Onkyo TX-NR727, 626, 525 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 15 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 447 Old 02-24-2015, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently purchased the TX-NR626 and have it currently set up as follows:

Samsung UN60H6203 > Receiver via HDMI and Optical Audio
Apple TV > Receiver via HDMI
Cable box > Receiver via HDMI
Receiver connected to Polk Audio SurroundBar 500 CHT for the speakers.

Additionally, my wife uses a Widex TV-Dex transmitter to listen to audio through her hearing aids. Before setting up the reciever, we were able to use it via the 'Audio Out' port of the TV. Now, that the receiver is hooked up, we can't get any audio from the TV-Dex.

The Zone 2 pre-out will be connected to an AudioSource Amp-100, which will then power a set of speakers in the kitchen and a second set of speakers outside by the deck.

Is there a way to output audio somewhere (either from the receiver or via some setting on the TV), to be able to get sound for the TV-Dex.

This was a little tricky to try to explain, so let me know if anything doesn't make sense.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 447 Old 02-24-2015, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlsetter View Post
Additionally, my wife uses a Widex TV-Dex transmitter to listen to audio through her hearing aids. Before setting up the reciever, we were able to use it via the 'Audio Out' port of the TV. Now, that the receiver is hooked up, we can't get any audio from the TV-Dex.
Get a HDMI to Analog audio convertor and connect it to the out sub hdmi port. Change the receiver to output to both out main & out sub, you should get audio for all the inputs.
post #423 of 447 Old 02-25-2015, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billgran View Post
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver questions Hi
I am new here and just purchased an Onkyo NR-626 receiver to replace an old JVC receiver.

My 5.1 speaker system works well but what would I gain by adding 2 rear surrounds in addition to my existing side surrounds to make it from a 5.1 system to a 7.1 system?

If I am viewing a 5.1 DVD or Blu-Ray, would there be any sounds coming out of the additional 2 rear surround speakers? Or do they put out sound ONLY on 7.1 movies?

I would also like to hear from other 626 Onkyo owners about there settings and set ups and any tips.

Thank you in advance.
if space allows + u dun intend to go atmos.... jus go for another pair.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
post #424 of 447 Old 02-25-2015, 09:40 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3113 Post(s)
Liked: 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlsetter View Post
I recently purchased the TX-NR626 and have it currently set up as follows:

Samsung UN60H6203 > Receiver via HDMI and Optical Audio
Apple TV > Receiver via HDMI
Cable box > Receiver via HDMI
Receiver connected to Polk Audio SurroundBar 500 CHT for the speakers.

The Zone 2 pre-out will be connected to an AudioSource Amp-100, which will then power a set of speakers in the kitchen and a second set of speakers outside by the deck.

Is there a way to output audio somewhere (either from the receiver or via some setting on the TV), to be able to get sound for the TV-Dex.

This was a little tricky to try to explain, so let me know if anything doesn't make sense.

Thanks!
If you connect a set of analog audio cables from the source to the AVR, you can connect the headphones to the Zone 2 pre-outs.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 02-26-2015 at 01:24 AM.
post #425 of 447 Old 02-25-2015, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suphawut View Post
if space allows + u dun intend to go atmos.... jus go for another pair.

Is adding the 2 extra speakers really a noticeable improvement or is it a distraction??
Thanks, Troy
post #426 of 447 Old 02-26-2015, 03:25 AM
a7n

My apologies if this has been discussed but i have scoured the depth of the interwebs and unable to find the solution to the problem.

Current setup

Samsung UE65HU8500 > Onkyo TX-NR525

Connected via HDMI & Optical Audio Out (Prefer to only connect via HDMI)

Problem is when i connect via Opt Out all speakers work but with HDMI nothing works.

Additionally I cant get any audio in my Sub

Attached pic for reference

YOU HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

on a side note i should have spent a bit more$ and got a pioneer or sony .... sigh :-/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150226_203902.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	569641   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150226_204845.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	569649  
post #427 of 447 Old 02-26-2015, 03:39 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Try resetting the HDMI source. Also, your first image shows no connection from the sub pre-out, otherwise if there is a connection, ensure the FL/FR speakers are set to SMALL/80Hz.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #428 of 447 Old 02-26-2015, 12:22 PM
a7n

Thanks that pi c was taken when i was trying all outputs.
since then i have reset the whole thing 2 times and started the speaker setup and every time sub fails
post #429 of 447 Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by am_dew View Post
I just picked up a 525 for a very good price, hooked it up and noticed this noise as well. Did you ever find a solution? It's quite audible.
I have 626 and I am having noise during T-D as well. I don't have the noise while in stereo mode though.
did anyone find a solution to the problem, or shall we call the ONKYO dealler?
post #430 of 447 Old 02-26-2015, 02:45 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7n View Post
Thanks that pi c was taken when i was trying all outputs.
since then i have reset the whole thing 2 times and started the speaker setup and every time sub fails
With the sub powered on, pull the cable from the sub pre-out on the AVR and rub your finger over the tip. If you don't hear static from the sub it means either the cable or sub is bad.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #431 of 447 Old 02-26-2015, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamos1975 View Post
I have 626 and I am having noise during T-D as well. I don't have the noise while in stereo mode though.
did anyone find a solution to the problem, or shall we call the ONKYO dealler?
I ended up returning mine to Fry's and buying a Yamaha RX-V377 instead.
post #432 of 447 Old 02-27-2015, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Posted a while ago about audio problems on my TX-NR626 but wanted to provide an update:

