*Official* Pioneer SC-1522 9.2 Network ready AV receiver owners thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I figured cables might be the issue. One of mine is 40' due to my equipment being in a closet. I was thinking of using the Monoprice Redmere cables. Thoughts on whether this would solve the problem? Sometimes I get audio and no video and sometimes the opposite...sometimes it's snowy and sometimes its a jumbled mess. I can usually change inputs and then back and it resolves. Sometimes it takes multiple shots. Any other recommendations besides cables that could be the problem. Firmware is up to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyhileman View Post

I figured cables might be the issue. One of mine is 40' due to my equipment being in a closet. I was thinking of using the Monoprice Redmere cables. Thoughts on whether this would solve the problem? Sometimes I get audio and no video and sometimes the opposite...sometimes it's snowy and sometimes its a jumbled mess. I can usually change inputs and then back and it resolves. Sometimes it takes multiple shots. Any other recommendations besides cables that could be the problem. Firmware is up to date.

At what point do you get the issues you are describing? What's the order in which you power up your devices?

A Remere cable should help with that long run.
post #633 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:

Definitely a cable problem. Anything over 15ft will require specialized cable. Good luck.
post #634 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 AM

I power display, then receiver, then source. That gets me the most consistent startup without problems. This order probably gets me no problems 60% of the time. Any other method has seemed to cause the problem almost every time without fail. It's usually during startup or input switching. Once the connection is established with a device, it's fine until I turn it off and back on again. It just gets annoying trying to explain to my wife when I'm not home and she can't get the stuff to just turn on and work properly. I don't so much as care about the delayed hdmi switching, it's just having to deal with the handshake issues that's frustrating.
post #635 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Have any one try out any Klipsch towers and sub on the Pioneer SC 1522?
And what's the result?
post #636 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre3000 View Post

Have any one try out any Klipsch towers and sub on the Pioneer SC 1522?
And what's the result?

I'm pretty sure that you will get sound out of them biggrin.gif

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #637 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I have used Monoprice's Cat 5 HDMI extenders with great results. Cheaper and more flexible cables to route the 40' if you determine the distance is your issue.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=8200

Good Luck!
post #638 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM

App setup issue: Connectivity Error. I am trying to setup the IcontrolAv2 on IPAS and Galaxy S II and having some trouble. Any advice would be great. I am using Powerline Mini Adapter Starter Kit to have the internet connection for the AVR. I was able to connect to internet and be able to upgrade to the latest available version( excluding the USB which I am still trying to get to work - I will be trying that again tonight).

FOr the iControlAV2 both IPas and Galaxy S II does show that it is SC-1522K receiver but both error out with code B57113 for Ipad and B27102. Galaxy says Non-controllable device. Any help or advice would be great.

Note: I have reset all the devices ( modem/router/power line adapter/receiver) as advice in various post on here but still unable to connect.
post #639 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 02:30 PM

Are you using the icontrolav2012 app? I've seen where other people have selected the wrong one. This app works great on my Galaxy Nexus.
post #640 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM

I had iControlAV2, but installed 2012 and still error.
post #641 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil0ne View Post

I have used Monoprice's Cat 5 HDMI extenders with great results. Cheaper and more flexible cables to route the 40' if you determine the distance is your issue.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=8200

Good Luck!
These work really good. But be aware. It shows in the pictures of the backs of the plates that there are two RJ-45 jacks on the backs. They are not for daisy chaining. It takes two Cat5e or 6 cables run from one to the other for the situation to work. Plus one or both of the supplied power adapters at each jack depending on if the HDMI source being plugged in has enough power to power the plate. If not you need to use the power adapters.

I just used these in an install (75' run) and the cheaper versions require two Cat cables. The electricians that were running the Cat6 couldn't understand why I needed two. But you do and at $.15 a foot (raw) no big deal. Some more expensive units only require one Cat cable. But those I have seen run in the 100's of dollars and do no more than these will and with the same quality.

Let us know how you do if you go this direction?
post #642 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Did you try resetting the devices after you installed the icontrolav2012 app?, that's definitely the correct app.
post #643 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by newavsmember View Post

I had iControlAV2, but installed 2012 and still error.

