Can't access Dolby PLII Music or other music modes!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I've had the 7007 for a couple of days and I love it so far. However, I cannot, no matter how many menu selections I've made, get the thing to play Pro logic MUSIC or any other sound field. I can click on Dolby PLII movie, but no music mode. Surround Parameters is highlighted but there are no choices other than Home Theater EQ on or off. It's Saturday so I can't call Marantz. This is really starting to piss me off. Why is this buried??
Any help would be great.

'That sure is a nice record player you got there...'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Okay, thanks to Matt at Magnolia in Webster, I've been able to access the menu. I can't find this in the owner's manual but apparently you press and HOLD the Music button to bring up a drop down menu. This doesn't seem intuitive at all but at least I found it. It says to press the button on page 77...I pressed it. It doesn't say HOLD until the menu comes up. This kind of thing can drive a guy crazy.
But, I will say this 7007 sounds really clean and smooth with my B&W 603 S3 speakers and surrounds. The bass to my SVS sub is tight and clean as well. Blows my previous Denon away.

'That sure is a nice record player you got there...'
post #3 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 01:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dssquared View Post

I can't find this in the owner's manual but apparently you press and HOLD the Music button to bring up a drop down menu.

An addendum that may (or may not) be of interest to some is that i programmed a Harmony Remote 670 with the music and movie buttons, but holding it down on the Harmony apparently doesn't have the same effect. At least for me, on the 6007. I need to use the remote that came with the Marantz to change the music and movie modes.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 1757
p. 75 Owner's manual ....

The 7007 uses the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT vs. only MulTEQ on your old 2307.

Also note there is a dedicated thread for 7007 Owners where you may find more helpful information .....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1420942/marantz-sr7007-av-receiver-owners-thread/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page