Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrynichus View Post
Hi,

Thanks. I do indeed use this now to control the audio from the Xbox, which I run at the moment with a digital optical cable.

But if start running an HDMI cable through the 1504, that means the Marantz will be receiving audio and video.

So I am wondering what lag the Marantz will introduce to the video signal. I presume there is some; I just don't know much about these details.

Thanks.
Phrynichus,

You might want to try out the Leo Bodnar tester available here: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index....roducts_id=212, which is meant for testing the lag of TV for gaming. If placing the NR1504 into the HDMI chain, there is a likelihood of an increase in the lag.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 787 Old 10-21-2014, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm. Thanks. I've heard of that device. Does anyone know how well it works?

I emailed Marantz. I'll post their response if they give me something good. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Phrynichus,

You might want to try out the Leo Bodnar tester available here: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index....roducts_id=212, which is meant for testing the lag of TV for gaming. If placing the NR1504 into the HDMI chain, there is a likelihood of an increase in the lag.

Samsung UN75F8000 TV
Marantz 1504 AVR, with iPhone 6 Airplay
Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers (5.1)
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Logitech Harmony One (still the best remote Logitech ever made!)
post #783 of 787 Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM

ARC is the Annoying Default on this AVR

Does anyone else have this problem?

My Samsung TV has an HDMI ARC. When I plug that into my 1504, the 1504 ALWAYS tunes to 'TV Audio' when I turn it on.

I have a universal remote that will tell the 1504 to go to BD or CBL/SAT. The 1504 will for a moment, and then go back to TV Audio. Sometimes when I do it manually again, it will jump back again. Wow. Where's the firmware update for that glitch?

In the end, I just gave up. Bummer too, because my TV has apps which I'd like to stream to the 1504. But I am sick of fighting with tuner.

Is there anyway to turn off the 1504's automatic default to TV Audio. I don't know. Thanks

Samsung UN75F8000 TV
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
post #784 of 787 Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Does anyone else have this problem?

My Samsung TV has an HDMI ARC. When I plug that into my 1504, the 1504 ALWAYS tunes to 'TV Audio' when I turn it on.

I have a universal remote that will tell the 1504 to go to BD or CBL/SAT. The 1504 will for a moment, and then go back to TV Audio. Sometimes when I do it manually again, it will jump back again. Wow. Where's the firmware update for that glitch?

In the end, I just gave up. Bummer too, because my TV has apps which I'd like to stream to the 1504. But I am sick of fighting with tuner.

Is there anyway to turn off the 1504's automatic default to TV Audio. I don't know. Thanks
Phrynichus,

There are a number of options available to you. ARC/CEC has caused a number of headaches for users due to each manufacturer doing things their own way. I.e. proprietary design that doesn't work well with the competition. Best not to use it.

(1) Use a non-ARC HDMI input on your TV. This is the simplest. Re-program your universal remote accordingly. Use optical out or RCA analogue out of the TV to the NR-1504 and assign input if you want to get audio out of the TV and play through the receiver.

(2) If you still want to use the ARC enable HMDI input of the TV, disable ARC/CEC on the Samsung TV using it's setting menu. Also check that HDMI Control to OFF on the NR-1504 (see page 129 of the owner's manual).

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #785 of 787 Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Phrynichus,

There are a number of options available to you. ARC/CEC has caused a number of headaches for users due to each manufacturer doing things their own way. I.e. proprietary design that doesn't work well with the competition. Best not to use it.

(1) Use a non-ARC HDMI input on your TV. This is the simplest. Re-program your universal remote accordingly. Use optical out or RCA analogue out of the TV to the NR-1504 and assign input if you want to get audio out of the TV and play through the receiver.

(2) If you still want to use the ARC enable HMDI input of the TV, disable ARC/CEC on the Samsung TV using it's setting menu. Also check that HDMI Control to OFF on the NR-1504 (see page 129 of the owner's manual).

Thanks. Interesting to hear that others have had same issue. In response,

1) This should work, but of course, adds one more cord. Bummer.

2) I think CEC has to be enabled in both to get HDMI-ARC. That is my memory when I was running it that way a month ago. I've since dropped it for ease. Does that work for you?

My own sense is that Marantz needs to put this in firmware update.

Thanks

Samsung UN75F8000 TV
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
post #786 of 787 Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

2) I think CEC has to be enabled in both to get HDMI-ARC. That is my memory when I was running it that way a month ago. I've since dropped it for ease. Does that work for you?

My own sense is that Marantz needs to put this in firmware update.

Thanks
For item 2, will check once I return back home.

The problem isn't just with Marantz, but all manufacturers of CEC equipment. Marantz wont have any interest in fixing other peoples problems.

post #787 of 787 Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Quote:
For item 2, will check once I return back home.

The problem isn't just with Marantz, but all manufacturers of CEC equipment. Marantz wont have any interest in fixing other peoples problems.
I think that is right. If I turn on the Marantz to listen to radio, without turning on the TV, it does not default to TV Audio.

But every time I turn on the TV, bang, the 1504 jumps to TV Audio.

Hmm. Kinda tangly. Anyway, this is why I gave up. And besides, ARC still doesn't pass HD audio, so it's more like an extra than a replacement.

Samsung UN75F8000 TV
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Nr1604 Slim Line 7 1 Network Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page