The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 424 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes

Old 03-16-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Anyone have ARC working with a newer LG UHD TV?

I just bought an LG UH7700 (55in) and am trying to get ARC working on my X2000 but it is a complete mess. Here's what I did...

1. Brand new 2.0 cable plugged into the the Monitor Out/ARC on the X2000
2. Plug other end into HDMI2 on the LG TV, which is the ARC HDMI port.
3. Turned on HDMI Control on the X2000
4. Set the Audio out on the LG to Optical/HDMI ARC and within that, turned Simplink ON and set Digital Sount out to AUTO
5. Unplug both the TV and the X2000 and plug in the X200 first, let it boot and then the TV.

After doing this, the X2000 gets a mind of it's own. I say goto the input with my TIVO Roamio and it does for a second but then jumps to the input with my Roku 3.

I do it again and it may end up on the input for my media player.

After doing this quite a few times, it will finally STAY on the Tivo input.

However, when I pull up a video app on the LG TV, the audio does nothing. The sound stays on the current input and ARC doesn't do anything.

I had this receiver working fine with ARC on a 2013 Samsung HDTV, but moved it to another room a year or so ago.

I need ideas.

***EDIT***
I got it but now it seems to always return to the media player input instead of the last input it was on.

I had totally forgotten that I HID the TV Audio Input way back when(since my old TV didn't have ARC). I thought this would just hide the input but it actually completely DISABLES it. Once I turned this back on, everything worked.

I feel a bit stupid on this one but I really didn't think it completely disabled the input when hiding it from the list.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-16-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 01:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 283 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12644 Post(s)
Liked: 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Anyone have ARC working with a newer LG UHD TV?

I just bought an LG UH7700 (55in) and am trying to get ARC working on my X2000 but it is a complete mess. Here's what I did...

1. Brand new 2.0 cable plugged into the the Monitor Out/ARC on the X2000
2. Plug other end into HDMI2 on the LG TV, which is the ARC HDMI port.
3. Turned on HDMI Control on the X2000
4. Set the Audio out on the LG to Optical/HDMI ARC and within that, turned Simplink ON and set Digital Sount out to AUTO
5. Unplug both the TV and the X2000 and plug in the X200 first, let it boot and then the TV.

After doing this, the X2000 gets a mind of it's own. I say goto the input with my TIVO Roamio and it does for a second but then jumps to the input with my Roku 3.

I do it again and it may end up on the input for my media player.

After doing this quite a few times, it will finally STAY on the Tivo input.

However, when I pull up a video app on the LG TV, the audio does nothing. The sound stays on the current input and ARC doesn't do anything.

I had this receiver working fine with ARC on a 2013 Samsung HDTV, but moved it to another room a year or so ago.

I need ideas.

***EDIT***
I got it but now it seems to always return to the media player input instead of the last input it was on.

I had totally forgotten that I HID the TV Audio Input way back when(since my old TV didn't have ARC). I thought this would just hide the input but it actually completely DISABLES it. Once I turned this back on, everything worked.

I feel a bit stupid on this one but I really didn't think it completely disabled the input when hiding it from the list.

Thank you for posting this. You're not the first to have forgotten about hiding the "TV Audio" input nor will certainly not be the last.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Thank you for posting this. You're not the first to have forgotten about hiding the "TV Audio" input nor will certainly not be the last.

I'm giving up on ARC with this setup anyway. Its just to flakey with the inputs with ARC turned on. My Roku and Popcorn Hr A210 love to steal the input from my Tivo after using a TV app and also when turning on the TV/receiver. I just can't figure out how to stop it.

I finally turned off ARC and just ran an optical cable from the TV to the X2000 and programmed the TV apps as its own activity on the remote. So when you press it, it changes to the TV input and pulls up the app menu on top of a black screen.

I usually don't use the TV apps but these do 4K which my current Roku 3 doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-18-2017, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So the one thing I don't understand with the Denon X2000 is why it changes the actual HDMI when the TV input it chosen. Scenario is...

I am watching something on Tivo(Cbl/Sat HDMI port)
I pull up the TV(LG) app menu and select say Netflix.
The X2000 changes to the TV input and the audio/video swaps to the TV via ARC.
When I leave Netflix, the X2000 receiver STAYS on the TV input with NO video/sound(just a Denon logo) anymore since there is no HDMI port assign to the TV input when using HDMI Control.

