Onkyo TX-NR727, 626, 525 "official" owner's thread discussion - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

Old Today, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 84
My equipment:
Sharp 70LE660U
Onkyo TX-NR525
Apple TV (4th gen)
XBOX One S

I thought I had finally found my happy place and consolidated my home theater experience after many years of having multiple devices controlled with the Harmony remote. Then I bought the Xbox one and it screwed everything up.

I wish I could just use the Apple remote. Unfortunately the Xbox One interferes. With HDMI-CEC engaged, the Xbox causes my AVR to change inputs again and again while using the Apple TV. While using the Xbox, I lose audio over and over and have to manually choose the correct input on the AVR to get it back.

So, let's recap. While using the Apple TV the receiver will switch over to the Xbox One over and over. I can only restore picture and sound to the Apple TV by manually selecting the correct input on the receiver again. When using the Xbox one I do not lose video, but I do lose audio over and over. The only way to regain audio is to manually select the correct input on the receiver.

For the time being I have had to turn off HDMI control on all devices and go back to using my harmony remote. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr727 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr525 5 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread