Sony STR-DN1040 Official Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #1261 of 1262 Old 08-21-2016, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you both, helvetica bold & HockeyoAJB. And the setup you described is exactly what I have going on, HockeyoAJB. After fiddling around for an hour or more last night I gave up. I woke up this morning and it's all working. I have to assume a full power cycle on the PS4 was what 'fixed' it as that's the only thing different this morning than last night. I should've remembered to reboot the computer...

And now that I have it working, I can even turn off CEC on the Vizio, but as noted I do need to leave it on in the receiver. And thankfully my old Logitech Harmony can handle all the input switching brilliantly.

I'm just going to post this as a mental note:
1 - PS4 to HDMI5 on Vizio (game input)
2 - Vizio HDMI1 (ARC) to HDMI out A (ARC) on receiver
3 - Receiver HDMI control on, off on Vizio
4 - TV input selected on Receiver

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1262 Old 08-27-2016, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I already posted this question on a different thread, but it seemed good to ask this question here.

I own a Sony STR-DN1040. My front left and right speaker are full range with built in powered subwoofer. On my receiver, I set the front L+R speakers as full range and disable the subwoofer out (I don’t have a separate sub). The rest of my speakers are set to small and crossed over at 90Hz. All the bass is routed to my front left and right. This leads me to my question.

In order to use my new Earthquak MQB-1 tactile transducer, I will need to use the subwoofer line out on my receiver. If I enable the subwoofer out, will ALL low end frequency for my center and rear speakers be routed to the subwoofer line out or will the front left and right still receive LFE from the other speakers? I want to keep the LFE from my center going to my front L+R speakers. How do I keep the LFE going to my fronts L+R speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sony Str Dn1040 7 2 Channel 1050 Watt A V Receiver
Gear in this thread