Onkyo TX-NR727, 626, 525 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 372 Old 03-30-2014, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried all those sound fields using all three settings on the Xbox. Uncompressed 5.1, DTS, and Dolby Digital. With the same outcome for all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 372 Old 03-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Liked: 26
What cable are you using to output your sound? optical or HDMI?
It could be there is a setting to allow dolby digitla to be output and it is not enabled on your xbox
post #273 of 372 Old 03-30-2014, 12:16 PM

HDMI.

And I've made sure to check all of that on the Xbox. There are settings for it.
post #274 of 372 Old 03-30-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post

HDMI.

And I've made sure to check all of that on the Xbox. There are settings for it.

Hi Moose1988, if Onkyo HDMI Control if set to "On" try turning if "Off" then power off and on the receiver.

Also on the XOne try going back into HDMI Audio menu and select "Stereo" and then reselect "5.1" or "7.1" or "DTS" (could also try backing out of HDMI Audio menu after selecting Stereo then going back in to select other option).
post #275 of 372 Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I recently got an XBOX One. TV (Samsung UN55F6300) and my Onkyo TX-NR626 are set up on the Xbox to be controlled through the Xbox. 

The TV and receiver both power on and off when power the Xbox on or off like they should and the volume commands do transfer from the Xbox to the receiver so almost everything is working fine on that end.

The only issue I am having right now is that when I power on the Xbox, the receiver and the TV both power on as they should but the receiver automatically switches to the TV/CD which I use when I need sound directly from the TV via ARC on HDMI1.  Is it possible to have the receiver automatically go to the "Game" HDMI input which the Xbox is plugged in to?

90% of the time I use the Xbox as the primary source of whatever I am watching so it is fairly annoying to have to change the input on the receiver to "Game" every time I power the system on.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

bajajr likes this.
post #276 of 372 Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 AM

Hi Moose,

This is the same kind of problem that I am having and it seems to be when a signal is transmitted in PCM2.0 or Dolby 2.0. I have tried all manner of settings and have narrowed it down to the base seems to dissapear. The sound is upscaled using the Dolby PLII or Neo but randomly drops the base so it sounds like the sound is cutting out.

I had my 626 sent for repair but came back with no problems found. This  only happens on the 2.0 stuff. 5.1etc works fine.

Really frustrated with it.

post #277 of 372 Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 AM

LARGE or SMALL?

Just got an Onkyo TX-NR727, ran Audyssey and had a question on speakers.

Audyssey (the company) has stated that lows/bass should be handled by the subwoofer, and speakers should be set to "Small". With my Denon previously it would set all speakers to large. After running Audyssey, I would set my speakers to small and it would be fine.

Now with my NR727 there is no setting like this. Ideally I would like to try setting my speakers to small and using my sub for bass. I ran Audyssey and have the feeling that all my speakers are set to large.

I know there is a frequency rolloff that can be set manually but am not sure how/where to do this.

Any suggestions?

Or should I just keep the Audyssey settings as is and not worry about the speaker frequency and/or size?

Thanks!!

Frank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Producer/Director
post #278 of 372 Old 04-04-2014, 07:52 AM

The settings are full band which is large. Any other coffee means you're seeing a crossover which means they are "small"

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
post #279 of 372 Old 04-04-2014, 08:02 AM

Not sure what you mean..it defaults to large? How do I change to small?

??

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Producer/Director
post #280 of 372 Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 PM

switch it fro full band to a crossover number the you are effectively on small
post #281 of 372 Old 04-12-2014, 02:07 AM

hello guys ..

i really need help for how to disable th 3D in onkyo NR626 ..

thx :)

post #282 of 372 Old 04-12-2014, 04:18 AM

I'm not sure you can, however, most 3D discs normally ask if you want to play it in 2D or 3D.  Does yours not do this?

post #283 of 372 Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 AM

Woot has the Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2 for $289.99, reconditioned.  http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-7-2ch-a-v-receiver-w-wi-fi-bluetooth-8?ref=cnt_dly_img

post #284 of 372 Old 04-12-2014, 08:23 AM

I recently bought the NR626 from the Woot deal. I'd had an issue with inconsistent audio output when I initially power up the receiver, regardless of the input device. The subwoofer will always receive audio (via the RCA connection), but it's not until the audible "click" occurs once every few power-ups that I get audio to my satellites.

post #285 of 372 Old 04-12-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuaudio27 View Post

I recently bought the NR626 from the Woot deal. I'd had an issue with inconsistent audio output when I initially power up the receiver, regardless of the input device. The subwoofer will always receive audio (via the RCA connection), but it's not until the audible "click" occurs once every few power-ups that I get audio to my satellites.

