The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 430 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2677Likes

post #12871 of 12891 Old 09-27-2017, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, add me to the list of us who have had their X4000 go into the random shutdown/protection mode with the flashing red light. Unfortunately, Denon support was zero help, as they basically said, "Find someone to look at it for you and see if you are willing to pay for the repair... otherwise, we have current model ones that you can purchase to replace your unit." SUPER! THANKS SO MUCH!

Anyway, I will be attempting to see if the fix is as simple as this particular video shows,
, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If it ends up not fixing the issue, I'll be in search of a reputable repair place in or around Houston to which I can take the unit and hopefully have it repaired without having to mortgage my house. I'll keep you updated as to my progress after I get home this evening.

Thanks,
Jeff in Houston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12872 of 12891 Old 09-28-2017, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Quoted: 15350 Post(s)
Liked: 7506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
Well, add me to the list of us who have had their X4000 go into the random shutdown/protection mode with the flashing red light. Unfortunately, Denon support was zero help, as they basically said, "Find someone to look at it for you and see if you are willing to pay for the repair... otherwise, we have current model ones that you can purchase to replace your unit." SUPER! THANKS SO MUCH!

Anyway, I will be attempting to see if the fix is as simple as this particular video shows, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If it ends up not fixing the issue, I'll be in search of a reputable repair place in or around Houston to which I can take the unit and hopefully have it repaired without having to mortgage my house. I'll keep you updated as to my progress after I get home this evening.

Thanks,
Jeff in Houston
Although the linked solution is likely to resolve the issue, if you purchased the X4000 with a credit card, the card may add 1-2 additional years to the 3 year warranty (if purchased "new", otherwise, only 1 year if purchased as a refurb), so it may still be covered by the card issuer for repair. Worth a call to the card issuer.
post #12873 of 12891 Old 09-28-2017, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Although the linked solution is likely to resolve the issue, if you purchased the X4000 with a credit card, the card may add 1-2 additional years to the 3 year warranty (if purchased "new", otherwise, only 1 year if purchased as a refurb), so it may still be covered by the card issuer for repair. Worth a call to the card issuer.
Thanks, jdsmoothie. I took the housing off last night and blew about a million pounds of dust and pet hair out of the chassis along with reseating the connector shown in the video. As others have indicated, none of the wires were sticking out of the connector like was shown in the video, but we shall see. I ran the unit with the top cover off with it sitting on top of (instead of inside) my shelving unit and it never went into protection mode. I will run it with the cover on tonight and then stick it back on its shelf and see if it really fixed anything. I'm crossing my fingers, but will definitely call my CC company if the problem is not fixed.

Regards,
Jeff in Houston

post #12874 of 12891 Old 09-28-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Thanks, jdsmoothie. I took the housing off last night and blew about a million pounds of dust and pet hair out of the chassis along with reseating the connector shown in the video.
When my x4000 had the problem, I sent it into the service center (Panurgy). They sent it back saying that they had dusted out the inside and could not duplicate the problem, which never recurred after that. So apparently the problem was caused by dust.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1 (also used for music playback in the main system, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #12875 of 12891 Old 10-02-2017, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon AVR-x2000: 5-second lag when turning volume up/down with remote (¿?)

Hello,

I have a Denon X2000 receiver and, one fine day, the remote control's volume buttons started doing something very weird: whenever I try to increase/decrease the volume, the receiver waits about 5 seconds before doing it.

It's always the same delay, too.

Never heard of anything like it. It's not the batteries and it's not the remote, and I can think of no parameter in the receiver that controls this.

All the other buttons work fine and the volume buttons also respond well, except 5 seconds too late.

Any ideas?????

Thanka a bunch,

Alex
post #12876 of 12891 Old 10-03-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexon View Post
Hello,

I have a Denon X2000 receiver and, one fine day, the remote control's volume buttons started doing something very weird: whenever I try to increase/decrease the volume, the receiver waits about 5 seconds before doing it.

It's always the same delay, too.

Never heard of anything like it. It's not the batteries and it's not the remote, and I can think of no parameter in the receiver that controls this.

All the other buttons work fine and the volume buttons also respond well, except 5 seconds too late.

Any ideas?????

Thanka a bunch,

Alex
As noted on p. 10 of the Owner's manual, the IR sensor is located in the upper left portion of the front panel display. Try wiping the display panel around the sensor with a cloth, otherwise, try replacing the remote with an Harmony remote which would likely then be able to control all of your devices with a single remote.
post #12877 of 12891 Old 10-03-2017, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks, jdsmoothie. I took the housing off last night and blew about a million pounds of dust and pet hair out of the chassis along with reseating the connector shown in the video. As others have indicated, none of the wires were sticking out of the connector like was shown in the video, but we shall see. I ran the unit with the top cover off with it sitting on top of (instead of inside) my shelving unit and it never went into protection mode. I will run it with the cover on tonight and then stick it back on its shelf and see if it really fixed anything. I'm crossing my fingers, but will definitely call my CC company if the problem is not fixed.

