*Official* Pioneer SC-1522 9.2 Network ready AV receiver owners thread - Page 61 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2015, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
CostCo only accepts American Express. Otherwise, you have to use cash or Debit.
Actually that may have been reason I used the DEBIT/VISA bank card.
I don't recall for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 11:41 AM

COSTCO talked to Pioneer and they claim that the UE22 error code means that the unit is not reading the FW correctly.
Have no idea if that is correct or BS as other info I have seen says the circuit board has gone bad.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 629
Ok, I remember this now. I updated the FW to my 1522 when I had it. You will need to use a different USB drive. Preferrably something that isn't too large may be a 8 gb or less. Reformat it to Fat32, download the FW update, unzip it and transfer the file to the flash drive.

Thereafter do the update according to your manual. I remember that a lot of people had the same issue, and it was due to being unable to read the USB flash drive.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to setup Zone 2 and Zone 3 functionality. Zone2 and Zone3 will be used only listening to ipod/tuner music.
Read the manual and page 35 says "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic MULTI-ZONE setup (ZONE 2)
Connect a separate amplifier to the AUDIO ZONE 2 OUT jacks on this receiver.
You should have a pair of speakers attached to the sub zone amplifier as shown in the following illustration.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Do I really need another amplifier to get the zone functionality working?
Don't have a spare amplifier lying around and if I am buying one am I not better off picking up a used receiver from craigs and use that just for tuner and ipod functionality instead of going through the zoned functionality setup?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilla75 View Post
I am trying to setup Zone 2 and Zone 3 functionality. Zone2 and Zone3 will be used only listening to ipod/tuner music.
Read the manual and page 35 says "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic MULTI-ZONE setup (ZONE 2)
Connect a separate amplifier to the AUDIO ZONE 2 OUT jacks on this receiver.
You should have a pair of speakers attached to the sub zone amplifier as shown in the following illustration.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Do I really need another amplifier to get the zone functionality working?
Don't have a spare amplifier lying around and if I am buying one am I not better off picking up a used receiver from craigs and use that just for tuner and ipod functionality instead of going through the zoned functionality setup?
No, Zone 2 and 3 speakers can be powered from the internal amp.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteroffact View Post
It does support ARC, but you first need to go into the setup and enable it. I think there's a specific page in the settings for HDMI stuff. Also make sure you're using the correct HDMI port on the TV itself. On my TV (Panasonic), only one specific HDMI port supports ARC.
No luck here with ARC, either. My TV is Samsung JS9000. I set up the TV's remote to use the 1522 as its output, and that works. The HDMI cable is connected to the designated ARC-capable connector on the TV, which is HDMI4, and to the ARC-capable HDMI output on the 1522, which is HDMI output port 1. I set up for HDMI-CEC and ARC in the 1522 setup menus (I hope I did it right). But there's no sound from ARC.

For those who have ARC working on the 1522, do you have to select the signal using remote button "4", or by some other means? Or does it switch automatically when you change the TV to displaying some signal other than the one from the 1522?

Greg Lee
Old 05-26-2015, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
The HDMI cable is connected to the designated ARC-capable connector on the TV, which is HDMI4, and to the ARC-capable HDMI output on the 1522, which is HDMI output port 1. I set up for HDMI-CEC and ARC in the 1522 setup menus (I hope I did it right). But there's no sound from ARC.
Hi GregLee, while TV app is playing, check if Samsung AnyNet+, ARC or External speaker is enabled.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi GregLee, while TV app is playing, check if Samsung AnyNet+, ARC or External speaker is enabled.
I just did that (not for the first time). On the Samsung menus, AnyNet is enabled, but there is a Device Search function associated that returns the result "no device", meaning, I guess, that the TV looked for connected devices that have HDMI-CEC enabled and couldn't find any. That doesn't make sense to me, since there are actually three such devices connected -- the 1522 AVR, a satellite receiver connected to the AVR, and a BD player connected to the AVR. The TV's remote control works with all three, and that uses HDMI-CEC, I think. (The menu system lets you tell the remote what devices it should control, and I've told it.)

I see nothing specifically mentioning ARC in the Samsung menus. There is an item for directing TV sound to "receiver", which seems promising, but it is greyed out -- I can't select it. There are other references to attaching bluetooth speakers, but I don't have any of those.

I think my TV is screwed up. I don't blame the Pioneer. I can get sound from the TV to the AVR using a digital optical cable, and that's what I'm doing.

Greg Lee
Old 05-26-2015, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 27
My Samsung would only detect 3 devices. Try disconnecting one and see if it find the receiver then.

Also usually arc is assigned to a specific hdmi port on the tv.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup View Post
No, Zone 2 and 3 speakers can be powered from the internal amp.
Thanks Teeitup.

I followed instructions from the manual but somehow both zones are not working.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
Ok, I remember this now. I updated the FW to my 1522 when I had it. You will need to use a different USB drive. Preferrably something that isn't too large may be a 8 gb or less. Reformat it to Fat32, download the FW update, unzip it and transfer the file to the flash drive.

Thereafter do the update according to your manual. I remember that a lot of people had the same issue, and it was due to being unable to read the USB flash drive.

I updated the FW to newest version and got same error.
I took it to a Pioneer service center. They updated the FW again ad it worked for a day or two , then died agai,

They said it would be a $625 circuit/DSP board to repair.
I only paid $599 for it.
What a piece of sht.
Old Today, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sc-1522 has audio but no video. Every single feature works except the video output. I switched 5 different brand hdmi cables and 3 different brand displays and there is no video at all. I've turned off video conversion, did a reset and nothing works. I didn't take it to be repaired because I hear repairs are $500+ and since I only paid $499 for it I'm not willing to pay that much. Its weird because it's been working flawlessly for about 2 years, them all of a sudden there was snow in the picture then the picture started flashing and then nothing. Has anyone else had this issue?

Tags
Pioneer Sc 1522k 9 2 Channel Av Receiver