The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 416 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 358Likes

post #12451 of 12470 Old 08-16-2016, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I accidentally pressed a wrong on the Denon X4000 and now when I power on the AVR it stays on Blu-ray mode all the time. How do I change it back so the AVR can automatically detect whichever HDMI signal I have turned on, ie if I turn the Blu-ray player on, the AVR kicks in. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12452 of 12470 Old 08-17-2016, 02:33 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9868 Post(s)
Liked: 4588
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheecheung View Post
Hi, I accidentally pressed a wrong on the Denon X4000 and now when I power on the AVR it stays on Blu-ray mode all the time. How do I change it back so the AVR can automatically detect whichever HDMI signal I have turned on, ie if I turn the Blu-ray player on, the AVR kicks in. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Unless you are using HDMI(ARC), the AVR will power on to the last source used. You can bypass by instead of pressing the power on button, simply press the source device you want to use which will not only power on the AVR but also select that source as well.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #12453 of 12470 Old 08-21-2016, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry to be a bit late on this subject.
I very recently installed a brand new X4000 out its box that was waiting in it since 2 years ....
But if everything else seems to work nicely, I have a problem with the projector connection :
I have a 65" UHD Sony TV on monitor 1 out (not using ARC) with a short hdmi cable, and my 1080p JVC RS56 projector on monitor 2 using 25' hdmi 2.0 certified cable, and playing BR on my Panasonic BDT-500.

With the TV everything is fine, but with the projector after a few minutes ( maybe 5 to 10 minutes) I start having periodic image connection losses, that's what the projector indicates, during about 5 to 10 seconds and then it reconnects and projection resumes, in the meanwhile no audio losses though.

I have read the 1st pages of this thread but did not find any remedy, and the french Denon service has been of no help either plus the unit being out of warranty they do not bother

Any idea of what happens ? Faulty unit ?
Maybe some bad settings in the chain ?

Another hint, when both TV and projector are on, the problem does not happen, or at least after watching more that 1/2 hour before giving up I did not notice it.

Also if I plug the projector direct into the BDT-500 it works nicely too.

Thanks
post #12454 of 12470 Old 08-21-2016, 06:19 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Sorry to be a bit late on this subject.
I very recently installed a brand new X4000 out its box that was waiting in it since 2 years ....
But if everything else seems to work nicely, I have a problem with the projector connection :
I have a 65" UHD Sony TV on monitor 1 out (not using ARC) with a short hdmi cable, and my 1080p JVC RS56 projector on monitor 2 using 25' hdmi 2.0 certified cable, and playing BR on my Panasonic BDT-500.

With the TV everything is fine, but with the projector after a few minutes ( maybe 5 to 10 minutes) I start having periodic image connection losses, that's what the projector indicates, during about 5 to 10 seconds and then it reconnects and projection resumes, in the meanwhile no audio losses though.

I have read the 1st pages of this thread but did not find any remedy, and the french Denon service has been of no help either plus the unit being out of warranty they do not bother

Any idea of what happens ? Faulty unit ?
Maybe some bad settings in the chain ?

Another hint, when both TV and projector are on, the problem does not happen, or at least after watching more that 1/2 hour before giving up I did not notice it.

Also if I plug the projector direct into the BDT-500 it works nicely too.

Thanks

If you have the Video Output set at the default of "Auto", try using "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" depending on the source you want to pass to each. Also, if not already doing so, ensure the cable being used with the TV is the same type cable being used with the PJ.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #12455 of 12470 Old 08-21-2016, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 159
The Mysteries of HDMI

My x4000 has been out of the box for two days after its trip to United Radio (needed a new headphone connector), working fine, no problems loading the config file I saved before I sent it to the Denon hospital.

When I turned on the unit to watch cable tv this morning, there was no audio. Other HDMI inputs worked fine, and the cable box produced sound when I switched it temporarily to another HDMI input on the AVR. After it was plugged back into its usual input, it worked fine again...

I probably could have burned some incense and gotten the problem solved...

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #12456 of 12470 Old 08-21-2016, 09:32 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
The Mysteries of HDMI

My x4000 has been out of the box for two days after its trip to United Radio (needed a new headphone connector), working fine, no problems loading the config file I saved before I sent it to the Denon hospital.

When I turned on the unit to watch cable tv this morning, there was no audio. Other HDMI inputs worked fine, and the cable box produced sound when I switched it temporarily to another HDMI input on the AVR. After it was plugged back into its usual input, it worked fine again...

I probably could have burned some incense and gotten the problem solved...
Just an HDMI handshake issue. When I use my CenturyLink DVR, I normally have to press the 7 sec rewind button to get audio to start.

------------

post #12457 of 12470 Old 08-21-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If you have the Video Output set at the default of "Auto", try using "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" depending on the source you want to pass to each. Also, if not already doing so, ensure the cable being used with the TV is the same type cable being used with the PJ.
Hi JD
you nailed it, eventually it looks like I never tried this before !