I bought from the NR626 from the woot deal a few months ago as well. I haven't experienced your problem, but for zone 2, Pandora will cut out for about 10 seconds every few hours or so, but it will pick right back up without any intervention. Seems like some sort of buffering issue, but my internet connection is fine. Have you or anyone else had a problem with this? 

post #286 of 372 Old 04-13-2014, 11:30 AM

Hi guys I have a quick question re the Onkyo 626 im looking at buying - Either this model or the slightly more expensive 818

I noticed twin hdmi output. On reading it states both a projector and a tv can be ran from them. But I cant seem to find out if they can be run independently at the same time. ie kids playing xbox in  the games room. Parents watching a movie in theatre?

Which of these two would allow that?

Thanks

post #287 of 372 Old 04-16-2014, 12:25 PM

Liked: 19
Has anyone tried powering a pro amp with a 525? I've read the Onkyos tend to put out decent voltage from the sub pre-out, and was hoping that is the case with a 525.
I have a Denon 2113 that won't power a pro amp, and was hoping to get a budget receiver that would.

Thanks.
post #288 of 372 Old 04-18-2014, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can the 626 drive 5x 6-ohm speakers in a 5.1 surround sound configuration? There will be a sub, and it will be used for some music, mostly TV & movies. This is a living room system in a house w/3 kids, so it'll never be used at high volumes. I just like the reviews of the monoprice 7604's, but 6-ohms worries me, especially hooking up 5 of them. Will it be ok?

Edit: Manual says the below. Sounds like it'll be ok?
Code:
(North American and Taiwanese models) 
You can connect speakers with an impedance of between 6 and 16 
ohms. If you use speakers with a lower impedance, and use the 
amplifier at high volume levels for a long period of time, the 
built-in amp protection circuit may be activated.
Code:
95 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 8 ohm loads, 2 
channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, with a maximum total 
harmonic distortion of 0.08% (FTC)
115 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 6 ohm loads, 2 
channels driven at 1 kHz, with a maximum total harmonic 
distortion of 0.7% (FTC)(North American)

Thanks.
post #289 of 372 Old 04-18-2014, 04:23 PM

Hi guys

I own an Onkyo TX-NR626 hooked up to a Panasonic DMP-BDT626 Bluray player and a Pioneer LX5090 TV. The bluray player has 2 HDMI out connections (AV Out Main & AV Out Sub). The HDMI from AV Out Main is connected to the TV whilst the one from AV Out Sub is connected to the receiver. The bluray player is also connected to the receiver via an optical cable (TV/CD on receiver).

Problem is, when playing a bluray, the audio volume via the HDMI (that is when the source is set to BD/DVD) is very low compared to the audio volume via the optical cable (that is when the source is set to TV/CD). In fact I have to turn the volume to about 20 when on BD/DVD whereas when on TV/DVD, volume 10 is loud enough. Is that normal?

When playing a bluray (Lord of the Rings for example) and the input is set to BD/DVD, it displays DTS HD MSTR and when it is set to TV/CD, it displays DTS

Bluray player configuration
Digital Audio Output - Bitstream
BD-Video Secondary Audio - Off
HDMI (SUB) Output Mode - Video Off
HDMI Audio Output - On

Receiver configuration
HDMI CEC (RIHD) - On
HDMI Through - Auto
Audio TV Out (Main) - Auto
Audio TV Out (Sub) - Off
Dynamic EQ - On

Any help/input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
post #290 of 372 Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayod5 View Post

Hi guys

I own an Onkyo TX-NR626 hooked up to a Panasonic DMP-BDT626 Bluray player and a Pioneer LX5090 TV. The bluray player has 2 HDMI out connections (AV Out Main & AV Out Sub). The HDMI from AV Out Main is connected to the TV whilst the one from AV Out Sub is connected to the receiver. The bluray player is also connected to the receiver via an optical cable (TV/CD on receiver).

Problem is, when playing a bluray, the audio volume via the HDMI (that is when the source is set to BD/DVD) is very low compared to the audio volume via the optical cable (that is when the source is set to TV/CD). In fact I have to turn the volume to about 20 when on BD/DVD whereas when on TV/DVD, volume 10 is loud enough. Is that normal?

Hi Cayod5, I believe its normal as my Sony S790 does the same.

You can set the input level for each input to be the same using IntelliVolume adjustment found under Source Setup menu.
post #291 of 372 Old 04-20-2014, 09:48 AM

I'm now on my 3rd 626. The first was replaced as it would drop the audio when the source was changed requiring a mains power cycle. Then the replacement blew its HDMI board at the start of last week, taking my TiVo, HTPC and PS3 out with it, luckily the tv and speakers were spared. I had it replaced yesterday and the new one refuses to stay connected to WiFi.