I know Android version of iControlAV2 is not compatible with this receiver. You should uninstall it and try the 2012 version again. There is nothing you can do to make the old app work.
post #644 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM

the UI on the android APP is a bit wonky for selecting the receiver.

you need to ensure that the 1522 is on the same subnet as the android device. And that the 1522 is configured for wake on lan (which I don't remember the setting for this.).

Once that is complete you start the app and it looks for the device.

The first time it runs it cannot find the device it will take you to the settings page.

if you don't have a pioneer blue ray player make sure that you tell it no blue ray.

then it should find it and let you control it.
post #645 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

App setup issue: Connectivity Error. I am trying to setup the IcontrolAv2 on IPAS and Galaxy S II and having some trouble. Any advice would be great. I am using Powerline Mini Adapter Starter Kit to have the internet connection for the AVR. I was able to connect to internet and be able to upgrade to the latest available version( excluding the USB which I am still trying to get to work - I will be trying that again tonight).

FOr the iControlAV2 both IPas and Galaxy S II does show that it is SC-1522K receiver but both error out with code B57113 for Ipad and B27102. Galaxy says Non-controllable device. Any help or advice would be great.

Note: I have reset all the devices ( modem/router/power line adapter/receiver) as advice in various post on here but still unable to connect.

This may sound silly but is the receiver on for at least a minute or two when trying to use the app? The wake on lan is not turned on by default so you can't turn on the receiver from the app with this setting of (you can enable it throught the GUI-settings menu), so the receiver must be already on.
As was mentioned a few posts earlier, also make sure the receiver and phone/iPad are using the same router/subnet for the internet connection. It's very easy to hardwire your internet to the receiver into your cable/phone provider router and use your own router for wireless without realizing it.
This is especially true with the iPad, as it won't always reconnect to the same wireless network if you have more than one in your house and setup in the iPad (i.e. I use the FiOS wireless G connection so I can watch live tv on the iPad but 99% of the time I want to use the wireless N 5GHz connection through my Linksys router.)

post #646 of 1747 Old 05-03-2013, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Since we are on the topic of the app, can someone tell me how to shuffle or repeat a folder of music? I do not see those options anywhere. When I select a folder I can then only select a song in the folder...
post #647 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentley View Post

the UI on the android APP is a bit wonky for selecting the receiver.

you need to ensure that the 1522 is on the same subnet as the android device. And that the 1522 is configured for wake on lan (which I don't remember the setting for this.).

Once that is complete you start the app and it looks for the device.

The first time it runs it cannot find the device it will take you to the settings page.

if you don't have a pioneer blue ray player make sure that you tell it no blue ray.

then it should find it and let you control it.

Thank you all for pitching in. Before trying the App again, I have updated the firmware which took several tries before but after reading/following the several suggestions on here worked like a charm.
1) Have your flash drive formatted to FAT32.
2) Extract the firmware files into the main directory(NO SUB FOLDERS which was cause of file error for me).

My flash drive was FAT32 but once i extracted to main folder, the update option through Main Menu ( See page 97 in Manual for instructions for this).

After the firmware update, I have installed IControlAV2012 for Galaxy and iCOntrolAv2013 for IPAD and both worked without an issue. As of now the receiver is connected to powerline adapter which is an extension from the router.

SInce you guys have been so awesome in telling your experience, I wanted some recommendation of the setup which work best for you for the Audio. I am on 3.1 setup now. I have done the Bass changes Gus had mentioned but trying to figure out which option works best based on the experience from people here. I am on temporary setup(speakers and proector placement) so far and making some changes today towards permanent setup. Thanks for all your suggestion/information.
post #648 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Liked: 20
Just want to confirm this. This is the second time someone has posted that the Pioneer app for Apple IPad icontrolav 2013 works with the pioneer sc 1522.

Could you verify this that its the pioneer app for the apple I Pad icontrolav 2013 and not the pioneer app for the apple I Pad icontrolav 2012.

Thank you.

Mitz DLP 73740
Pioneer SC 1222K
Pioneer BDP 150
Apple I Pad Retina
Fronts Cerwin Vega AT-12
Center JBL Northridge EC-35
Surround Rear JBL CST-56
Surround Back Advent
post #649 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM

I'm using icontrolav2013 also successfully with no problems with the 1522.
post #650 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 AM

Help!, I do not hear my sub using Pandora, airplay and ipod. Bluray movies I get 5.1 and I can tell the sub is on. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Also I notice that when playing bluray I see the speaker icons come on:

Left Front Right
SL SR
SW

But playing Pandora, airplay and ipod they do no appear.
post #651 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 AM

Liked: 20
Curious are you using the icontrolav 2013 app with an apple ipad?.

