B&K AVR 507 S2: Thoughts on value/functionality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Context: Been considering a receiver upgrade (mainly looking for better sound quality) and I'd like to stay as cheap as possible. Mostly 2.1 listening right now-but-will be expanding my system to 5.1 very soon. Right now, 70% music with some HT and gaming use.

In the past, I have used a Yamaha HTR-5560 and a Panasonic SA XR25 with my Snell C type IV mains, Snell center, and powered sub in a 15x20 untreated room.

Dilemma: Located a B&K AVR 507 S2 in nice condition and was wondering what kind of value it has. From what I've read, the 507's sound quality seems to be very well regarded with a real world rating of 150Wpc.

I've seen the 507 going for around $500-$600, and I've been wondering what kind of value this piece of equipment would have for me.

Would I be better served looking for something similar to the Pioneer SC 1522K (or another similar unit when a deal can be found) with all the newest bells and whistles, or would the B&K's SQ make it a worthwhile addition? Will I be missing out greatly with no room eq?

Since I would likely have to get a blu-ray player that outputs 5.1 or 7.1 via analog and an hdmi switch-right now I input HDMI to my LG plasma, at what price would the B&K be a good deal?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page