Help with my new Denon AVR-2112ci - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-06-2013, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys; I have a quick question about my new Denon AVR 2113ci that I have; hopefully someone can provide a bit of advice. Here's my setup:

Denon receiver <--> HDMI out to ARC port on Samsung UN55F8000
Rogers Nextbox --> SAT/CBL hdmi input
Denon receiver --> Goldenear soundbar and subwoofer

Actually, everything is working fine. Surprisingly, even the ARC functionality with hdmi control is going well. The receiver passes the video signal through to the display and also outputs the sound properly on my speakers.

The problem I am experiencing happens when I turn off the TV. Because of the hdmi control, the receiver also turns off, which is good! When I turn the tv back on, the receiver come back to life as well; also good. However, once the system comes back on, I cannot get video or sound coming through the CBL/SAT until I switch away from that source (I.e. to DVD or aux) and switch back; at which point everything starts to work again. It's not a huge deal I suppose, but slightly annoying. I don't want to switch away and back to that input every time my receiver lower cycles.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks very much in advance!

Flocons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 06:18 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1356 Post(s)
Liked: 1595
Title says 2112CI but your post says 2113CI so not sure if you have the 2112CI or 2113CI; however, there are Owner's threads for both models linked in my sig where you can get more helpful information about your model. The answer is the same for either model .... in that when you use ARC, the AVR will always switch to the "TV" source when you first turn the AVR ON. To avoid this issue, either "Hide" the TV source name in the AVR settings or better yet, either disable ARC (Anynet+) or connect to the non-ARC HDMI input on the TV and connect an optical cable from the TV to the AVR which will likely provide better audio quality as it can pass DD 5.1 (eg. Netflix movies) whereas many ARC connections can only pass stereo 2.0 audio.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks so much for the response! I actually have the 2113ci - I actually don't mind if the receiver switched itself to TV when it powers on . I just want the source to work! Also, I actually seem to be getting a DTS signal when using plex through my smart hub; at least my receiver reports it being DTS, and also DD when the source material is in DD.

Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page