The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 409 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 354Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12241 of 12430 Old 04-06-2016, 05:37 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatwolf View Post
I've tried that as well, but as far as I know audyssey should disregard all settings and still send signals out.


Still doesn't work unfortunately.


Yes, indeed. Also, I have tried both settings.

I tried disassembling the receiver today to see if anything obvious was amiss, blew out some dust, made sure all internal connections were fine. I couldn't see anything wrong with soldering, wires etc
Return it and get your money back.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12242 of 12430 Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Member
 
M.T.Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Adding Projector to Main Room - Monitor2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The X3000 is not designed to connect a TV and PJ in the same room, rather you would want to upgrade to the X4000 (or newer X4100W or X4200W) which has dual main zone HDMI outputs. The Zone 2 HDMI output on the X3000 is designed to pass both video and audio to another TV or AVR in another room, however, when passing the same HDMI source to both HDMI outputs, the main zone will be down mixed to only stereo as you are currently experiencing.

Could someone please confirm that using my X4000's Monitor2 HDMI out is the best way to add a projector with the same resolution as my plasma display to my main room.


Also, what's best way to control which device--plasma or projector receives video for any given viewing session? I don't mind if both receive the signal at all times, as long as that poses no problems.


I use a Harmony 650 remote most of the time, but I have the OEM remotes available if I need to issue a command that's too obscure for the Harmony.


Thanks in advance!


Kevin
M.T.Nest is offline  
post #12243 of 12430 Old 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
garnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T.Nest View Post
Could someone please confirm that using my X4000's Monitor2 HDMI out is the best way to add a projector with the same resolution as my plasma display to my main room.


Also, what's best way to control which device--plasma or projector receives video for any given viewing session? I don't mind if both receive the signal at all times, as long as that poses no problems.


I use a Harmony 650 remote most of the time, but I have the OEM remotes available if I need to issue a command that's too obscure for the Harmony.


Thanks in advance!


Kevin

Yes. I have a TV and PJ connected to my X4000.


If I remember correctly, the default setting is if both Monitor 1 & 2 are connected, it will output the same picture and resolution to both displays.


I have a Harmony One remote with different activities for 'Watch TV' and 'Watch PJ'. So when using the PJ the signal is still being output to the TV, but since the TV is off it does not matter.


My PJ screen drops down in front of my TV, so I would never be watching both at the same time. However depending on your setup, you could watch both at the same time. You would the need two remotes or switch your Harmony back and forth between 'Devices'.
M.T.Nest likes this.

Living Room: Denon X4000, XPA-5, Polk RTiA9, CSiA6, RTiA3-wides, FXiA4, OWM3, SVS PC12+, 4 Shakers, Epson 5030, VApex 92”, Sony XBR9 52”, PS3, Xbox 360, Darblet, Harmony 1.
Bedroom: Denon X2000, Polk RTiA3, CSiA4, RTiA1, Yamaha SW315, Sony XBR-55X850B, Sony BPD-S590, Xbox 360, RPi2-RasPlex, Harmony 510.
Home Office: Onkyo 707, Polk LSiM 703, LSiM 704, Monitor 70, Yamaha SW315, Turntable, Triple Monitors, Harmony 610.
garnuts is online now  
post #12244 of 12430 Old 04-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Member
 
M.T.Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
Yes. I have a TV and PJ connected to my X4000.


If I remember correctly, the default setting is if both Monitor 1 & 2 are connected, it will output the same picture and resolution to both displays.


I have a Harmony One remote with different activities for 'Watch TV' and 'Watch PJ'. So when using the PJ the signal is still being output to the TV, but since the TV is off it does not matter.


My PJ screen drops down in front of my TV, so I would never be watching both at the same time. However depending on your setup, you could watch both at the same time. You would the need two remotes or switch your Harmony back and forth between 'Devices'.
Thank you. That's the way I interpreted the manual, but it's always good to get confirmation.