My hdmi cables are both the same type, only different length.
I switched the AVR's Video Output to "Monitor2" where the PJ is connected then watched a full movie and it did not loose connexion, even with the audio going thru the same hdmi to the AVR, no drop outs.
Before I had to use the optical digital connexion to the AVR to avoid audio drops at the same time.

In "Auto" mode when only the TV is ON alone it's OK, as well as when both TV and PJ are ON together.
Isn't that quite strange that when only the PJ is ON I have to switch Video Output to "Monitor2" ?

As I write this I realize that I did not test with Video Output switched to "Monitor1" ( and the PJ plugged into monitor1 too of course )?
I have to test this too some times ...

Thanks again, as I have two other input devices I can now use my AVR as the hdmi switch, and do not have to replug my PJ's cable everytime.

Last edited by jj-34; 08-21-2016 at 09:42 AM.
post #12458 of 12470 Old 08-23-2016, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Pandora on X4000 still messed up? Seems like denon wont fix it no more

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #12459 of 12470 Old 08-23-2016, 10:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by parekoy View Post
Pandora on X4000 still messed up? Seems like denon wont fix it no more

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
It's being fixed but just not yet. See this reply:

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

Seggers
parekoy likes this.

Vizio M80-C3, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, PC DX12 sub, the internet, an ASUS ChromeBox running Kodi, a TiVo Series 3 and a Sony BDPS6200. There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #12460 of 12470 Old 08-24-2016, 01:59 AM

I hope they will add a few "by the way" hdmi output fixes too ......
post #12461 of 12470 Old 08-24-2016, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question

Hi guys. I have a avr-x4000.
1) it is a very hot. How much space on top I should leave? 10cm?
2) How to stream TIDAL to it? x400 connected to PC now via HDMI. Sure I can just install Tidal app on PC, but there is no remote app for iOS. Another way - stream Tidal from iPad via AirPlay.
3) What do you think about AirPlay (from iPhone/iPad) sound quality? I hear that it is not so good as via DLNA/HDMI, maybe I am wrong with it.
4) DLNA and HDMI has a same quality?
5) I have a B&W CM9 (front) and B&W ASW-300 (subwoofer). I think that sub is lower class then CM9. Should I set Front as "Small" or not?
6) Can x400 automatically detect audio signal type (DTS, Dolby digital, Stereo, etc) or I should set it manually every time?

Thanks.
post #12462 of 12470 Old 08-24-2016, 07:37 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstyle View Post
Hi guys. I have a avr-x4000.
1) it is a very hot. How much space on top I should leave? 10cm?
2) How to stream TIDAL to it? x400 connected to PC now via HDMI. Sure I can just install Tidal app on PC, but there is no remote app for iOS. Another way - stream Tidal from iPad via AirPlay.
3) What do you think about AirPlay (from iPhone/iPad) sound quality? I hear that it is not so good as via DLNA/HDMI, maybe I am wrong with it.
4) DLNA and HDMI has a same quality?
5) I have a B&W CM9 (front) and B&W ASW-300 (subwoofer). I think that sub is lower class then CM9. Should I set Front as "Small" or not?
6) Can x400 automatically detect audio signal type (DTS, Dolby digital, Stereo, etc) or I should set it manually every time?

Thanks.
1. Shouldn't be that hot, however, allow at least 3-4 inches on top and sides with open front and back. Also consider adding one or two PC fans to exhaust the heat if really that hot.
2. Airplay or you can add a Denon HEOS Link and stream TIDAL using the Denon HEOS app.
5. SMALL/80Hz
6. First time yes, then the AVR remembers for future sessions.

------------

post #12463 of 12470 Old 08-24-2016, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
1. Shouldn't be that hot, however, allow at least 3-4 inches on top and sides with open front and back. Also consider adding one or two PC fans to exhaust the heat if really that hot.
2. Airplay or you can add a Denon HEOS Link and stream TIDAL using the Denon HEOS app.
5. SMALL/80Hz
6. First time yes, then the AVR remembers for future sessions.
Thanks.
2. No other ways? HEOS Link not cheap (
6. But I will watch different movies with different audio codecs. My old Yamaha (100$ cost) can detect automatically after signal changed.
post #12464 of 12470 Old 08-25-2016, 02:46 PM

Some news about my video connection losses with my PJ :

I have installed a powered hdmi switch between the Monitor2 hdmi output of the Denon X4000 and the long cable to the PJ, switched the amp's video out back to Auto ..... and it works !

We have watched 3 films since, two BR and one from the adsl box and had no connection loss, let's cross our fingers .....

Only drawback I noticed is that now the Denon's menu always goes to the PJ even if the TV is playing alone and PJ powered off, but the hdmi switch is on all the time of course.
In Video Out Auto mode, should the menu not been displayed on both ?

Last edited by jj-34; 08-25-2016 at 02:51 PM.
post #12465 of 12470 Old 08-25-2016, 06:31 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Some news about my video connection losses with my PJ :

I have installed a powered hdmi switch between the Monitor2 hdmi output of the Denon X4000 and the long cable to the PJ, switched the amp's video out back to Auto ..... and it works !

