Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 133
April 16, 2013
Buena Park, Calif. — Yamaha unveiled the two opening-price models in its step-up Aventage series of A/V receivers (AVR) and brought Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) connections to the series for the first time.

Like the two models they replace, the $699-suggested RX-A730 and $899 RX-A830 are 7.2-channel networked models with vTuner Internet radio, Pandora, Rhapsody, AirPlay, DLNA, and optional Bluetooth and Wi-Fi dongles. Also like their predecessors, they feature 4K by 2K passthrough and up-scaling from analog and HDMI sources.

The 7x110-watt RX-A830 will be available in stores in May, and the 7x105-watt RX-A730 will be available in April.

Their MHL connection enables an MHL-equipped smartphone to display its user interface and HD video on a connected TV. The phone will also stream 7.1-channel surround sound to the AVR. The MHL connection will charge the smartphone and enable navigation of the smartphone’s UI via the AVR’s remote.

Aventage (AV ENTertainment New AGE) receivers and Blu-ray players were first launched in 2010 and are said to offer stepped-up attention to engineering detail and many engineering refinements to "achieve peak performance at affordable price points.” All Aventage AVRs, for example, use “carefully selected, high-quality parts to achieve optimum audio performance,” the company has said. The parts include an Anti-Resonance Technology (ART) — a fifth foot at the bottom of the AVRs to improve structural rigidity, thus reducing distortion-causing vibration from the power transformer, power transistors, heat sinks and from sound emanating from speakers, the company explained. Similarly, aluminum front panels offer sonic benefits by reducing electrical current distortion from other system components, the company said. Aventage AVR prices extend up to a suggested $2,199.

The latest two Aventage models continue to offer a dialog-lift feature to place dialog at the center of the viewing screen, and both continue to offer a dialog level adjustment that lets listeners fine-tune the relative volume level of human voices compared to the level of sound effects and music delivered by the center channel.

Both also continue to offer Cinema DSP 3D Surround modes and Virtual Presence Speaker technology, which adds a pair of virtual front-height channels. Silent Cinema delivers 7.1 channel surround sound through any set of headphones. Both also integrate with multiple home-control systems and feature two-zone audio capability.

Like last year, Zone B HDMI out starts at $899 to provide simultaneous HDTV viewing in a main room and in a secondary room.

The $899 model, besides adding more power and Zone B HDMI out to the $699 model’s capabilities, also adds Party Mode, which lets users power on all zones and play content from a single source to all zones by pressing a button.

The $899 model also adds powered zone 2, RS-232C interface and YPAO Reflected Sound Control (RSC) room correction with multipoint measurement in up to eight locations to widen the sweet spot. The $699 model corrects for a room’s acoustics based on a microphone positioned at one spot.

Both models are compatible with the free Yamaha AV Controller app for Apple iOS, Android and Amazon Kindle Fire devices to deliver full AVR control. The apps includes Music Play functionality to enable AVR playback of music stored on smartphones and tablets.

Both also feature front-panel USB inputs that charge iPods, iPhones and iPads and capture their stored music in digital PCM form. The USB inputs can also be used to play music from portable storage and other compatible devices.

Both models also decode WAV 192/24, MP3, WMA, AAC and FLAC 192/24 from a PC or DLNA-enabled server and other devices.

Other features of the two AVRs include FullHD Audio decoding, HDMI 1.4a with 3D support and audio return channel, compressed music enhancer to improve the sound quality of compressed music, and video direct mode, which bypasses the receiver’s video processing chips to speed up video by two frames per second and eliminates distracting delays to play action.

For one-touch AVR startup, the two models have four programmable Scene buttons (for BD/DVD, TV, Internet and radio), which activate the receiver's appropriate inputs and other settings, including surround modes, for the selected source.

Just my $0.02... 👍😉
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Also like previous years, there are two very significant differences between the RX-A7x0 and RX-A8x0.

1) The 800 series has pre-outs that the 700 series lacks.

2) The 800 series has 2 HDMI outs as opposed to 1 for the 700 series.

David
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 AM

Liked: 10
Does the RX-A730 have the HQV Vida video processor? It says that the RX-A3020 has the HQV Vida processor in the product specs and features, but looking at the A730 it lists nothing about the processor that is in it...only that it upscales, etc.

I am asking because I have the Oppo BD-103 and wondering if I should connect my cable box to one of the HDMI Inputs on the oppo for enhanced video quality or if the A730 would have the same quality of video processor as the Oppo

Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
In previous years only the Yamaha RX-A20x0 and RX-A-30x0 had the HQV Vida chip, so this year I assume only the RX-A2030 and RX-A3030 will.

I don't like the quality of the upscaling of my HQV-less Yamaha receiver so I don't use it. I disable video processing completely so it just passes through video unaltered and let my TV do the upscaling.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 110
RX-A3030, RX-A2030, and RX-A1030 pictures|details on French website...

http://www.hdfever.fr/2013/05/27/yamaha-rx-a3030/

http://www.hdfever.fr/2013/05/27/yamaha-rx-a2030/

http://www.hdfever.fr/2013/05/27/yamaha-rx-a1030/
_

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 35
This info suggests that Yamaha may have dropped the HQV Scaler............hopefully that is not true.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

The information given contradicts itself in a few different places, so I wouldn't put much trust in it.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:41 PM

First Infos about the new Yamaha AV Preamp/Poweramp CX-A5000/MX-A5000:

http://radioparts.com.au/Files/fb/Aventage_MXA5000_CXA5000.pdf
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Advanced Member

Man that would be cool if they would put XT32 on that CX-A5000! If they don't put a state of the art room correction system on that pre-amp .......... then I don't see the point........like what are they trying to compete against then?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post

This info suggests that Yamaha may have dropped the HQV Scaler............hopefully that is not true.

RX-A3030, RX-A2030, and RX-A1030 now appear on the Yamaha USA website.
_

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

Old 05-28-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post

Man that would be cool if they would put XT32 on that CX-A5000! If they don't put a state of the art room correction system on that pre-amp .......... then I don't see the point........like what are they trying to compete against then?

Yamaha will never put XT32 on their Preamps or Receivers.

Yamaha has YPAO.

If i don't like the result of the measurement, there is no way to correct that on Audyssey.
And that is a great benefit of YPAO.

Yamaha has dropped the HQV.
Rumors say, that IDT has stopped the production of the HQV.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

I have used YAPO on three or four Yamaha receivers that I owned and it does not work as well for me as Aud XT or XT32.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Then don't buy a Yamaha receiver or pre-pro. Yamaha undoubtably considers YPAO state of the art and so isn't going to pay money to licence someone else's implementation.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:57 PM

Liked: 12
JKR1963, what's your room like? I ask because I am trying to upgrade my receiver at the moment (from old rx-v2200 to something like a820/30, a1020/30) and am trying to figure how much YPAO will do for me. I like my old yammy but wondering if I should get into the audyssey camp with denon/onkyo.... hrm
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member