Denon DRA-395 to computer - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Denon DRA-395 to computer
farbus14's Avatar farbus14 02:27 PM 04-19-2013
I have a Denon DRA-395 receiver. It is connected to a turntable and a tape deck. I want to connect the output to my computer in order to transfer my LPs and tapes to CD. I know that I need to send it into the microphone input on the computer. Which output jacks on the receiver will allow me to accomplish this?

jevans64's Avatar jevans64 03:10 PM 04-19-2013
I'd probably use the CDR/Tape output, which is at the bottom of the ins/outs panel.

With the computer, you will need some type of software that records the mic input and saves the file to WAV. From there you can use something like Audacity ( free Windows software ) to edit and convert to CDA or burn to a CD. You can even use Audacity to record the audio then tweak it, get rid of pops, and then convert to whatever format you need. I would just convert to FLAC and burn those files to an archive CD, or better yet, a DVD-R or BD-R.
farbus14's Avatar farbus14 03:58 PM 04-19-2013
I made the connection. It works, but I get a very low input level on the recording software. I'm using Golden Records.
jevans64's Avatar jevans64 12:38 AM 04-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbus14 View Post

I made the connection. It works, but I get a very low input level on the recording software. I'm using Golden Records.

Not familiar with Golden Records. I'd check your AVRs menu to see if it is possible to boost the gain on that output. You might also have to go into your computer's audio control panel and turn the gain all the way up.
Up
Mobile  Desktop