strip, ups or power conditioner in your setup, if so remove it.

Have you try a different tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 12124 Old Today, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit View Post
Try turning off the CEC, HDMI control on everything, turn off video conversion on the Denon, and use an optical for TV sound. Unplug the unit for 20 minutes and then turn avr on first, then TV, then anything else.
I'll give it a shot. The only issue would be the optical cable. The tv is not close to the AV rack so the optical I have run in the wiring channel is used for audio return. Of course I can certaily try your suggestions to see what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi de8212, do you mean (tv, receiver and source) power off completely where the standby light comes on?

Does this happen with all source?

Is there a power strip, ups or power conditioner in your setup, if so remove it.

Have you try a different tv?
Just the denon goes off and you see the error message on my samsung tv showing no hdmi signal is found. Happens on multiple souses.

I've had the same results when I plugged the denon straight into the wall but it is on a surge protector normally.

Edit - I have not tried a different tv. If I had to, I could. It would just be a pain to do.

Last edited by de8212; Today at 12:17 PM.
post #12123 of 12124 Old Today, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
I've had the same results when I plugged the denon straight into the wall but it is on a surge protector normally.

Edit - I have not tried a different tv. If I had to, I could. It would just be a pain to do.
IMHO, appear to be a Denon problem. It could be relate to low power from the outlet. Try running an extension cord to a different outlet not in the same circuit as a test. A kill-a-watt meter might help to see what the receiver is getting.

A small tv will work plugged close to the receiver.
post #12124 of 12124 Old Today, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 15
JChin - I'll give that a shot over the next few days. The strange thing is, if it was a power/otlet issue why does unplugging the hdmi fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread