Onkyo TX-NR727, 626, 525 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #481 of 487 Old 07-28-2015, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Onkyo 626 Game mode or Bypass
Just have a question . COncerning the onkyo 626 wich picture ajustement is the best for gaming

CUSTOM WITH GAME MODE ON
GAME
BYPASS

I wonder wich one i should select with the DIRECT listening output to minimize lag

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 487 Old 08-08-2015, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Network issues and loss of sound - Onkyo finally acknowledges these issues

I've had my 626 for just over 2 years and in that time, I have had some real head scrathing problems. These are all related to wifi and audio.

Wifi first. Ever since I got the 626 (its my 4th machine and I've had the same problems on them all) I have found it almost impossible to keep a wifi connection after setting up. When I input the settings, on either DHCP or manual IP addressing, I get a connection up until I press "Return" the final time before saving the settings. At that point, wifi turns off. I have worked at this for hours each time until, for no reason, the settings finally save and wifi stays on.

But thats not the end of the wifi issues. Sometime down the line, wifi will disconnect again, it might be a week or a month, and I have to go through the whole sorry process again. lately, the 626 has taken to losing all network settings, including ip settings and mac address. And today, all my streaming services have disappeared. Ironically, wifi is connected ok.

Then theres the sound problems. Again, this is completely random but happens regularly. It seems to be if I stay connected to a single input, say cable box, after a couple of hours the sound will just go off. If I change to my HTPC input it may or may not have sound. But onboard services, like network streaming or tuner, will have sound ok.

When any of these problems occur, I have to turn the 626 off for several minutes, then when I turn it back on it stays at "Initializing..." forever and I have to turn the receiver off from the remote and then on again.

I see that Onkyo have now acknowledged that there are problems with "a limited number of Onkyo Brand receivers manufactured between 2009 and 2012 may experience loss of audio or loss of network connection. This malfunction has been traced back to a defective network chip." The 626 falls into this bracket. Onkyo are allowing a trade-in for the affected receiver against any of their new "4" range (545, 646 etc) and anyone who trades up will also be eligible for a free set of SKH-410 atmos speakers.

I wonder how much of a trade-in they are allowing.
post #483 of 487 Old 08-08-2015, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I wonder how we find out which models qualify to be traded in and what the trade in allowance is?

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #484 of 487 Old 08-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
post #485 of 487 Old 08-08-2015, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Just getting ready to post that link. Doesn't say a buy back that I can see. Its an Onkyo pays shipping repair thing.

Unless I missed something.

Will check the 626 my son-in-law has but don't recall it having any of the listed network issues. Blue tooth once and awhile drops but that's all.

http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #486 of 487 Old 08-17-2015, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have experience with the 727 and a 4K TV? I know you have to tell it that it is a 4K TV and it will do a passthru, but are there any other considerations to take care of?
post #487 of 487 Unread Today, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FYI, I setup my new 4K TV, and everything looks great, but I cannot access most of the buttons on the 727 particularly the Menu button and the Top Menu button. Consequently, I cannot tell it passthru 4K. Apparently, no one here can help me?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr727 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr525 5 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr525 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page