RX 773 air play connection (UK) issues with YMA 10 and BT Home Hub 3 issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi
I've just bought a Yamaha RX 773 - sounds fantastic, connects brilliantly with all my HDMI devices via the ARC channel and my phono deck/analogue ipod/cd optical connections. My problem is that I discovered there is no internal wireless network connection with this unit. No problem, I buy the Yamaha YMA 10 wireless connection device. After a while, following the instructions, I connect said device, checking it's working properly by disconnecting the wireless on my macbook pro and connecting the device via the LAN socket - I can get full network and internet connection - and then connecting the YMA 10 to my RX773 via a cat 5 cable and checking the Network Info tab - yes, its connected fine. I then run the internet radio function - works fine - then run Airplay on the amp and then start my iPhone 5 then my iTunes on my Macbook Pro - again, works fine. I then turn the unit off for a couple of hours, come back and turn everything on. I wait for a minute and try and run Airplay from my phone - no connection. Try resetting my router (BT Home Hub 3 for UK readers), no good. Only after unplugging and replugging YMA 10 unit and router does it finally work. Surely, it shouldn't be like that. What am I doing wrong? Is it unreasonable to expect several hundred pounds worth of kit to wirelessley connect again once I have got it to work following Yamaha's instructions?
Router is WPA/WPA2 AES encription. The Amp seems to connect thorough the network no problem, even if Airplay isn't working. GGGGRRRR!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarn View Post

Hi
I've just bought a Yamaha RX 773 - sounds fantastic, connects brilliantly with all my HDMI devices via the ARC channel and my phono deck/analogue ipod/cd optical connections. My problem is that I discovered there is no internal wireless network connection with this unit. No problem, I buy the Yamaha YMA 10 wireless connection device. After a while, following the instructions, I connect said device, checking it's working properly by disconnecting the wireless on my macbook pro and connecting the device via the LAN socket - I can get full network and internet connection - and then connecting the YMA 10 to my RX773 via a cat 5 cable and checking the Network Info tab - yes, its connected fine. I then run the internet radio function - works fine - then run Airplay on the amp and then start my iPhone 5 then my iTunes on my Macbook Pro - again, works fine. I then turn the unit off for a couple of hours, come back and turn everything on. I wait for a minute and try and run Airplay from my phone - no connection. Try resetting my router (BT Home Hub 3 for UK readers), no good. Only after unplugging and replugging YMA 10 unit and router does it finally work. Surely, it shouldn't be like that. What am I doing wrong? Is it unreasonable to expect several hundred pounds worth of kit to wirelessley connect again once I have got it to work following Yamaha's instructions?
Router is WPA/WPA2 AES encription. The Amp seems to connect thorough the network no problem, even if Airplay isn't working. GGGGRRRR!

turn off network standby mode...you wont be able to turn the avr on with the mobile app but it will fix your issue. i have contacted yamaha about the bug and you should too. hopefully they will release a firmware update to address the issue.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Have done this, and it appears to have fixed the issue, although the Yamaha remote app on my iPhone 5 doesnt want to work, however that's not a biggie. Thanks for the help, Mark:)
post #4 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarn View Post

Have done this, and it appears to have fixed the issue, although the Yamaha remote app on my iPhone 5 doesnt want to work, however that's not a biggie. Thanks for the help, Mark:)

No problem!!! smile.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page