Got it fixed from All Tech back in May 2014 after my first one was having problems. Then a few weeks later it was having the same problem again, they sent me a label, and then suddenly it decided to behave before I shipped it back. Worked great for a while until I decided to noodle around last week and attempt to connect a new input. Now, I'm back at the problem I had with the first unit - I get no sound to any of my speakers except the subwoofer, but the video works on all sources and plugging a headphone into the front gives me audio.

My warranty runs out in March, so I'm currently putting my receiver in "time-out" (unplugged) and if I can't get it to fix I'll give one last go at getting it fixed at All Tech again.
post #433 of 447 Old 02-27-2015, 01:52 PM
a7n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
With the sub powered on, pull the cable from the sub pre-out on the AVR and rub your finger over the tip. If you don't hear static from the sub it means either the cable or sub is bad.
Yep i tested like that sub makes static noises

I'll actually upload some pics of the amp setting hopefully that would help
post #434 of 447 Old 02-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Yep i tested like that sub makes static noises

I'll actually upload some pics of the amp setting hopefully that would help
What outputs are you using on the receiver to send signal to the sub? Try just using a single connection from the top subwoofer pre-out on the receiver to the left line-in jack on your sub.
post #435 of 447 Old 02-28-2015, 05:32 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuaudio27 View Post
Posted a while ago about audio problems on my TX-NR626 but wanted to provide an update:

Got it fixed from All Tech back in May 2014 after my first one was having problems. Then a few weeks later it was having the same problem again, they sent me a label, and then suddenly it decided to behave before I shipped it back. Worked great for a while until I decided to noodle around last week and attempt to connect a new input. Now, I'm back at the problem I had with the first unit - I get no sound to any of my speakers except the subwoofer, but the video works on all sources and plugging a headphone into the front gives me audio.

My warranty runs out in March, so I'm currently putting my receiver in "time-out" (unplugged) and if I can't get it to fix I'll give one last go at getting it fixed at All Tech again.
Also keep in mind that if you purchased with a credit card, many card issuers will extend the warranty by 1 year, so check with them to confirm.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #436 of 447 Old 02-28-2015, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys. Just got my nr727 in and hooked up all the wiring. I have a Samsung UN65F8000 and I'm trying to set it up so that the UN65F8000 remote controls all components, (TV UN65F8000, NR727, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-BDT500P, and Direct Tv box. I go through the tv setup for the 727 but I can't get the samsung remote to work with it even though the settings for the 727 are found in the menu. When it asks if the power goes off on the 727 it doesn't.

I'm not sure what remote is better anyway, the direct tv remote or the samsung. I would like to use the samsung hub though. Any thoughts on the samsung remote not working on the 727? Thanks.
post #437 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 10:02 AM

Onkyo NR-626 Question

Can't see anything that says "New Post" so I'll "Reply" to the thread. Guidance welcome.

My NR-626 does not stream Sirius without cutting out for 5 seconds every 15 minutes or so. It also takes a LONG time to connect. After a while it stops streaming and says I am logged in elsewhere. Assuming that's the Sirius inactivity timeout but wrong error code.

This happens with CAT 5 cable or WiFi and a factory reset does not help. My PC on the same router streams Sirius flawlessly.

Pandora seems not to have this problem.

I am prepared to replace the unit, but want to know if it's just my receiver, all Onkyo receivers, or maybe any receiver might do this ???

Thanks for helping.

Tom.
post #438 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Salicos View Post
Can't see anything that says "New Post" so I'll "Reply" to the thread. Guidance welcome.

My NR-626 does not stream Sirius without cutting out for 5 seconds every 15 minutes or so. It also takes a LONG time to connect. After a while it stops streaming and says I am logged in elsewhere. Assuming that's the Sirius inactivity timeout but wrong error code.

This happens with CAT 5 cable or WiFi and a factory reset does not help. My PC on the same router streams Sirius flawlessly.

Pandora seems not to have this problem.

I am prepared to replace the unit, but want to know if it's just my receiver, all Onkyo receivers, or maybe any receiver might do this ???

Thanks for helping.

Tom.
its a 02 x award winning model in Japan although this high current machine here is fast in power output but not buffering. its built for performance not into feature. whats your version? updated?

post #439 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc View Post
Hi guys. Just got my nr727 in and hooked up all the wiring. I have a Samsung UN65F8000 and I'm trying to set it up so that the UN65F8000 remote controls all components, (TV UN65F8000, NR727, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-BDT500P, and Direct Tv box. I go through the tv setup for the 727 but I can't get the samsung remote to work with it even though the settings for the 727 are found in the menu. When it asks if the power goes off on the 727 it doesn't.