WHY does the X2000 even mess with the Video feed in this mode? It should just change the audio portion of the input to TV and leave the HDMI video input alone. The when done with the TV app, it just returns the sound to the HDMI port that is was on.

My Yamaha V675's ARC handles this perfectly and IMO as it should. When you pull up a TV(Samsung) app and then leave, the TV is left on the same HDMI port it was on prior and the picture and sound return just like it was before I pulled up a TV app. Ultimately the Yamaha only changes the audio feed via Arc and doesn't touch the video feed.

I don't understand why the X2000 does it the way it does it.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-18-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 283 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12644 Post(s)
Liked: 5785
Quote:
So the one thing I don't understand with the Denon X2000 is why it changes the actual HDMI when the TV input it chosen. Scenario is...

When I leave Netflix, the X2000 receiver STAYS on the TV input with NO video/sound(just a Denon logo) anymore since there is no HDMI port assign to the TV input when using HDMI Control.

WHY does the X2000 even mess with the Video feed in this mode? It should just change the audio portion of the input to TV and leave the HDMI video input alone. The when done with the TV app, it just returns the sound to the HDMI port that is was on.

My Yamaha V675's ARC handles this perfectly and IMO as it should. When you pull up a TV(Samsung) app and then leave, the TV is left on the same HDMI port it was on prior and the picture and sound return just like it was before I pulled up a TV app. Ultimately the Yamaha only changes the audio feed via Arc and doesn't touch the video feed.

Easy enough to just select the CBL/SAT source button on the remote.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Easy enough to just select the CBL/SAT source button on the remote.

Yes but I guess my issue is why does it even mess with the video? It causes extra issues that really seem unnecessary.

It just got way too flakey with HDMI control turned on(especially with the Roku/media streamer stealing the input from the cbl/sat input), something I wouldn't expect from Denon, especially when my Yamaha(which is also a 2013 model) handles things just fine.

I ended up turning off HDMI control and just running an optical from the TV to the receiver. Frustrating I had to do it that way.

I'm contemplating swapping the Denon with the Yamaha since we don't really use the TV apps in the other room.

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm having a HDMI handshake problem. When I send video from the PC through the X4000 to a projector, the projector regularly loses signal every few seconds and says "source searching". It finds the signal and repeat the process every few seconds. This only happens when I play a video, and only when I connect the HDMI cable to the receiver instead of to the projector directly; if I connect the HDMI cable directly from the PC to the projector, I get stable video playback.

I suspect the receiver is causing the problem, since there's no problem when I don't use the receiver. However, I have also read comments that this projector (Benq W1070) sometimes had this issue -- but in my case this problem only occurs in connection with the receiver. So, I'm not sure which component or combination of components is causing this problem: the PC/videocard, the receiver, the projector, or one of the two HDMI cables. I tried changing the cables but it didn't make a difference.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?
Old Today, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Quote:

Works exactly as it should. Netflix app is on your TV, hence switch to TV input. When you exit Netflix, you're still on TV because Denon cannot read your mind about where you want to go next. If you want it to stay on the Tivo input at all times, then use the Netflix app on the Tivo.

It's the Yamaha that faulty, yet accidentally works the way you want.

Have you considered getting a universal remote to handle all the input switching?
Old Today, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Works exactly as it should. Netflix app is on your TV, hence switch to TV input. When you exit Netflix, you're still on TV because Denon cannot read your mind about where you want to go next. If you want it to stay on the Tivo input at all times, then use the Netflix app on the Tivo.

It's the Yamaha that faulty, yet accidentally works the way you want.

Have you considered getting a universal remote to handle all the input switching?

I view it as Yamaha being smarter. It is smart enough to realize ARC only involves audio and leaves the video alone.

Anyway, yes I do have a universal remove(MX-810). I had it programmed to force it to swap back to the Tivo, but because of the ARC resyncing I had to program a delayed 2nd input change to the Tivo input for it to stay. Basically when exiting the TV menu, it would drop to the blank arc input, I'd tell it to goto the Tivo input then the ARC would resync with the receiver and pull the input back to the blank arc input, forcing me to have to change the input again.

I ended up turning off ARC and running an optical cable from the TV to the receiver.. Then when I select the TV apps activity, it pulls up the menu on a blank screen. When the user is done, they have to select the TV activity to return to the Tivo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1
Gear in this thread