Regards,
Jeff in Houston
I'll try removing the cover tonight (I assume that is easy to do) and blowing out dust and checking the connector as shown in the vid. I hope this fixes it, mine is out of warranty and I'd get a new model before I pay to have this thing fixed
post #12878 of 12891 Old 10-03-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomamaflorida View Post
I'll try removing the cover tonight (I assume that is easy to do) and blowing out dust and checking the connector as shown in the vid. I hope this fixes it, mine is out of warranty and I'd get a new model before I pay to have this thing fixed
Also check with your credit card company as some will add 1-2 years to the 3 year Denon warranty.
post #12879 of 12891 Old 10-11-2017, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lightbulb Denon AVR 3313CI - Bootup Fail (HELP)

Dear all,

Some weeks ago, I tried to make a firmware upadate over internet but without success, appears fail and then I turn off the receiver.

Now I made the download from Denon site of Firmware (firmares/000100600100/) - AVR3313ci_USB_Update_12_12_16.

and then, I follow the instruction, first I formated my USB (FAT32) and the I saved the files there as instructions, after that, I put the pendrive into receiver, and follow the tips.... but the msg was: updatefilestart... and I pressioned DIMMER and the the message change to "updatefilecheck" according manual.

But after 1 minute appears : BOOTUP FAIL.
I tried many times withput sucess.

Bye the way: I made the reset factory before procedure but is the same that note make nothing because the receive blinkkinnnnngggg for any times and start normal with the same configurations.

Regards,

Thanks in advance.

Rutka
post #12880 of 12891 Old 10-11-2017, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 644
My X4000 OSD . . won"t - as of this morning

Sound modes switching is fine and so apparently is everything else - that i can SEE

but before doing as reset, thought I'd ask

TY

DIY FAN Denon X5200 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS/DSU Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...orn-build.html
post #12881 of 12891 Old 10-14-2017, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AVR-X1000 Airplay failure with iOS 11

I've got an AVR-2313CI and two AVR-X1000's in my house. After the recent update to iOS 11 (I'm running 11.0.3) I can no longer Airplay from the Music to the AVR-X1000's, and Airplay from Spotify and Overcast are unreliable. Airplay to the AVR-2313CI seems fine in limited testing.

When I try to Airplay, the AVR-X1000's briefly display "Airplay" before blanking out the "function" portion of the display then proceeding through a cycle of Connecting...Please wait...Assigning. It seems like the network interface is rebooting - the web interface is unavailable during this period.

Both AVR-X1000's say they are running the latest firmware, 9500-8776-9194 on one of them.

I haven't tried all of the usual suggestions for network reset and things of that sort because, honestly, I just don't want to get into that after the problem I had with my AVR-2313CI a while ago (it was a pain in the ass and ultimately a hardware issue.) This problem feels like some incompatibility Apple introduced with Airplay 2 that Apple and/or Denon need to fix.
post #12882 of 12891 Old 10-14-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guima.rutka@hotmail.com View Post
Dear all,

Some weeks ago, I tried to make a firmware upadate over internet but without success, appears fail and then I turn off the receiver.

Now I made the download from Denon site of Firmware (firmares/000100600100/) - AVR3313ci_USB_Update_12_12_16.

and then, I follow the instruction, first I formated my USB (FAT32) and the I saved the files there as instructions, after that, I put the pendrive into receiver, and follow the tips.... but the msg was: updatefilestart... and I pressioned DIMMER and the the message change to "updatefilecheck" according manual.

But after 1 minute appears : BOOTUP FAIL.
I tried many times withput sucess.

Bye the way: I made the reset factory before procedure but is the same that note make nothing because the receive blinkkinnnnngggg for any times and start normal with the same configurations.

Regards,

Thanks in advance.

Rutka
Oops! Wrong thread. Please repost in the XX13 Owner's thread ---> The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
post #12883 of 12891 Old 10-14-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoner View Post
I've got an AVR-2313CI and two AVR-X1000's in my house. After the recent update to iOS 11 (I'm running 11.0.3) I can no longer Airplay from the Music to the AVR-X1000's, and Airplay from Spotify and Overcast are unreliable. Airplay to the AVR-2313CI seems fine in limited testing.

When I try to Airplay, the AVR-X1000's briefly display "Airplay" before blanking out the "function" portion of the display then proceeding through a cycle of Connecting...Please wait...Assigning. It seems like the network interface is rebooting - the web interface is unavailable during this period.

Both AVR-X1000's say they are running the latest firmware, 9500-8776-9194 on one of them.

