Help, Onkyo TX-SR607 is randomly shutting off. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My Onkyo TX-SR607 has started shutting off randomly, it has happened while watching Cable TV as well as Blu-ray. There is no consistency to it at all I can watch Transformers 3 on BRD with the volume at 40 with no issue but twice while watching Snow White and the Huntsman on BRD it shut off at the same scene (an arrow hitting the outside of a tent) with the volume at 35.Today it went off while my wife was a hour into watching Ice Age 3 on cable. I'm running Monoprice HDMI cables, speaker and sub cables, and wall jacks. I'm running the full 7:2 and all of the speakers and both subs are working fine. I've got a $150 Polk special from Best Buy and the small Boston Acoustic HS series sub which are both turned to the lower side of their volumes, The unit doesn't seem to be running any hotter that it has before and I haven't introduced any new equipment or settings. I'm out of ideas, so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It now turns on but there is no output at all no matter which source is used. Looks like I've got a new paper weight.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr607 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page