Pioneer VSX-1122-k not showing image when channel changed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is inceredibly annnoying. Every time i change a channel in DirecTV the screen goes blank and the volume goes out but comes back on but the TV stays blank. I have the DirecTV and BluRay running through the VSX then out to a Sharp Aquos 70" 3D. All of the sudden this started happenning. If I undo the HDMI going into the TV and re-plug it, a little box comes up on the top right of the TV and the screen turns back on after about 10 seconds. when I watch something on the DVR it transfers over fine. I tried replacing the HDMI cables, twice. What's even weirder is went away for a week and came back and for 2 days everything worked fine. I think it's a setting with the Receiver, but it might be something with the DirecTV receiver or even the TV. Any suggestions before I call a A/V guy and waste $100????? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Probably just the Pioneer avr. Mine used to have similar issues (hdmi handshake issues so to speak, different tv and bluray player but very similar behavior) until the Pioneer (VSX919) hdmi connectivity completely crapped out after only two years.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-06-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the input. Was thinking of maybe setting up the entire system over from scratch and see if that helps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page