Mitz DLP 73740
Pioneer SC 1222K
Pioneer BDP 150
Apple I Pad Retina
Fronts Cerwin Vega AT-12
Center JBL Northridge EC-35
Surround Rear JBL CST-56
Surround Back Advent
post #652 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needis View Post

Help!, I do not hear my sub using Pandora, airplay and ipod. Bluray movies I get 5.1 and I can tell the sub is on. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Also I notice that when playing bluray I see the speaker icons come on:

Left Front Right
SL SR
SW

But playing Pandora, airplay and ipod they do no appear.

Change the audio mode. If you are listening to stereo, it will only be 2.0. If you set it as Extended Stereo mode, you will get all channels plus sub. Change to which ever mode you like the best wink.gif

Home Theater Set Up:

post #653 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post

Just want to confirm this. This is the second time someone has posted that the Pioneer app for Apple IPad icontrolav 2013 works with the pioneer sc 1522.

Could you verify this that its the pioneer app for the apple I Pad icontrolav 2013 and not the pioneer app for the apple I Pad icontrolav 2012.

Thank you.

Yes it is iControlAV2013 that I was able to connect to SC-1522K. Although I have not used any of the features. My goal was just to have the App recognize the receiver which it did.
post #654 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Change the audio mode. If you are listening to stereo, it will only be 2.0. If you set it as Extended Stereo mode, you will get all channels plus sub. Change to which ever mode you like the best wink.gif

Gus which audio mode did you find it best for you. As mentioned earlier I have 3.1 setup right now. Thanks.
post #655 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Gus which audio mode did you find it best for you. As mentioned earlier I have 3.1 setup right now. Thanks.

I like extended stereo. The signal being sent from online streaming is stereo anyway.

NOTE: iControlAV2012

----CAN ONLY BE USED WITH ONE DEVICE AT A TIME. If you try to access the SC-1522 from two different devices you will get an network error message. I've got 3 iPads and 2 iPhones, and I forgot I had the app opened in one of the iPads, and I kept getting errors when I tried to use my iPhone.rolleyes.gif

---YOU NEED NETWORK STANDBY SET TO ON. In order to be able to turn on / off the AVR within the app.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #656 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:

I like extended stereo. The signal being sent from online streaming is stereo anyway.

Thanks, I wil try that setup.I am newbie in audio for sure and been watching most content either from youtube/netflix and was having hard time figuring out the right setup. Probably should get few Blu Ray and then test out the speakers/setup.
Quote:

NOTE: iControlAV2012

----CAN ONLY BE USE IN ONE DEVICE AT A TIME. If you try to access the SC-1522 from two different devices you will get an network error message. I've got 3 iPads and 2 iPhones, and I forgot I had the app opened in one of the iPads, and I kept getting errors when I tried to use my iPhone.rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the tip. I probably would have got frustrated not knowing whats going on trying to get both IPAD and Galaxy app to work. smile.gif
post #657 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 AM

Here's something to ponder for those having USB update issues.

I kept getting Error 6.

I tried 3 different USB drives.
An 8GB in fat or fat32 would read, but fail with error 6 on update.
Same thing with a 4GB drive, fails with fat and fat32 partitions. Note I downloaded data to 2 machines, and so I am pretty sure it is the flash drive it did not like.
I finally found an old 2GB drive laying around, and that worked the first time without any issues.

So, if you have some errors updating this way, try an old small drive.

What is up with Pioneer that the last 2 updates from them have to be via USB? That is some seriously bad design flaw in their update method.
post #658 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post

Here's something to ponder for those having USB update issues.

I kept getting Error 6.

I tried 3 different USB drives.
An 8GB in fat or fat32 would read, but fail with error 6 on update.
Same thing with a 4GB drive, fails with fat and fat32 partitions. Note I downloaded data to 2 machines, and so I am pretty sure it is the flash drive it did not like.
I finally found an old 2GB drive laying around, and that worked the first time without any issues.