We have watched 3 films since, two BR and one from the adsl box and had no connection loss, let's cross our fingers .....

Only drawback I noticed is that now the Denon's menu always goes to the PJ even if the TV is playing alone and PJ powered off, but the hdmi switch is on all the time of course.
In Video Out Auto mode, should the menu not been displayed on both ?
Yup. Try doing a soft reset by powering off the AVR, TV, and PJ and unplugging the power cables for 10 minutes.

------------

post #12466 of 12470 Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hope I'm in the right thread. I have a AVR 2310 but not sure what series. Checked the manual but don't see anything on "series".

Mine is about 5 years old. Haven't changed much in the last years:
- PS4 connected at 1080p. Connected through HDMI.
- Windows 10 PC connected. Not sure about resolution but about 2000x1000 I guess. Quite high. Also connected through HDMI.
- B&W surround speakers in 5.1 setting
- TV was a full HD 47 inch Samsung. Connected through HDMI.

Working for years. Very happy.

But I got a new TV last week. 65 inch Ultra HD.

Connected it to the receiver and started the PS4. Worked; no issue.

Switched to PC; no image

Please note nothing else changed; all cables, connections, resolutions as before.

After a lot of fiddling got my PC booted on low resolution (800x600) and that worked. Now I have image again on the new TV. But whatever resolution I change to; image disappears and I get the Denon splash screen. Whatever I try the receiver won't give any image except on the lowest resolution.

I checked the manual under "video settings". Tried a few things but don't really understand

Also googled and emailed Denon support (simply referred back to the manual ) but can't seem to solve it.

Now I know my receiver is not 4K ready but that's fine. I just want my old resolution for the PC back (full HD).

I am considering a new receiver but I just spent my cash on a big TV. Not in the mood to fork out another 1K on a new receiver

Any ideas what is going on here???
post #12467 of 12470 Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointy1971 View Post
Hope I'm in the right thread. I have a AVR 2310 but not sure what series. Checked the manual but don't see anything on "series".

Mine is about 5 years old. Haven't changed much in the last years:
- PS4 connected at 1080p. Connected through HDMI.
- Windows 10 PC connected. Not sure about resolution but about 2000x1000 I guess. Quite high. Also connected through HDMI.
- B&W surround speakers in 5.1 setting
- TV was a full HD 47 inch Samsung. Connected through HDMI.

Working for years. Very happy.

But I got a new TV last week. 65 inch Ultra HD.

Connected it to the receiver and started the PS4. Worked; no issue.

Switched to PC; no image

Please note nothing else changed; all cables, connections, resolutions as before.

After a lot of fiddling got my PC booted on low resolution (800x600) and that worked. Now I have image again on the new TV. But whatever resolution I change to; image disappears and I get the Denon splash screen. Whatever I try the receiver won't give any image except on the lowest resolution.

I checked the manual under "video settings". Tried a few things but don't really understand

Also googled and emailed Denon support (simply referred back to the manual ) but can't seem to solve it.

Now I know my receiver is not 4K ready but that's fine. I just want my old resolution for the PC back (full HD).

I am considering a new receiver but I just spent my cash on a big TV. Not in the mood to fork out another 1K on a new receiver

Any ideas what is going on here???
If I had to guess the PC is seeing the UHD display capabilities during the HDMI handshake and trying to send a 4k UHD signal to it. Try to fix the PC output at 1080p and see what happens.
post #12468 of 12470 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
585-645-1006

In order to pass a 4k/18Ghz signal you're going to have to upgrade to the newer "Premium" HDMI cables anyway, so upgrade now.

http://www.monoprice.com/search/inde...igLink-2470763

Also, the 2310 is actually a 2009 model and has it's own thread linked below ...

*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 2310CI / 890 Owner's Thread

------------

post #12469 of 12470 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can't quote as I'm a new user. But on the replies I got:

Sorry about that; I'll move to the other thread.

On the cable; you might be right but since my AV is not 4K ready anyway I just want the PC to display normal HD. Not full HD.

On the TV handshake:

On the right track; my PC does "recommend" a 4K resolution. The highest resolution on the PC has recommended in brackets behind it. So yes, the PC might prefer the 4K resolution but that does not work (cable and AV will not be able to handle anyway).

But why can't I choose a lower resolution???
post #12470 of 12470 Old Today, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Yup. Try doing a soft reset by powering off the AVR, TV, and PJ and unplugging the power cables for 10 minutes.

Silly me ......

Of course when watching the TV via its terrestrial antenna, the Denon cannot send it's menu to the TV as it is only connected via the optical cable.
I still have not succeeded to get the audio to the AVR via the HDMI/ARC outlet, I believe there's something incorrect in the TV set itself probably (it's a Sony UHD 65x8509),
it seems to recognize only any Bravia compatible set, and looks like the X4000 is not ?

I have done the soft reset and now the X4000 menu is correctly sent to both TV (as a monitor only ) and the PJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread