Multi zone system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a multi zone system in my pub, I need a number of inputs for cd, mp3, tv, microphone etc, I would like to feed 4 pairs of speakers in different areas of the pub, I will always be playing the same thing on all speakers but I need to be able to adjust the volume to each of the pairs of speakers from a central location.

I'm on a tight budget has any one got any thoughts about the easiest /cheapest way to set this up?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give

Smurfster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2013, 05:40 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 1525
Most any low budget level AVR or 2CH stereo receiver would meet your goal, just depends on whether you want it to be a networking model (eg. Pandora, Spotify, internet radio, SiriusXM, Airplay) which would also allow you to control it via a smart phone or not have networking. For volume control, you could connect a 4 zone switch (see below) to the FL/FR speaker posts and then connect your 4 sets of speakers to the switch. Volume control to the speakers would of course be manual with this switch although "much" more expensive switches can be purchased that could be controlled via smart phone as well.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=8232&CAWELAID=1329456295&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CMqCtvWFtrYCFQ7znAoduHwAiw

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the feedback jdsmoothie, I hadn't realised that you could get speaker switches with volume control. I don't need networking so I guess a basic amp will do. I'll probably go for basic speakers something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adastra-Bc4-b-4-Stereo-Speakers-Hifi-Wall-Mount-70W-PA-Black-Pair-100-902UK-/281033040973?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Speakers_Monitor&hash=item416edfe44d

unless anyone can suggest a better option? Do I need to be looking for a particular wattage on the amp? Does it need to be fairly powerful as the output to the speakers is split 4 ways?
post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 1525
Nah ... for your likely background level only audio, any model should work just fine as the impedance matching feature of the switch will ensure the speakers work properly.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page