3313 Output to "Old" Panasonic TH-AE100 projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Before my question I wanted to say this forum is wonderful and has been great in helping me come to grips with my new 3313 so thanks to all of you!!!

Happy but still coming to grips with the new setup and I can't seem to find the answer for this question in the doco or forum (or maybe I have but don't like what I see?). I am still setting things up temporarily and wont complete until I move soon into a new home and make it more a permanent and complete setup in a few months.

Currently, I have cable (Foxtel IQ) and Samsung 700 Series TV and Samsung Blu-ray connected to the 3313 via HDMI and all works perfectly so far.
With my older setup I had the TV setup connected to a Yamaha AV receiver via RCA video with a switch to reroute the video to a Panasonic TH-AE100 projector (yes, it is old!). That setup worked fine for TV, cable and PS2/3 etc.

Now I intend using the projector in a 2nd zone which will actually be a cafe under our new home when we get there.
For the moment though, I am trying to set it up at the current home using the existing RCA cable from the projector to the Video Out Monitor connector on the 3313 as suggested in the Denon doco. Result is no signal on any projector source? Do I need to make a setting change on the 3313 as I can't find anything specific? Maybe also, it's not possible as the 3313 doco suggests the system will not convert HDMI to analog which sorta makes sense but hey, I'm a technical neanderthal and thought I'd give it a go anyway. confused.gif

Remembering the end game is getting the projector running in Zone 2 (with a pretty long cable run) off HDMI sources, can someone confirm for me or suggest how I might (easily) get the Panasonic dinosaur working? It also has Component video support up to 1080i, S-Video and PC D-SUB HD 15pin input.
Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
There is no HDMI ---> analog conversion and only HDMI 1-6 can pass through the Zone 2 (HDMI) output so you would need to either upgrade to an HDMI PJ or connect a component video cable from each video source to the AVR and then another component video cable from the Monitor/Zone 2 output to the PJ and then set the "Component Video Out" setting to "Zone 2" (p. 122 OM). You can also use a composite video in/out from each source as noted on p. 7 in the Owner's manual.

Also note there is a dedicate thread for Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's linked in my sig. Review posts #3-6 in that thread for additional helpful information, especially the section on Zone 2.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

There is no HDMI ---> analog conversion and only HDMI 1-6 can pass through the Zone 2 (HDMI) output so you would need to either upgrade to an HDMI PJ or connect a component video cable from each video source to the AVR and then another component video cable from the Monitor/Zone 2 output to the PJ and then set the "Component Video Out" setting to "Zone 2" (p. 122 OM). You can also use a composite video in/out from each source as noted on p. 7 in the Owner's manual.

Also note there is a dedicate thread for Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's linked in my sig. Review posts #3-6 in that thread for additional helpful information, especially the section on Zone 2.

Thanks for the information. My suspicions are confirmed. I wanted to get away from all the cabling I have had so getting the old "Flyscreen Panasonic" running with the new system doesn't seem to be such a great idea anymore and a "cheap" plasma Monitor is probably the best idea now.
Thanks also for the info on the dedicated thread.

cheers,
Andrew
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page