Anyone have ARC working with a newer LG UHD TV?
I just bought an LG UH7700 (55in) and am trying to get ARC working on my X2000 but it is a complete mess. Here's what I did...
1. Brand new 2.0 cable plugged into the the Monitor Out/ARC on the X2000
2. Plug other end into HDMI2 on the LG TV, which is the ARC HDMI port.
3. Turned on HDMI Control on the X2000
4. Set the Audio out on the LG to Optical/HDMI ARC and within that, turned Simplink ON and set Digital Sount out to AUTO
5. Unplug both the TV and the X2000 and plug in the X200 first, let it boot and then the TV.
After doing this, the X2000 gets a mind of it's own. I say goto the input with my TIVO Roamio and it does for a second but then jumps to the input with my Roku 3.
I do it again and it may end up on the input for my media player.
After doing this quite a few times, it will finally STAY on the Tivo input.
However, when I pull up a video app on the LG TV, the audio does nothing. The sound stays on the current input and ARC doesn't do anything.
I had this receiver working fine with ARC on a 2013 Samsung HDTV, but moved it to another room a year or so ago.
I need ideas.
I got it but now it seems to always return to the media player input instead of the last input it was on.
I had totally forgotten that I HID the TV Audio Input way back when(since my old TV didn't have ARC). I thought this would just hide the input but it actually completely DISABLES it. Once I turned this back on, everything worked.
I feel a bit stupid on this one but I really didn't think it completely disabled the input when hiding it from the list.
Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-16-2017 at 04:16 PM.