I'm not sure what remote is better anyway, the direct tv remote or the samsung. I would like to use the samsung hub though. Any thoughts on the samsung remote not working on the 727? Thanks.
dude ... erhmmm so far from previous models till now Atmos 63 83 3030 series the AVR 's remote nvr leave my hand when i'm working or back at home.

i've read your setup. your remote should work nicely. only the Direct Tv Box didn't have the chance to work with.

After the remote setup. Did your 72 jus black out after you pressed the appointed input? or did you press together with the Display button before you key in the paring code?

Cheers

post #440 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhash View Post
Is adding the 2 extra speakers really a noticeable improvement or is it a distraction??
Thanks, Troy
sorry for the late reply. If the source is originally encoded in 7.1 , the playback will be discreet 7.1 rather than filling up a 5.1 setup into a 7.1.
- how far are your side & back walls to the front.
- your sitting distance and position.

01- imagine. 4 person forming a parameter of 6 metres side. + 3metres back.

02 -imagine. 4 person forming a parameter of 1.5 metres side. + 1metres back. ( some setup due to space constraints, listeners will be leaning on the back wall).

now the four person , some talking some singing even shouting. 01 or 02 will be more irritating. its nvr too late to add on additional pair.

Best Regards,

Suphawut

#live once, not wrong twice#

post #441 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
My apologies if this has been discussed but i have scoured the depth of the interwebs and unable to find the solution to the problem.

Current setup

Problem is when i connect via Opt Out all speakers work but with HDMI nothing works.

on a side note i should have spent a bit more$ and got a pioneer or sony .... sigh :-/
your hdmi input on ur Samsung is it on under Hdmi ARC. ?
Avr setting Hdmi tv on or off ?
Hdmi Cec rhid off ir auto?
audio tv out on or off?
fixed mode off or alternatives?

before everything take out those audio optic fibre cable things n throw it into bin.

cheers

post #442 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Current setup

once in awhile its ok to tap rca to wake up the sub. but infact it wont do the sub any good n try avoiding using Diy cables unless its sure well built.
Pioneer? will regret .. the high is vry nortorious for noise. and btw housing under Onkyo soon.

Last edited by Suphawut; 03-01-2015 at 01:42 PM.
post #443 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 08:09 PM

I went to check the firmware version and it said it was up-to-date. I had updated it later last year.
Also did the factory reset and went back through my setup. No change - the streaming Sirius cuts out 5 seconds every 15 minutes or so.

I don't care if it's the greatest-rated receiver in the World, I just want it to do what I bought it for.

So, back to my original question: Should I expect any receiver to do this, or is there a better receiver for this? I really don't care if it costs more, as long as I get what I paid for.

tom
post #444 of 447 Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Salicos View Post
I went to check the firmware version and it said it was up-to-date. I had updated it later last year.
Also did the factory reset and went back through my setup. No change - the streaming Sirius cuts out 5 seconds every 15 minutes or so.

I don't care if it's the greatest-rated receiver in the World, I just want it to do what I bought it for.

So, back to my original question: Should I expect any receiver to do this, or is there a better receiver for this? I really don't care if it costs more, as long as I get what I paid for.

tom
can't compare streaming performance between avr to pc and network features in Receivers market had never been in the main concern of purchasing for. i suggest that you get a avr that will give u the performance u need then.

post #445 of 447 Old Today, 01:50 PM
a7n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suphawut View Post
once in awhile its ok to tap rca to wake up the sub. but infact it wont do the sub any good n try avoiding using Diy cables unless its sure well built.
Pioneer? will regret .. the high is vry nortorious for noise. and btw housing under Onkyo soon.

Thanks for everyone's input... Figured it out.

Reason was i was using 1 out to 2 line in.
I just plugged 1 out (amp) to the left in (sub) and the sucker came alive.

Next bit is to figure out how to get audio via HDMI as currently i am using Optical. Although thats not bad as I keep one extra hdmi port free but would be good to know.

PS. loving the quality as I upgraded from Cambridge 2.1 PC speakers to this lol
post #446 of 447 Old Today, 01:51 PM
a7n

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's input... Figured it out.

Reason was i was using 1 out to 2 line in.
I just plugged 1 out (amp) to the left in (sub) and the sucker came alive.

Next bit is to figure out how to get audio via HDMI as currently i am using Optical. Although thats not bad as I keep one extra hdmi port free but would be good to know.

PS. loving the quality as I upgraded from Cambridge 2.1 PC speakers to this lol

PS: Upgraded the firmware too.. feels much quicker in response
post #447 of 447 Old Today, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey guys, just had a question about txsr 706 I can pick one up for 75 bucks HDMI board does not work but I can live with that. Otherwise the receiver is in great condition, my question to you guys is that an okay price for that receiver? I know that's probably pretty ancient compared to today's standards but it's just something temporary for a little while. Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr727 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr525 5 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr525 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page