Using Denon inputs: Home theater PC to Media player resets inputs frequently - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-04-2013, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Hey there, I've been having a strange problem with my Denon. Every time I seem to do something on my PC ( using my Samsung plasma as a display ) that results in a screen being loaded, for instance switching between programs, for some reason the Denon feels the need to go black for a second, and remind me that I'm using HDMI / DVI inputs. It's as if it doesn't receive a picture for a second, doesn't know what to do, then when the next program starts it shows the display in the upper left of my screen; as if I'm switching from Game to Blue ray, or what have you. Even in youtube, if I fast forward through a video, the screen turns black for a second and starts up again with the display being shown. If I leave it alone it's fine, it's just that it seems if for a split second no info is going to the denon it doesn't know what to do.
More annoying, to try to experiment I moved the HDMI cable from Media Player to Blue Ray, and for some reason the display was kind of blurry, as if I'd gone down to a much lower res screen. In fact every input other then Media Player results in a low res image being displayed on my Sammy, which makes no sense obviously considering you'd expect them all to have the same max resolution.
So 1. Is there something I can do to combat this constant AVR switching inputs ( not really switching but acting as if I had for a split second )
and 2. Why would Media Player be the only input I currently get a good crisp picture on? I tried looking through the manual but couldn't figure it out frown.gif

Thanks for your time!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page