Upgrading To A New Receiver And Need Advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have an old cambridge audio azur540r reciever which has been great and the sound quality is outstanding ive found. However, I am looking to upgrade to a more powerful 5.1 receiver with at least 140w per channel as all my speakers are fairly large. I considered getting a 7.1 and bi amping the front speakers but is this really worth the extra cost?

I have found the denon AVR x1000 that comes out in may to be a very good looking unit at a very reasonable price. I would like the reciever to have multeq xt so this is why i am thinking this one. Any advice at all would be much appreciated my budget is 500 pounds.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone?
post #3 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Not many receivers will be able to deliver that amount of power into five channels let alone two channels that would meet your budget. Denon's new "X" receivers are just rebrands of their existing xx13ci models. The power output will be the same but there might be a few more streaming apps and maybe a bump in room correction.

The power specs on Denon's AVRs have been poorly-stated for at least 5 years now. They are following the trend that HTiBs have been using for a while. I believe the X1000 is going to be equal, power wise, to the AVR-1913. Those ratings are 70 watts x 5 and 52 watts x 7 into 8 Ohms.

I'd look for something a little older, like a Denon AVR-3312ci/3313ci that also has the ability to add external amps. You will probably only get maybe 90 watts x 5 BUT you can add an external amp later on if you have the rack space.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyoung351 View Post

I currently have an old cambridge audio azur540r reciever which has been great and the sound quality is outstanding ive found. However, I am looking to upgrade to a more powerful 5.1 receiver with at least 140w per channel as all my speakers are fairly large. I considered getting a 7.1 and bi amping the front speakers but is this really worth the extra cost?

I have found the denon AVR x1000 that comes out in may to be a very good looking unit at a very reasonable price. I would like the reciever to have multeq xt so this is why i am thinking this one. Any advice at all would be much appreciated my budget is 500 pounds.

Thanks

Hi,

Just a couple of questioons, if you don't mind:

1. Why are so power hungry?
2. What do you mean by "fairly large speakers"? Model no.?
3. What's the size of your room? Care to post a photo or two?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page