The amp is just 2 feet away from our router. When put into WiFi setup it detects the network and connects with 100% signal. As soon as I press return to get back to the network connection screen the connection drops. I have tried direct input but no joy.

I'm sure I can't be the only one to have these problems. I have seen others saying they can use the Ethernet connection so its not a problem for them. But to me it is a malfunction and needs to be addressed by Onkyo.

So I think this will be the end of my brief love affair with Onkyo. Its a real blow because the 626 had just about everything I need in a home cinema amp. And no other amps in its class have the features it has. But shoddy workmanship is unforgivable.
post #292 of 372 Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 AM

I'm new to home audio, but I am close to settling on a 5.1 setup.  Trying to decide between refurb 626 for $350 or refurb 727 for $477.  Will be used 90%-10% for tv/movies v. music.  I like the idea of THX, 3 zone capability, and more power for future upgrades, and $127 more doesn't seem that bad.

1.  With the components below, can anyone steer me one way or the other?

2.  Any reason to avoid factory refurb?

3.  What is the approximate distance range for bluetooth or wifi streaming?  I'd like to stream via iphone from an outdoor deck about 40 feet away from the receiver. UPDATE: manual says BT works up to 15m/49ft. Does anyone have experience testing that range, especially through an exterior wall then 30+ feet to an enclosed cabinet housing the AVR? Will it work as long as I am within my router's wifi range?

L/C/R:  Klipsch G-42

Frequency Response: 65Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
SENSITIVITY: 92 dB @ 2.83 V / 1 m
POWER HANDLING: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms compatible
Low Frequency Driver: Four 3.5" (8.89 cm) active long-throw IMG woofers (One each for left and right channels, two for center channel)
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2200Hz
ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass-reflex

Sat surrounds:  Cambridge Audio Minx Min 11

Frequency Response: 120Hz-20kHz
Impedance: 8 Ohms compatible
Recommended amplifier power 25 - 200W *
Drive units: 1 x 2.25” BMR

Sub:  Theater Solutions SUB8SM (powered)

Frequency Response: 35Hz - 150Hz Hz Range
Power Handling: 100 Watts RMS 250 Max
Woofer 8" High Efficiency Low Frequency Transducer
Enclosure Measurement Height 4 3/4" x Length 24 5/8" x Depth 15 3/4"
Crossover 24dB per Octave
Auto Shutoff Yes
Terminals Spring
Inputs RCA
Variable Control Knob 35Hz to 150Hz
post #293 of 372 Old 04-24-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiti View Post

Can the 626 drive 5x 6-ohm speakers in a 5.1 surround sound configuration? There will be a sub, and it will be used for some music, mostly TV & movies. This is a living room system in a house w/3 kids, so it'll never be used at high volumes. I just like the reviews of the monoprice 7604's, but 6-ohms worries me, especially hooking up 5 of them. Will it be ok?

Thanks.

I actually drive that configuration using 4-ohm speakers and have had no issues, but my speakers are 40-year-old Sansui models that are extremely efficient.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
post #294 of 372 Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 PM

Liked: 12
Hey guys new owner of a 626, wondering what the Best A/V sync setting is or how to test it. I have it set to 80msec right now. Is there a standard that works best or does it depend on your set up? Thanks for the help!
post #295 of 372 Old 04-25-2014, 06:14 PM

Hey everyone,

I've had my NR 626 for about 6 months now and I'm having a problem. Whenever I first turn on the receiver, there is no volume for the first approximately 3 minutes, then I have volume for the next 30 seconds or so, then no volume again for about a minute, then volume works fine for the remainder of the time it is turned on. It has been doing this consistently for a week. Any ideas?

post #296 of 372 Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 AM

I got a refurbished TX-NR626 back in February from Woot.  I have been satisfied with it up until yesterday.  

While watching Hulu on my Xbox One though the receiver it all of the sudden changed source to TV then right back to the Xbox One on it's own.  Since then I cannot get any sound to play from the receiver from any source.  

I have tried multiple HDMI inputs and cables both from the Xbox One and Blu ray Player.  I tried streaming HBO Go on the TV to check audio to the receiver via ARC.  I also tried playing SiriusXM via wifi directly from the receiver.  none of these resulted in any sound from the receiver.

