need help setting up HK 247 for 2.1 channel use - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
weez82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tualatin, OR
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Im having problems setting this avr up for 2.1 use. The problem is the crossover settings are not working. I have L/R speakers set as small and center/surrounds as none and sub as LFE. Both the sub and speakers are still receiving full range signals, no bass management. I've read the manual and Im in the correct mode for stereo playback so dont know Im doing wrong. Any help?

weez82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,801
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Hmmm...sounds like you got it set up right. What source are you using and how do you know the sub and speakers are both getting a full range signal?

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Alan P is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,801
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Just checked out your pics - dude, you shouldn't have your AVR sitting on top of your sub, you're gonna shake it to death that way! eek.gif

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Alan P is online now  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
weez82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tualatin, OR
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post

Hmmm...sounds like you got it set up right. What source are you using and how do you know the sub and speakers are both getting a full range signal?

Im using test tones from my pc. I've hooked it up analog and digital. Both the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post

Just checked out your pics - dude, you shouldn't have your AVR sitting on top of your sub, you're gonna shake it to death that way! eek.gif

Works fine smile.gif

weez82 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,801
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by weez82 View Post

Im having problems setting this avr up for 2.1 use. The problem is the crossover settings are not working. I have L/R speakers set as small and center/surrounds as none and sub as LFE. Both the sub and speakers are still receiving full range signals, no bass management. I've read the manual and Im in the correct mode for stereo playback so dont know Im doing wrong. Any help?

What mode are you usiing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weez82 View Post

Works fine smile.gif

For now.....seriously man, all that shaking is not good for the electronics in the AVR.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Alan P is online now  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off