Marantz AV7005 HDMI handshake issue with Macbook Pro after Pandora Update - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-08-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The issue that I am having with my Marantz AV7005 started after the most recent 'Pandora' update. I used to connect the HDMI output of my MacBook to the front panel input of my AV7005 and it would immediately appear under the Audio section of my MacBook as an output option. Now when I connect my MacBook, nothing. It does not show up under output. If I unplug that cable and plug it directly into my TV, the output option appears instantly, which indicates to me that this isn't a Mac issue. If I assign the front panel Toslink to that input and connect that cable to the Mac, audio does come through.

Is anyone having issues with HDMI handshake on their AV7005 since the Pandora update?

I am aware of the large number of posts on-line about regarding audio output via HDMI from a Macbook Pro, specifically that you must access to the MIDI settings to configure properly. I make that point because I'm sure the Mac is configured correctly.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page