Our projector screen will also drop down in front of our existing plasma display.

If we find we prefer the projector, we'll eventually upgrade to a larger, fixed acoustically transparent screen and move the plasma to a different room. We'll see. The PQ on the 65" plasma is still amazing, but having a larger image will be better for folks at the back of the room. Light control is shouldn't be a problem with flat dark grey and black paint, black curtains, and black carpet.
M.T.Nest is offline  
post #12245 of 12430 Old 04-08-2016, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ddingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mahtomedi,Minnesota
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post
My girlfriend's X4000 has very low output on the right rear speaker of a 5 channel set up. I switched the left and right rear speakers and confirmed the problem is the Denon as speakers both work fine on the left output. I did a firmware update,but that did not resolve the issue. I did a power cycle to no avail as well. I turned off Audyssey and the problem remains. Has anyone resolved a low channel issue like this with a factory reset? That is my next step.
Thanks
I did a factory reset,but there isn't any save feature on the web access for the X4000. It seems to start with the 4100 series. The reset did not seem to fix the lack of right rear sound,so I pulled the unit and brought it to our office for shipping for repair. I did one final check on the right rear output at the office and it worked! I had left the unit unplugged overnight,so I assume that helped. A bit weird though. I was able to reinstall my 18 position Audyssey pro calibration and the system sounds terrific.
ddingle is offline  
post #12246 of 12430 Old 04-08-2016, 09:03 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post
I did a factory reset,but there isn't any save feature on the web access for the X4000. It seems to start with the 4100 series. The reset did not seem to fix the lack of right rear sound,so I pulled the unit and brought it to our office for shipping for repair. I did one final check on the right rear output at the office and it worked! I had left the unit unplugged overnight,so I assume that helped. A bit weird though. I was able to reinstall my 18 position Audyssey pro calibration and the system sounds terrific.
The Web Control SAVE/LOAD features are available on the mid/higher networking models for the past 10 years and are both also included on the X4000 as well. Please refer to p. 132 in your Owner's manual.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12247 of 12430 Old 04-08-2016, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ddingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mahtomedi,Minnesota
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The Web Control SAVE/LOAD features are available on the mid/higher networking models for the past 10 years and are both also included on the X4000 as well. Please refer to p. 132 in your Owner's manual.
In looking at page 132 of the manual it suggests "To memorize settings, click “SAVE” on the Setup Menu screen.
To call up settings, click “LOAD” on the Setup Menu screen."
As far as I could tell there are no "load" or "save" icons on the setup page of the 4000. Do they mean right click? I am getting old and could have missed them however ,but the pictures I saw somewhere showed an image of "load" and "save" icons on a 4100's setup page. No big deal, I am up and operating. I am a bit concerned about the 25 other X4000s we have installed.
ddingle is offline  
post #12248 of 12430 Old 04-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
garnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post
In looking at page 132 of the manual it suggests "To memorize settings, click “SAVE” on the Setup Menu screen.
To call up settings, click “LOAD” on the Setup Menu screen."
As far as I could tell there are no "load" or "save" icons on the setup page of the 4000. Do they mean right click? I am getting old and could have missed them however ,but the pictures I saw somewhere showed an image of "load" and "save" icons on a 4100's setup page. No big deal, I am up and operating. I am a bit concerned about the 25 other X4000s we have installed.

I also didn't see the Save/Load feature available for my X4000. After some searching I found a solution which I saved for future reference. I think it came from this thread:


"Denon AVR Save/Load Audyssey configuration(When it does not show on ip Webpage)

Save/Load should show on ‘Setting’ page underthe ‘General’ tab.

If not, see highlighted below.


3. SAVE/LOAD notworking: Using IE to perform aSAVE of the config.dat file may or may not work, however using another browserwill generally work every time. Enter the following URL into yourdesktop/laptop web browser, replacing the 192.168.0.XXX with you own unit's IPaddress.