I haven't tried all of the usual suggestions for network reset and things of that sort because, honestly, I just don't want to get into that after the problem I had with my AVR-2313CI a while ago (it was a pain in the ass and ultimately a hardware issue.) This problem feels like some incompatibility Apple introduced with Airplay 2 that Apple and/or Denon need to fix.

This could be Airplay 2 related. Note however that it shouldn't be that difficult following the Web Control SAVE/LOAD procedure (p. 108 Owner's manual) to save a copy of the config file (including Audyssey) to a PC file which can then be loaded back after doing a network reset.

Can other 2013 series model owners chime in with their experience using Airplay 2 (ie. iOS 11) to stream audio to their AVR?
post #12884 of 12891 Old 10-16-2017, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2275 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Quote:
This could be Airplay 2 related. Note however that it shouldn't be that difficult following the Web Control SAVE/LOAD procedure (p. 108 Owner's manual) to save a copy of the config file (including Audyssey) to a PC file which can then be loaded back after doing a network reset.

Can other 2013 series model owners chime in with their experience using Airplay 2 (ie. iOS 11) to stream audio to their AVR?
Just tried it for the first time since getting iOS 11 and had no issues. Airplay to my 2013 Denon has been flaky in the past, but it's pretty solid now with iOS 11.
post #12885 of 12891 Old 10-16-2017, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
AVR X1000 - No Sound

Hello,

I purchased an AVR X1000 back in 2014. Had no problems with it for 2+ years. We moved a year ago, and it has not been used since then. We just finished the basement and had professional installers hook up all of our theater equipment. Now, getting any audio has become a real hassle. I get video, but no sound. I have also noticed that the Denon menu that appears on the tv screen is messed up (teal boxes of various sizes, odd characters where I imagine letters are supposed to be). And that goes for all inputs (tv, xbox, sonos, etc).

The first thing I tried was unplugging the receiver, waiting 20 seconds, and plugging back in. That worked. The next day I went to watch tv, and once again I could not get any sound. So I power cycled the unit again, and no luck. I spent the better part of 20 minutes unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in, and finally it worked again. Day 3, same issue. This time after 20 minutes I tried a factory reset. That did not help. And on top of that, I had a hard time getting through the setup assistant because the display on the tv was impossible to read.

I'm at the point of giving up and just getting a new receiver, but thought I would reach out to others to see if there were any suggestions. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.
post #12886 of 12891 Old 10-16-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Just tried it for the first time since getting iOS 11 and had no issues. Airplay to my 2013 Denon has been flaky in the past, but it's pretty solid now with iOS 11.
Great! Thanks for the follow up. So then simply a one off issue for atoner.
post #12887 of 12891 Old 10-16-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Manning View Post
Hello,

I purchased an AVR X1000 back in 2014. Had no problems with it for 2+ years. We moved a year ago, and it has not been used since then. We just finished the basement and had professional installers hook up all of our theater equipment. Now, getting any audio has become a real hassle. I get video, but no sound. I have also noticed that the Denon menu that appears on the tv screen is messed up (teal boxes of various sizes, odd characters where I imagine letters are supposed to be). And that goes for all inputs (tv, xbox, sonos, etc).

The first thing I tried was unplugging the receiver, waiting 20 seconds, and plugging back in. That worked. The next day I went to watch tv, and once again I could not get any sound. So I power cycled the unit again, and no luck. I spent the better part of 20 minutes unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in, and finally it worked again. Day 3, same issue. This time after 20 minutes I tried a factory reset. That did not help. And on top of that, I had a hard time getting through the setup assistant because the display on the tv was impossible to read.

I'm at the point of giving up and just getting a new receiver, but thought I would reach out to others to see if there were any suggestions. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Try replacing the HDMI cables.
post #12888 of 12891 Old 10-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Try replacing the HDMI cables.
I have tried replacing the HDMI cable and also tried a different input in the tv. Same result.
post #12889 of 12891 Old Yesterday, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Manning View Post
I have tried replacing the HDMI cable and also tried a different input in the tv. Same result.
Perhaps moisture got into the AVR while in storage. Do about 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row and if still no joy .... time to upgrade to an Atmos AVR.
post #12890 of 12891 Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Which model Denon do you have? Like I said, Airplay was fine on my AVR-2313CI (a 2012 model) but failed on both of my AVR-X1000's (2013).

Denon's tech support replied, "Frequently, Apple makes changes to the iOS that can cause issues with Airplay compatible products. Because the issue is caused by an iOS update, the resolution ultimately lies in the hands of Apple."

Regarding jdsmoothie's comment "So then simply a one off issue for atoner." The issue is repeatable on both of my X-1000's. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one having this problem.
post #12891 of 12891 Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Hi mdavej, same here ... no issues with airplay to X4000 with IOS 11.0.1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
assistance , dead , Denon , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , dolby digital plus , netflix 5.1 , receiver , support

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page