The receiver does pass video to the TV but when I change the output audio from the receiver to the TV speakers there is still no sound.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

My current setup is as follows:

Xbox One --> HDMI --> TX-NR626 Receiver

Blu Ray Player --> HDMI --> TX-NR626 Receiver

TX-NR626 Receiver --> UN55F6300 Samsung TV

TX-NR626 Receiver --> 7x Klipsch RF series speakers

TX-NR626 Receiver --> Behringer  NU1000DPS  via sub pre-out and RCA to 1/4" cable adapter  --> DIY Ultimax Sub

Everything is less than 4 months old and nothing has been added in the past 2 months. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

post #297 of 372 Old 04-28-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighbot View Post

I got a refurbished TX-NR626 back in February from Woot.  I have been satisfied with it up until yesterday.  

While watching Hulu on my Xbox One though the receiver it all of the sudden changed source to TV then right back to the Xbox One on it's own.  Since then I cannot get any sound to play from the receiver from any source.  

I have tried multiple HDMI inputs and cables both from the Xbox One and Blu ray Player.  I tried streaming HBO Go on the TV to check audio to the receiver via ARC.  I also tried playing SiriusXM via wifi directly from the receiver.  none of these resulted in any sound from the receiver.

The receiver does pass video to the TV but when I change the output audio from the receiver to the TV speakers there is still no sound.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

My current setup is as follows:
Xbox One --> HDMI --> TX-NR626 Receiver
Blu Ray Player --> HDMI --> TX-NR626 Receiver
TX-NR626 Receiver --> UN55F6300 Samsung TV
TX-NR626 Receiver --> 7x Klipsch RF series speakers
TX-NR626 Receiver --> Behringer  NU1000DPS  via sub pre-out and RCA to 1/4" cable adapter  --> DIY Ultimax Sub

Everything is less than 4 months old and nothing has been added in the past 2 months. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I can't understand why people continue to purchase these Onkyo receivers, with all these HDMI related issues that seem never ending.

Is Onkyo that good , that it's worth taking a chance?
post #298 of 372 Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post

I can't understand why people continue to purchase these Onkyo receivers, with all these HDMI related issues that seem never ending.

Is Onkyo that good , that it's worth taking a chance?

I have been using an Onkyo receiver for a garage stereo for about 15 years now and have had absolutely no issues with it so I started out fairly partial to Onkyo.  Back in February when I bought it I was just starting to have interest in home theater.  The price ($280 at the time I think) combined with the feature list and the fact that I wasn't aware of widespread issues made it a deal that was hard to pass up.  If I knew then that I was going to get a great deal on something that would only last 3-4 months, I would have gone a different direction.  Hindsight is 20/20 though. 

post #299 of 372 Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 AM

Hi all,
I bought the 626 back in February and I soon found that it wasn't working as I expected.

My 5.1 set up is as follow:
Onkyo 626 (last FW)
Front Magnat Monitor Supreme 1000
Central Magnat Monitor Supreme 252
Surround Magnat Monitor Supreme 100
Sub Magnat Monitor 301A

I used to have the Front Magnat Monitor 1000 even with my previous cheep "old" Onkyo HT-R508 and had absolutely no issues.

The problems are:
1- when I end watching a movie, and typically press STOP on the remote (either using bluray player, WDTV SMP or SKY Sat STB) the front speakers emit a "crush / crank" sound.
2- often the audio connection drops and that "crush / crank" sound starts.

In the first case, I noticed that the issue occurs with different sources connected via HDMI or toslink. Last time the Onkyo even switched off!
I tried to change all the settings, but no improvement. Last I tried to reset the Onkyo, but it didn't solve.

To me, this issue seem related to the electrostatic discharge, but the power cord is connected to the "grounding system" via a fuse secured multi plug adapter.

Does anyone notice anything similar??
post #300 of 372 Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM

I bought the 626 on the Woot deal and so far am very pleased. I just have a couple questions regarding the Audyssey setup as the result I got after running it isn't making a ton of sense to me.

My setup:
TX-NR626
Fronts: Pioneer SP-FS52-LR
Center: Pioneer SP-C22
Rears: Polk Audio RC60i
Sub: Pioneer SW-8MK2

The first thing i'm not understanding is that at the beginning of the process it has me turn the volume on the sub down until the mic reads 75. Then, when finished, it gives the distance as 23 ft when it is actually next to the left tower that it correctly says is 13 ft. It also adjusts the sub to -6. It just seems weird that I turn the volume down to the proper level, then it reads it as being further away than it is, and also reduced the volume on it.

Secondly, it sets the crossovers of fronts and rears at 40 and center at 50. The fronts I can kind of understand since they are towers, but the rears are in-ceiling speakers so I would think the crossover would be more like 80? Same with the center? Should I just manually change the crossovers on these? ?And slo maybe turn the sub volume up a bit since to get it down to 75 the knob was only putting it at about 1/3 power?

Thanks for any help on this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr727 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr525 5 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr525 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page