SAVE - 192.168.0.XXX/SETUP/OTHERS/SAVE/f_config_save.asp

LOAD - 192.168.0.XXX/SETUP/OTHERS/LOAD/f_config_load.asp


Note: I have never personally been able to get the SAVE/LOAD procedure to workusing IE, however, have always been successful using Google Chrome.

A. Using Internet Explorer
Note that if you are using Internet Explorer 10 (or other browser) and do notimmediately see the SAVE/LOAD setting below the General button (as noted in theimage below), after selecting the Setup Menu from the top menu, per forummembers Ace Deprave/Sean Spamilton, try either selecting the Compatibility View icon (brokensquare) in the URL address bar on your laptop or go to Tools - CompatibilityView Settings and add the AVR's IP address and you should see the SAVE/LOAD ...


IE 11:
  • Load ip webpage (look on network pagefor ip address)
  • Webpage go to ‘Tools’ icon far right oftool bar
  • Compatibility View Settings
  • Add to websites
  • Back on web page go back to ‘Home’menu, then click ‘Settings’ again and now Load/Save should show under the‘General’ tab.



Save/Load procedure:
15 seconds after clicking “Save” the 4520 (or other CI model) will powerdown and display “Saving” on the front panel. The save takes approximately 10minutes, after which a message is returned to the browser window prompting youto save the configuration file to your local disk. Save the file, giving it adescriptive name, e.g. Config_mm-dd-yy.dat. Once the configuration file hasbeen saved, the 4520 will power back on. One last step before you are finished:check to see if the saved configuration file is a “good one”. To do this,download a Hex editor program from the web (HxD is a good one, free at http://hxd.en.softonic.com/).Using the hex editor, open the configuration file. If it is a good save, youwill see hex code in the file. If it is a bad save, the file will be nothingbut zeros. Another alternative is to use Windows NotePad to open the file. InNotePad, a file with all zeros will appear as a blank file, while a good saved configurationwill appear in NotePad to be filled with random characters. Note: leaving the network setting as“Always On” seems to increase the likelihood of a bad save. However, once youhave verified that the network save has been successful, you should return thenetwork setting to "Always On", because unless you do so, any otherdevices connected to the 4520's network hub will lose their network connectionwhen you power off.

Network Load

After clicking “Load”, browse your local hard drive to the saved configurationfile, and then click “Load”. The unit will power down with “Loading” displayedon the front panel. A typical network load takes approximately 6-7 minutes.After the load completed, the unit will power back on, and “Load Completed”will be displayed on the web screen. Note: if you get the web message “Loadunsuccessful”, it’s probably because the network setting is “Always On”.

Edit May 2013: After installing a new Antivirus program (Norton AV 2013), I wasnever prompted to save the configuration file, perhaps because of the browserprotection features of the new AV. After temporarily disabling the AVprotection and re-running the network save, I as prompted to save the file asexpected. If you experience a similar issue, try disabling the AV."

Living Room: Denon X4000, XPA-5, Polk RTiA9, CSiA6, RTiA3-wides, FXiA4, OWM3, SVS PC12+, 4 Shakers, Epson 5030, VApex 92”, Sony XBR9 52”, PS3, Xbox 360, Darblet, Harmony 1.
Bedroom: Denon X2000, Polk RTiA3, CSiA4, RTiA1, Yamaha SW315, Sony XBR-55X850B, Sony BPD-S590, Xbox 360, RPi2-RasPlex, Harmony 510.
Home Office: Onkyo 707, Polk LSiM 703, LSiM 704, Monitor 70, Yamaha SW315, Turntable, Triple Monitors, Harmony 610.
garnuts is online now  
post #12249 of 12430 Old 04-08-2016, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ddingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mahtomedi,Minnesota
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
I also didn't see the Save/Load feature available for my X4000. After some searching I found a solution which I saved for future reference. I think it came from this thread:


"Denon AVR Save/Load Audyssey configuration(When it does not show on ip Webpage)

Save/Load should show on ‘Setting’ page underthe ‘General’ tab.

