AVR with built-in wireless for speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone!

For some time now I've been thinking of acquiring a surround sound system for my home. Been recently digging in these forums and I have to say they're amazing, and I've learnt a lot about the possibilities I have to accomplish this. First I thought about getting a HTiB, but then I jumped to the idea of a more custom solution, getting an AVR and speakers separately, since I was planning to invest some money on this. Having this in mind, I have one question I haven't been able to answer myself regarding the rear speakers. I have to say I don't like wires, and for the rear speakers is too much of a hassle to have them running through the middle of the room, so I'd like them to be wireless. I know there are addons/converters you connect to the AVR and the speakers to make them wireless, but I was wondering if there was an AVR with a buil-in wireless solution for this, as well as speakers, so I wouldn't have to use these kind of converters.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 139
AFAIK no. You cannot send amplifier level signals to drive speakers wirelessly anyway. You will need powered speakers if you go wireless
post #3 of 5 Old 05-01-2013, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What do you mean by "powered speakers"? Could you post me a link to some model so I can check it out?
post #4 of 5 Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42
You're pretty much stuck with the add-on converters. I've researched this quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that it's not quite ready for prime time. There's hope with the new WISA wireless standard (witness Aperions $3k 5.1 wireless system). WISA has a lot of big name mfg's on board, and they say that more products should roll out by years end.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-01-2013, 04:14 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
The Aperion wireless speakers were recommended awhile back by AVSForum founder David Bott.

http://www.aperionaudio.com/speakers/wireless-speakers?gclid=CMy1vIuE9rYCFcuh4Aod8QkAjg

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page