So, if you have some errors updating this way, try an old small drive.

What is up with Pioneer that the last 2 updates from them have to be via USB? That is some seriously bad design flaw in their update method.

I used a 32GB corsair flash drive. However, I re-formatted it to FAT32, unzipped all the firmware, and transfer the files to the USB flash drive. It took about 10 min. for the update. I know of many owner who had to used several different USB flash drive till they found one that worked.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #659 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 12:11 PM

I am not sure where my other post went. If this is a duplicate I apologize.

I am now having trouble with Pandora. It worked perfectly until this morning. It just says "please wait". It sat for 10 minutes and same thing. I turned off the receiver and same thing. I was able to use Pandora, air play and was even able to stream music from my computer. I tried an internet update to see what happens and it just says error. Everything else seems to work as normal. I went to Network Set Up and changed one thing and now it's stuck on "applying network changes" and I can't get out of that. I turned off the receiver and back on and same thing. It's stuck there. Been like that for over an hour. I am using a Netgear wireless adapter and it's been working flawlessly. The green light is on but I did a reset just to be sure. Green light is on so I know it's connected to the network. Only other change I made this AM was to run a HDMI cable from the receiver to my projector to try and get 1080 on the projector but still only 720p to the projector even though we had 1080i with the old receiver. Perhaps the sc-1522-k only puts out 720p to HDMI 2.

Any ideas for this network problem?

Thanks.

Oh ya, I did the USB update a while back to get Pandora to work. Like I said, it's worked until today.
post #660 of 1747 Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1snob View Post

I am not sure where my other post went. If this is a duplicate I apologize....Perhaps the sc-1522-k only puts out 720p to HDMI 2.

yours is still there...a few posts back

as to HDMI 2, no it's not limited to 720p. try checking your video converter settings to see what resolution it's set at. even better, just turn it off for the HDMI sources you are trying to send to both outputs. depending on how good your Blu-ray player is, the optimum setup for many people for Blu-ray is to let the player handle the video processing/scaling chores or the TV, not the receiver. if this is a cable box, then the receiver's processor may be better than what's in the cable box.

to your Pandora & network problems, the 1st thing to do is...whatever change you made in the receiver before it stopped connecting, change it back to what it was originally. you didn't mention you did that, but before turning things off & on, updating FW, that should have been the very 1st thing to do. if it worked, then u made a change & it stopped working, troubleshooting 101 says go back to what worked wink.gif if you already did this or forgot the original setting, then you really have no choice but to do these....

you check the FW version in the receiver to make sure the update went OK and you really do have the version you installed. do you get music from Pandora on your PC? if yes, that isolates it to the receiver. plus, Pioneer is very specific & clear in the FW update instructions that you may need to reset the Pandora setup, that the update will wipe-out your existing Pandora profile, etc. if you didn't do that, then that may be part of your problem. if you did do that then...

do the full factory reset as outlined in the manual which will restore everything to default settings. that means you'll have to re-do MCACC, input assignments, network settings, everything. this will wipe out network settings so you'll have a clean slate. before investing any time on MCACC though, I would try all your network settings, reset Pandora & see if you have connectivity, IP addresses, etc. reboot your router, and you may want to reboot cable modem so that you get a new IP address from your provider.

if still problems, I have to ask, do you have a conventional cable modem & separate router or do you have one of the combination modem-router gateways? U-verse, some Comcast areas among others are sending out combo all-in-one devices that are causing problems with some receivers & networked AV gear, not only Pioneer but also Denon & I think Marantz. Cisco, Motorola are some makes but there may be others. if you do have one of the combo gateways, I'd try a conventional router from Netgear, Linksys, DLink etc, plug it into the gateway or call your cable co & insist on a conventional separate modem & get your own router.

and if a reset & added step don't help, you definitely should call Pioneer to report the problem, just in case you have to send to a service center for warranty repair. but if you haven't had it too long, ask your dealer to swap you for a new one. the store may be willing to do that & you won't have to deal with a repair. it's possible the network hardware or your update hosed it, but if it worked OK before you made that change, then it stopped working, something tells me its very possibly a setup problem of your own doing.

Steve
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Sc 1522k 9 2 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - 1522k by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page