If not, see highlighted below.


3. SAVE/LOAD notworking: Using IE to perform aSAVE of the config.dat file may or may not work, however using another browserwill generally work every time. Enter the following URL into yourdesktop/laptop web browser, replacing the 192.168.0.XXX with you own unit's IPaddress.

SAVE - 192.168.0.XXX/SETUP/OTHERS/SAVE/f_config_save.asp

LOAD - 192.168.0.XXX/SETUP/OTHERS/LOAD/f_config_load.asp


Note: I have never personally been able to get the SAVE/LOAD procedure to workusing IE, however, have always been successful using Google Chrome.

A. Using Internet Explorer
Note that if you are using Internet Explorer 10 (or other browser) and do notimmediately see the SAVE/LOAD setting below the General button (as noted in theimage below), after selecting the Setup Menu from the top menu, per forummembers Ace Deprave/Sean Spamilton, try either selecting the Compatibility View icon (brokensquare) in the URL address bar on your laptop or go to Tools - CompatibilityView Settings and add the AVR's IP address and you should see the SAVE/LOAD ...


IE 11:
  • Load ip webpage (look on network pagefor ip address)
  • Webpage go to ‘Tools’ icon far right oftool bar
  • Compatibility View Settings
  • Add to websites
  • Back on web page go back to ‘Home’menu, then click ‘Settings’ again and now Load/Save should show under the‘General’ tab.



Save/Load procedure:
15 seconds after clicking “Save” the 4520 (or other CI model) will powerdown and display “Saving” on the front panel. The save takes approximately 10minutes, after which a message is returned to the browser window prompting youto save the configuration file to your local disk. Save the file, giving it adescriptive name, e.g. Config_mm-dd-yy.dat. Once the configuration file hasbeen saved, the 4520 will power back on. One last step before you are finished:check to see if the saved configuration file is a “good one”. To do this,download a Hex editor program from the web (HxD is a good one, free at http://hxd.en.softonic.com/).Using the hex editor, open the configuration file. If it is a good save, youwill see hex code in the file. If it is a bad save, the file will be nothingbut zeros. Another alternative is to use Windows NotePad to open the file. InNotePad, a file with all zeros will appear as a blank file, while a good saved configurationwill appear in NotePad to be filled with random characters. Note: leaving the network setting as“Always On” seems to increase the likelihood of a bad save. However, once youhave verified that the network save has been successful, you should return thenetwork setting to "Always On", because unless you do so, any otherdevices connected to the 4520's network hub will lose their network connectionwhen you power off.

Network Load

After clicking “Load”, browse your local hard drive to the saved configurationfile, and then click “Load”. The unit will power down with “Loading” displayedon the front panel. A typical network load takes approximately 6-7 minutes.After the load completed, the unit will power back on, and “Load Completed”will be displayed on the web screen. Note: if you get the web message “Loadunsuccessful”, it’s probably because the network setting is “Always On”.

Edit May 2013: After installing a new Antivirus program (Norton AV 2013), I wasnever prompted to save the configuration file, perhaps because of the browserprotection features of the new AV. After temporarily disabling the AVprotection and re-running the network save, I as prompted to save the file asexpected. If you experience a similar issue, try disabling the AV."
Thanks for the addtional information! Seems a bit convoluted . Does this save the Audyssey file as well as the configuration settings? I am guessing no and than you would still have to load (if saved on pro version) or re-do the Audyssey after re-loading the configuration file. Thanks
ddingle is offline  
post #12250 of 12430 Old 04-08-2016, 11:24 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post
In looking at page 132 of the manual it suggests "To memorize settings, click “SAVE” on the Setup Menu screen.
To call up settings, click “LOAD” on the Setup Menu screen."
As far as I could tell there are no "load" or "save" icons on the setup page of the 4000. Do they mean right click? I am getting old and could have missed them however ,but the pictures I saw somewhere showed an image of "load" and "save" icons on a 4100's setup page. No big deal, I am up and operating. I am a bit concerned about the 25 other X4000s we have installed.
I list out the procedure for the SAVE/LOAD in post 4 of this thread.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12251 of 12430 Old 04-09-2016, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,349
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Denon X4000 HDMi issue.

