Help Please - No sound through Denon1907 mains - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello

I live in Mexico and had someone local come in and reconfigure the signal path to the Denon 1907 (sound from devices now goes through TV and then out via optical cable to Denon), but I was not present to see which buttons were pressed while the tech guy was perhaps experimenting to get the desired result.

Now I have no sound coming through my main (front) speakers, but the software does send a signal to them when using the test tone on Auto Setup.

I have spent some hours on this but with the awful manual I seem to have reached a dead end and Batpig's advice hasn't provided me with a solution I can find either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Fitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Why did you have them reconfigure it? At the very least, each device's audio cable should be connected directly to the 1907 vice to the TV as the TV is likely only providing stereo 2.0 output while the device may provide DD/DTS 5.1 output. Refer to p. 47 of the Owner manual on how to configure the digital inputs.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thx jdsmoothie.

As the cables I'm using are HDMI and I wanted to get a digital signal rather than only analog to the receiver (am using ROKU), it seemed practical to send the signal to the TV first then pass it to the Denon via the optical cable. I seem to be getting the various soundfiled options such as Dolby PLII, Matrix, etc, but the mains are not producing any sound at all.

Is it possible something was configured incorrectly in the Denon's setup software which is telling it not to send a signal to the mains? Speaker wiring is correctly installed and sound was produced through the mains in question during the automatic speaker setup process using the manufacturer's microphone, so that would seem to confirm the amp is capable of sending a signal to them.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page