Denon 1913 - Defective? No Video At all - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I got my Denon 1913 today from amazon. I was excited to set it up so I plugged in a few hdmi sources and the hdmi out to my tv. Turn everything on. I get a blank screen with just the denon logo. No on-screen guide or anything else. Tried to press buttons on my remote and nothing appeared to do anything (no volume control or source switch or anything). Tried to turn it off and power button did nothing. Unplugged the unit and tried again. Well okay it turned on and didn't lock up this time but no video. At all. Tried to reset the micro and try again. No dice. Tried various combinations / configurations of cables to the tv. tried different inputs on the tv. Nothing.

Tried calling tech support and got a recording about recycling?! (I read online that they are closed atm but reaching support via the number they have online seems like the wrong one? ... I double checked the number and even called their corporate offices and pressed the options to redirect to customer support only to get back to recycling.)

I'm a tad upset that my $500 purchase does absolutely nothing at the moment. Is there a way to reset the micro more deeply or somehow re-out-of-box it? Did I get a total dud of a unit? Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM

Liked: 32
Double check that you have the HDMI out on the unit, connected to the input on the hdtv set, and that you have the proper HDMI input selected on the tv.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Yes I double checked that the hdmi out on the receiver was hooked up to the tv hdmi input (hdmi 1 arc) I also tried hdmi 2 and 2 different cables. I saw the denon splash screen at the very beginning so I would think that I at least had that part hooked up properly
post #4 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Seems you've tried a lot of things....was reading the manual one of them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bowman View Post

So I got my Denon 1913 today from amazon. I was excited to set it up so I plugged in a few hdmi sources and the hdmi out to my tv. Turn everything on. I get a blank screen with just the denon logo. No on-screen guide or anything else. Tried to press buttons on my remote and nothing appeared to do anything (no volume control or source switch or anything). Tried to turn it off and power button did nothing. Unplugged the unit and tried again. Well okay it turned on and didn't lock up this time but no video. At all. Tried to reset the micro and try again. No dice. Tried various combinations / configurations of cables to the tv. tried different inputs on the tv. Nothing.

Tried calling tech support and got a recording about recycling?! (I read online that they are closed atm but reaching support via the number they have online seems like the wrong one? ... I double checked the number and even called their corporate offices and pressed the options to redirect to customer support only to get back to recycling.)

I'm a tad upset that my $500 purchase does absolutely nothing at the moment. Is there a way to reset the micro more deeply or somehow re-out-of-box it? Did I get a total dud of a unit? Any help would be great.

Hello Brian-go to page 146 of your manual; it will tell you how to reset your microprocessor. Resetting the microprocessor will make sure the unit is in the factory "out of box" setting. Plug your HDMI input into the unit HDMI receptacle labled "sat/cable. With your TV monitor connected, via HDMI, to your monitor out receptacle, power up the AVR- you should get something beside the Denon logo. Read the manual for the rest of the installation procedures and adjustments
post #6 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yes I read the manual. I tried resetting the micro as instructed on pg 146 multiple times (power + both source select) and nothing appears to help.

Thanks you guys for trying to help me out!
post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked: 1502
HDMI connections should be plug-n-play. When you reset the microprocessor, did you let the front panel display flash for about 4-5 seconds before releasing the buttons? Also sometimes powering on the devices in a specific order will help mitigate any HDMI handshake issues. Try powering on the TV first, wait a few secs, then power on the 1913, wait a few secs, then power on the source device. On the TV set the HDMI-CEC feature (eg. Anynet+, VierraLink, etc.) to OFF for now.

Review the Denon Troubleshooting Guide linked in my sig for additional helpful information as well as noting there is more helpful information in the 2012 Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread too.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page