Hey guys any solution what to do if HDMi on AVR stopped working. All works fine just Blue-Ray one for Oppo stopped working. If I plug Oppo to any other works just fine. I even try to unplug AVR power cord for 5 minutes and plug it back in and still same problem.

Thanks

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's (soon for sale (maybe) :-)
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200 , Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #12252 of 12430 Old 04-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Member
 
Signal to Noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C A N A D A
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Watching Star Wars The Force Awakens (still watching right now) Blu Ray in DTS-HD on X4000. The receiver is approx 2-2.5 years old. I have had virtually zero problems with it. But during Star Wars the receiver shut down on three occasions all during one scene early in the movie. I can't be specific with chapter or times because we are still watching but it was during the chase with the Millenium Falcon on Tatooine near the beginning. The X4000 shut down and the power light was flashing red. A power on twice would turn the receiver back on. But it did it two more times all around the same scene. After the third, and past the scene, the Denon has been fine. I checked for overheating but the receiver just feels warm as usual. Is it possible there's an audio signal in 7.1 mode (my physical speaker set up is 5.1) that can cause the receiver to shut off?

I will later check speaker connections (I use banana plugs) and check for dust but am curious if it's actually the Blu Ray and/or audio signal.

Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA.

Audio + Video = Bliss
Signal to Noise is offline  
post #12253 of 12430 Old 04-09-2016, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vader424242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 62
^^ I have watched TFA twice so far with no issues (mine is a 7.1 setup). I do seem to recall something about an issue with Denons "downmixing" (for lack of a better term) a 7.1 signal to a 5.1 configuration. I wonder if you have tripped on a clue as to what is happening with these units? Is it possible that there is something wrong with the amp configuration logic? Yet another question...

Peace... Vader
 

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

 

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Vader424242 is offline  
post #12254 of 12430 Old 04-09-2016, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ddingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mahtomedi,Minnesota
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
Watching Star Wars The Force Awakens (still watching right now) Blu Ray in DTS-HD on X4000. The receiver is approx 2-2.5 years old. I have had virtually zero problems with it. But during Star Wars the receiver shut down on three occasions all during one scene early in the movie. I can't be specific with chapter or times because we are still watching but it was during the chase with the Millenium Falcon on Tatooine near the beginning. The X4000 shut down and the power light was flashing red. A power on twice would turn the receiver back on. But it did it two more times all around the same scene. After the third, and past the scene, the Denon has been fine. I checked for overheating but the receiver just feels warm as usual. Is it possible there's an audio signal in 7.1 mode (my physical speaker set up is 5.1) that can cause the receiver to shut off?

I will later check speaker connections (I use banana plugs) and check for dust but am curious if it's actually the Blu Ray and/or audio signal.

Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA.
Not sure that this is exactly your problem,but shortly after they became available we had to send several x4000s for repair with the same symptoms as you describe. Seems like they had a bad batch as they have been stable since the initial rash of problems we had. 2 years ago is about the time we noted this issue. Usually it would display a warning of a short circuit and/or a blinking power light. Resetting would bring it back,but in all of these units it continued to be a problem and we ended up sending in for repair. We had trouble getting repair shops to recreate the problem,but I would think they would be aware by now. Hope this helps!
carlbarry likes this.
ddingle is offline  
post #12255 of 12430 Old 04-10-2016, 02:24 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Denon X4000 HDMi issue.

Hey guys any solution what to do if HDMi on AVR stopped working. All works fine just Blue-Ray one for Oppo stopped working. If I plug Oppo to any other works just fine. I even try to unplug AVR power cord for 5 minutes and plug it back in and still same problem.

