Buying tomorrow but need your advice!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been out of the loop for the last 3 years but the untimely death of my Onkyo receiver (no more Onkyo for me thank you) has put me back into the market. I would like to spend up to $450 on a decent 5:1 or 7:1 AV receiver and have narrowed it down to the following refrub units at Accessories4less:

Denon AVR 1913 - $319
AVR 2112ci - $369.95
AVR 2113ci - $399.00
AVR 3310 - $429.00

I currently have the following
Samsung 52" TV
Apple TV
Tivo Premier
Samsung Blueray DVD
Xbox 360

This is playing thru old KEF floor speakers (20 years old) a KEF center speaker, 2 built in rear speakers and a 10 yr. old M&K subwoofer. Musical taste tends to run from classic rock to jazz and classical. I do my share of streaming audio and video but don't know if I need airplay on my receiver since I got the Apple TV. Yes I know I should update but I am married with two high school kids who will be going to college in a couple of years - need I say more?

I could really use your advise and suggestions and I'm open to other brands as long as they are not Onkyo. Any help would certainly be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I'll assume you're looking at Accessories4less?

Go with 2112 or 2113. Both have Audyssey MultEQ XT.

Since the 2113 has free shipping the price difference between the two will be minimal. Go with the 2113 since it has a couple added features.

The 3310 can't pass a 3D video signal, not sure if that matters to you and it drops down to Audyssey MultEQ instead of XT. 3310 doesn't have Airplay either if you have any Apple devices.

Afro GT
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
As suggested above, the 2112CI or 2113CI would be your best bets of this bunch. Review post #2 in each the Denon XX12 and Denon XX13 Owner's threads to learn the differences between the two models. In addition to the 3310CI having the lower version of Audyssey, a lot of units were also shipped with a defective network card which have been replaced under warranty upon failure; however, unless the unit's network card failed prior to being refurbished, it most ilkely was not replaced and potentially could fail in the future. Note also that for roughly $75 more you could also get a brand new 2113CI by "calling" one of several "authorized" resellers to include avscience.com, Electronics Expo, and Paul's TV which would increase the warranty from 1 year (refurb) to 3 years (new), although check with your credit card issuer, as they may add an additional year going either way.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Appreciate your response and info - I went with the 2113 CI and should be getting next week via Accessories4.less. Looking forward to playing with it and learning more about this reciever.

Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-13-2013, 02:41 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
You'll likely want to consider an extended warranty from AC4L as well as they are fairly inexpensive. Also be sure to review posts #3-6 in the 2012 Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig for additional helpful setup/troubleshooting information. Also, as is the case when receiving any unit other than unit, you'll want to reset the microprocessor (see post #5 in the Owner's thread) as the first step to ensure all settings are restored to factory default.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page