post #841 of 854 Old 12-05-2014, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrynichus View Post
So I could stream music with no trouble from my iPhone to my Marantz 1504 until recently. And I still can from my PC to my Marantz.

But when I try from my phone now, it hangs for bitm then the Marantz display screen says 'Connecting...', then 'Assigning...'. Then it fails entirely and goes to the generic network screen,

I can't say that this happened exactly when I downloaded iOS 8.1.1, but this behavior did crop up afterward.

Did this happen to anyone? Is there are solution - other then to wait for iOS 8.2?

Thank you.
I am having this exact same problem with an NR1604 receiver and an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1.1. Glad to see I'm not the only one, but sad that this is happening because airplay support is one of my favorite features. I'm confident it's an issue with the iOS device and not the receiver or the network setup. If I airplay to my apple TV it works fine, but airplay direct to the receiver does not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 854 Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've also tested an iPad 4 with iOS 8.1.1, and regular iPhone 6 on 8.1.1. I'm convinced it's iOS because iTunes running on my Macbook Pro running OSX Yosemite still works over airplay with no issues.
post #843 of 854 Old 12-06-2014, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Webber View Post
I've also tested an iPad 4 with iOS 8.1.1, and regular iPhone 6 on 8.1.1. I'm convinced it's iOS because iTunes running on my Macbook Pro running OSX Yosemite still works over airplay with no issues.

Oh thank god someone else has this problem. I'm sorry you have it of course, but relieved to know that it is occurring elsewhere and so likely not due to a local hardware failure.

So you get this error with both an iPad 4 and an iPhone 6, with both on iOS 8.1.1? But when you run iTunes from your computer, AirPlay works correctly. And AirPlay from your mobile devices was working fine before 8.1.1, right?

This is exactly my situation. So I'd say it is almost certainly due to 8.1.1. Don't bother restoring your phone and all the other time-consuming stuff I did.

And yes, like you AirPlay support was one of the big reasons I got the 1504. Not being able to stream my Christmas playlists this month is a big bummer. Apple's software this year has been downright sloppy.

Samsung UN75F8000 TV
Marantz 1504 AVR, with iPhone 6 Airplay
Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers (5.1)
Xbox One
Playstation 3
Logitech Harmony One (still the best remote Logitech ever made!)
post #844 of 854 Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dropping Volume on DirecTV

I have the NR 1604 and totally love. Unfortunately, for the past week or so I've noticed that when watching DirecTV that the volume dips by about half for almost 2-3 seconds and returns to the set level. I don't know if it's a problem with the receiver or with DirecTV. Is anyone else having this issue or heard of it happening?
post #845 of 854 Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2137 Post(s)
Liked: 1783
^^
Are you using Dynamic Volume? Try setting it OFF and see if the issue still presents.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #846 of 854 Old 12-08-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Webber View Post
Quote:
Oh thank god someone else has this problem. I'm sorry you have it of course, but relieved to know that it is occurring elsewhere and so likely not due to a local hardware failure.

So you get this error with both an iPad 4 and an iPhone 6, with both on iOS 8.1.1? But when you run iTunes from your computer, AirPlay works correctly. And AirPlay from your mobile devices was working fine before 8.1.1, right?

This is exactly my situation. So I'd say it is almost certainly due to 8.1.1. Don't bother restoring your phone and all the other time-consuming stuff I did.

And yes, like you AirPlay support was one of the big reasons I got the 1504. Not being able to stream my Christmas playlists this month is a big bummer. Apple's software this year has been downright sloppy.
Over at the Denon thread, other owners are experiencing similar problems with iOS device running 8.1.1. here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post29700721

So it looks like you guys are not alone with this problem.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #847 of 854 Old 12-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Are you using Dynamic Volume? Try setting it OFF and see if the issue still presents.
Thanks, just turned it off and will monitor to see if the issue persists.
post #848 of 854 Old 12-10-2014, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
What is "Source Level" ?

Hi,

Under the Input Setup menu, what is "Source Level"? What does it do? Thank you.

Samsung UN75F8000 TV
Marantz 1504 AVR, with iPhone 6 Airplay
Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers (5.1)
Xbox One
Playstation 3
Logitech Harmony One (still the best remote Logitech ever made!)
post #849 of 854 Old 12-15-2014, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hoping someone can help with this problem I'm having with getting DTS output on Blu Rays through the Marantz NR1604.

My main Blu Ray player is a Denon DBT 1713UD - playback through this is perfect. Any Blu Ray with a DTS soundtrack plays in DTS.

However, I cannot get either my Playstation 4 or Toshiba Player to output in DTS. This is a problem because my Toshiba player is what I use for locked R1 discs, and my PS4 is just a back up - handy at the moment as my Denon player is currently in the repair shop!

Bizarrely, the PS4 will output in DTS if I'm playing a game or streaming from Amazon.

Any help appreciated - puzzled and frustrated here!

Thanks,
Tony
post #850 of 854 Old 12-15-2014, 02:13 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Hi,

Under the Input Setup menu, what is "Source Level"? What does it do? Thank you.
You'll notice some sources will be louder than others at the same master volume. This setting allows you to adjust the level of each source (+/-) such that at any given master volume, all sources would be the same.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #851 of 854 Old 12-15-2014, 03:42 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyda View Post
Hoping someone can help with this problem I'm having with getting DTS output on Blu Rays through the Marantz NR1604.

My main Blu Ray player is a Denon DBT 1713UD - playback through this is perfect. Any Blu Ray with a DTS soundtrack plays in DTS.

However, I cannot get either my Playstation 4 or Toshiba Player to output in DTS. This is a problem because my Toshiba player is what I use for locked R1 discs, and my PS4 is just a back up - handy at the moment as my Denon player is currently in the repair shop!

Bizarrely, the PS4 will output in DTS if I'm playing a game or streaming from Amazon.

Any help appreciated - puzzled and frustrated here!

Thanks,
Tony
Ensure the BDPs are set to "bitstream" with Secondary Audio/Mix set to OFF. On the PS4, ensure all all audio boxes are checked.
Tonyda likes this.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #852 of 854 Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you - worked!
post #853 of 854 Old Today, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Pre-out - how do I activate it?

I m trying to hook up my harmon kardon power amp to the pre amp outputs as described in the manual on page 90.

But the two fronts are silent! Do I need to activate pre-amp in settings?
post #854 of 854 Old Today, 02:02 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Nope. But you do need to power on the external amp and connect the speakers to it as well.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Nr1604 Slim Line 7 1 Network Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page