Thanks
You could try doing a microprocessor reset as described in post 5 of this thread, otherwise, other than warranty repair, just use another HDMI input.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12256 of 12430 Old 04-10-2016, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,349
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
You could try doing a microprocessor reset as described in post 5 of this thread, otherwise, other than warranty repair, just use another HDMI input.
Thanks going to give it a try.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's (soon for sale (maybe) :-)
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200 , Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #12257 of 12430 Old 04-10-2016, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
Watching Star Wars The Force Awakens (still watching right now) Blu Ray in DTS-HD on X4000. The receiver is approx 2-2.5 years old. I have had virtually zero problems with it. But during Star Wars the receiver shut down on three occasions all during one scene early in the movie. I can't be specific with chapter or times because we are still watching but it was during the chase with the Millenium Falcon on Tatooine near the beginning. The X4000 shut down and the power light was flashing red. A power on twice would turn the receiver back on. But it did it two more times all around the same scene. After the third, and past the scene, the Denon has been fine. I checked for overheating but the receiver just feels warm as usual. Is it possible there's an audio signal in 7.1 mode (my physical speaker set up is 5.1) that can cause the receiver to shut off?

I will later check speaker connections (I use banana plugs) and check for dust but am curious if it's actually the Blu Ray and/or audio signal.

Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA.
I have 5.1 setup and speakers connected with banana plugs. I had no problem with the Star Wars BluRay. I did have the flashing-red power light before and sent the unit in over a year ago to Panurgy for service. They said they couldn't duplicate the problem, which happened once more after the x4000 came back and not again since then. I am certain that your flashing-red issue is completely unrelated to the Star Wars BD--that was just a coincidence.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
pbarach is offline  
post #12258 of 12430 Old 04-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Member
 
Signal to Noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C A N A D A
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the replies to the Star Wars TFA issue. I think I can attribute the X4000 going into Protection Mode specifically to the disc. We were able to watch the rest of the movie without problem. We then watched another bluray at regular movie-listening volume (30dB) without the receiver shutting off. Afterwards I put the Star Wars disc back in and went to the scene that had the receiver shut down. It is Chapter 18 "The Falcon Flies Again", between the 30-36 minute mark. Sure enough, this time at 33 minutes the receiver shut off with volume @ 30dB. I then rewound the scene and set volume @ 50 dB, receiver shut off @ 34 minute mark.
Today we watched the bonus Blu-ray Disc with no issue.
My next course of action is to obtain another copy of the Star Wars bluray and see if it plays through at that chapter scene.
So maybe this is a Star Wars bluray related thread rather than a Denon X4000

[update] I put TFA back in just a minute or so ago and went to Ch18. Volume 45dB. Receiver shut off @ 33:50.

Not sure but may be of note is I am using a PS3 as my bluray player. I will also try Xbox One & PS4 to see if it's a signal problem between transport & amp.

Audio + Video = Bliss

Last edited by Signal to Noise; 04-10-2016 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Update
Signal to Noise is offline  
post #12259 of 12430 Old 04-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Member
 
Signal to Noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C A N A D A
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
I have 5.1 setup and speakers connected with banana plugs. I had no problem with the Star Wars BluRay. I did have the flashing-red power light before and sent the unit in over a year ago to Panurgy for service. They said they couldn't duplicate the problem, which happened once more after the x4000 came back and not again since then. I am certain that your flashing-red issue is completely unrelated to the Star Wars BD--that was just a coincidence.
In my previous post I blamed the BD. But now I concur that it is not the BD but perhaps a signal problem between the PS3 & Denon. I tried the BD in my Xbox One (HDMI Bitstream Out, DTS Surround) and PS4 (Linear PCM, Multi Ch In) and both played the scene fine with no receiver shut down. PS3 audio is set to HDMI/Automatic. Is it time to retire my PS3 from Blueray playback service? I don't like it when the X4000 does not display the actual audio format (i.e. DTS-HD MSTR) like it does from the PS3.

