Onkyo TX-NR807 Problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get the 807 to not sound like crap using any of it's surround modes? I recently took the plunge and bought GoldenEar Triton Two, 60C, 3C setup. These replaced Paradigm Monitor 7s v2, cc-350v2, mini-monitorv2 and a ps1000. These are connected to a Rotel RB985MKII amp and am using the Onkyo TX-807NR as the processor. When it's using Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master Audio it's great, but on regular TV or using Apple TV using any one of the multiple sound modes it sounds very muffled in the center and very very poor dynamic range. It sounds better if I use Pure, Direct or Stereo but still no where near as good as it should.

I changed the crossover for the center and surrounds to 120Hz with no subwoofer, turned off Audyssy EQ to no avail. Not sure how to fix this but am really unhappy. I don't want to have to drop more $$ on a new processor. Any thoughts would be very appreciated!

ETA So I have done some more troubleshooting. Switched the L/C/R to the Onkyo for amplification instead of using the Rotel, no noticeable difference. I have swapped the 60c for one of the 3C and no noticeable difference.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr807
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page