AVS Forum banner

Receiver Setup Advice: Multi-Room, Wireless Control

301 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jdsmoothie 
#1 ·
I've trolled the forums for quite some time and am now making my first post. I'd like to say a generic thank you for the collective knowledge you all have. I'm trying to determine what the best setup is for our house and thought that this would be the perfect place to ask. Here's my situation:

We have a house where the previous owner put speakers in the family room, living room, bedroom and bathroom. All the speaker wires run throughout the house into the basement. We are looking to add a couple more outdoor speakers in the patio area and run the speakers to the same place in the basement. Right now we have 3 old receivers and two old laptops running constantly so I can remote into the laptops and control what music plays. This is a killer drain on electricity, delivers sub-optimal sound quality and can only handle two sources, in a predetermined set, to the three zones.

I want to find a solution, hopefully a receiver (though I've also looked into Sonos), that can deliver sound to three zones simultaneously and handle three signal sources and can be controlled wirelessly. Does this exist, and if so, what suggestions are out there?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
In the Denon and Marantz lineup there is the Denon 3313CI and the Marantz SR7007 and AV7701 all of which are 3 Zone units, although the 3rd zone would require an external 2CH amp (or one of your current receivers). They each also have Zone 2 (HDMI) such that an independent HDMI (audio/video) signal could be sent to another AVR or TV as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.