Audio + Video = Bliss
Signal to Noise is offline  
post #12260 of 12430 Old 04-11-2016, 03:19 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
Thanks for the replies to the Star Wars TFA issue. I think I can attribute the X4000 going into Protection Mode specifically to the disc. We were able to watch the rest of the movie without problem. We then watched another bluray at regular movie-listening volume (30dB) without the receiver shutting off. Afterwards I put the Star Wars disc back in and went to the scene that had the receiver shut down. It is Chapter 18 "The Falcon Flies Again", between the 30-36 minute mark. Sure enough, this time at 33 minutes the receiver shut off with volume @ 30dB. I then rewound the scene and set volume @ 50 dB, receiver shut off @ 34 minute mark.
Today we watched the bonus Blu-ray Disc with no issue.
My next course of action is to obtain another copy of the Star Wars bluray and see if it plays through at that chapter scene.
So maybe this is a Star Wars bluray related thread rather than a Denon X4000

[update] I put TFA back in just a minute or so ago and went to Ch18. Volume 45dB. Receiver shut off @ 33:50.

Not sure but may be of note is I am using a PS3 as my bluray player. I will also try Xbox One & PS4 to see if it's a signal problem between transport & amp.
Note that when using the Reference volume scale, the values are actually negative numbers from Reference volume of 0db: -30db and -50db


Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
In my previous post I blamed the BD. But now I concur that it is not the BD but perhaps a signal problem between the PS3 & Denon. I tried the BD in my Xbox One (HDMI Bitstream Out, DTS Surround) and PS4 (Linear PCM, Multi Ch In) and both played the scene fine with no receiver shut down. PS3 audio is set to HDMI/Automatic. Is it time to retire my PS3 from Blueray playback service? I don't like it when the X4000 does not display the actual audio format (i.e. DTS-HD MSTR) like it does from the PS3.
If the video source passes the audio through without decoding it to PCM (ie. "bitstream" with Secondary Audio - OFF), then you'll see DD or DTS on the AVR's front panel; however, if you have the video source set to "PCM", then it will do the decoding and the AVR will display "Multi CH IN."

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12261 of 12430 Old 04-11-2016, 07:18 AM
Member
 
Signal to Noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C A N A D A
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Note that when using the Reference volume scale, the values are actually negative numbers from Reference volume of 0db: -30db and -50db

Oops! Good point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If the video source passes the audio through without decoding it to PCM (ie. "bitstream" with Secondary Audio - OFF), then you'll see DD or DTS on the AVR's front panel; however, if you have the video source set to "PCM", then it will do the decoding and the AVR will display "Multi CH IN."

Yes, I discovered this as I was playing around with settings whilst troubleshooting this shutdown issue. A good reminder nonetheless. Thanks!


After trying the other transports without any problem I put the BD back into the PS3 and played the same chapter and this time it played without any shutdown! I think the volume was set to -45 dB. So I'm stumped. maybe it was just some random coincidental occurrence.
Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again until there's an absolutely must-have new AVR that comes along.
valkenaar likes this.

Audio + Video = Bliss
Signal to Noise is offline  
post #12262 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Member
 
jim1234miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
X3000 Firmware version check

Hi Everyone,

I have an X3000 and I am a little lost on the firmware version number, when I access it through the web interface it reports as: Version 4800-8776-1642

Which does not line up with anything I can find in this thread. I have also tried to find the latest version online but have come up empty, the x4000 seems to be the only one on the support site. Can anyone shed any light on either my version number or where to find the latest x3000 firmware?

Thanks in advance.
jim1234miller is offline  
post #12263 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 12:03 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1234miller View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have an X3000 and I am a little lost on the firmware version number, when I access it through the web interface it reports as: Version 4800-8776-1642

Which does not line up with anything I can find in this thread. I have also tried to find the latest version online but have come up empty, the x4000 seems to be the only one on the support site. Can anyone shed any light on either my version number or where to find the latest x3000 firmware?

