multi zone receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me start by saying I am not very good with electronics. I have a Pioneer sc122 receiver and am setting up a zone 2 in another room of my house. Upon connecting my pioneer to a sony receiver in another room I have lost audio in the main zone for the PC I have connected to the pioneer via rca cables. I also have a PS3 connected via HDMI and no longer get a signal at all. I sometimes connect a laptop via HDMI and only receive audio in the main zone. My question is what is the best way to connect everything, it would be fine if both zones play the same audio source at the same time. Also if anyone knows what would be causing these issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2130 Post(s)
Liked: 1781
External HDMI/digital audio connections will not pass to Zone 2 so the PC connection should pass, although not sure why your main zone audio would cut out unless you are somehow turning OFF the main zone when you power ON Zone 2.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST daily
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page