Thanks in advance.
If when you select "Check for update" on the AVR, it displays "Latest version" then the unit has the most up to date version.

Refer to post 6 on page 1 of this thread for firmware change log information.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12264 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
ghost974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
X3000 airplay

Hi there, I'm trying to listen to Airplay music from iphone on my Denon X3000 but continue to watch video from another source, is it possible on the X3000 ? (or any higher/newer model ?) I'm not using ZONE2.
ghost974 is offline  
post #12265 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Member
 
jim1234miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If when you select "Check for update" on the AVR, it displays "Latest version" then the unit has the most up to date version.

Refer to post 6 on page 1 of this thread for firmware change log information.
Thanks for the tip but when I try that it nothing happens. either through the onscreen gui or webinterface. I have tried the reset steps as well. So now I am trying to figure which version I am on, to see if I even want to mess with this further.
jim1234miller is offline  
post #12266 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 01:01 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1234miller View Post
Thanks for the tip but when I try that it nothing happens. either through the onscreen gui or webinterface. I have tried the reset steps as well. So now I am trying to figure which version I am on, to see if I even want to mess with this further.
Did you do a "network reset" as described in post 5 of this thread or just a regular "microprocessor reset"? Also try rebooting your router.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12267 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 01:04 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost974 View Post
Hi there, I'm trying to listen to Airplay music from iphone on my Denon X3000 but continue to watch video from another source, is it possible on the X3000 ? (or any higher/newer model ?) I'm not using ZONE2.
Although possible on newer models to watch an HDMI video source while listening to a networking source, on the X3000, you would have to either (1) connect the HDMI video source directly to the TV with optical from the source to the AVR, or (2) also connect a component video cable from the video source to the AVR using the same source name as the HDMI input is using and then while listening to the Airplay music, use the Option - Video Select feature to select the component video source.
ferl likes this.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12268 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Member
 
jim1234miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Did you do a "network reset" as described in post 5 of this thread or just a regular "microprocessor reset"? Also try rebooting your router.
I did both resets, and on the router front this is behind an enterprise router so the reset option there isnt really possible. I am just looking to see what firmware version I am on so I can compare to the firmware change logs. If it matters this is integrated into my Crestron system, so I did enable that option.

What does Version 4800-8776-1642 correspond to?
jim1234miller is offline  
post #12269 of 12430 Old 04-12-2016, 03:06 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,684
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9396 Post(s)
Liked: 4345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1234miller View Post
I did both resets, and on the router front this is behind an enterprise router so the reset option there isnt really possible. I am just looking to see what firmware version I am on so I can compare to the firmware change logs. If it matters this is integrated into my Crestron system, so I did enable that option.

What does Version 4800-8776-1642 correspond to?
As I don't track version numbers ... no clue.

Perhaps another X3000 owner can chime in and indicate what the firmware version is on their unit?

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #12270 of 12430 Old 04-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Member
 
cyberbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Smile Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFateDenon View Post
i also had problems with my avr-x4000 and network issues, ping still worked, but was unable to use internet radio and other network related things
i had also a static ip, but then changed to dynamic with a mac reservation on my router, problems were gone and i still have a fixed ip... not sure why static ip was unstable
Ok, long overdue response, but this was the fix. I think we really need it in the Sticky! See my original post (#12020) for full description of my problem. As NoFateDenon and a couple of others have suggested, setting a static IP within the Denon receiver was the issue that was causing the instability. Once I flipped it back to Dynamic IP and set the IP reservation in my Router, the problem never came back. I was super skeptical at first, but it has been rock solid for over 2 months now. Sa-weet! Thanks NoFateDenon and the others that mentioned this fix!! jdsmoothie, please consider adding this to the first post(s) regarding AirPlay/network issues. Friggin W00t!
Gerhard_Bader likes this.
cyberbrad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off