Onkyo TX-NR 626 Bluetooth in zone 2? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased this receiver & love it. My only issue: is there Bluetooth capability in zone 2 (powered) while using a separate input for the main listening area? I know i can use bluetooth in both zones (simultaneously), but cant figure if they can be separated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-06-2013, 12:55 AM

Zone 2 with all AV receivers is always an analog signal (I have yet to come across one that can output a digital signal) with the exception of Onkyo who can output USB, ethernet and now with the new X2X series Bluetooth to zone 2. However, as is clearly written on page 70 in the manual, if you select one of these three for zone 2, zone 1 will output the same signal.

http://www.nl.onkyo.com/downloads/2/4/8/8/2/Manual_TX-NR626_En.pdf

So, in short, no there is no way to play Bluetooth in zone 2 and have sth else play in zone 1...

post #3 of 7 Old 05-06-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802Diamond View Post

Zone 2 with all AV receivers is always an analog signal (I have yet to come across one that can output a digital signal) with the exception of Onkyo who can output USB, ethernet and now with the new X2X series Bluetooth to zone 2. However, as is clearly written on page 70 in the manual, if you select one of these three for zone 2, zone 1 will output the same signal.

http://www.nl.onkyo.com/downloads/2/4/8/8/2/Manual_TX-NR626_En.pdf

So, in short, no there is no way to play Bluetooth in zone 2 and have sth else play in zone 1...

Great response! Thanks for the help... Looks like I'll have to use an analog bluetooth adapter... Any suggestions?
post #4 of 7 Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 AM

Arcam rblink (IIRC there is a review of this one on this site), Advance Acoustic WTX500 & WTX1000), and there will be lots more around. I would go for the rblink....

post #5 of 7 Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 AM

I think this should be obvious, but is not clearly written:
Can you turn off the main zone and have only zone 2 playing? Or would just need to mute the main volume? is that possible?

(The manual states how to turn on zone 2, and that zone 2 can play the same source as the main zone, but not about independent on/off)
post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2013, 11:00 AM

I have Onkyo TX-NR626 AVR and Apple TV (3rd generation). I am unable to send Apple TV digital audio to Zone 2. I need analog AVR input from Apple TV to be able to use as Zone 2 source.

-Current setup: Apple TV > HDMI > AVR.
-Plan to add following in addition to current setup: Apple TV > digitial audio out optical cable > FiiO converter > RCA cable > AVR.

Has anyone tried this to pass analog audio to zone 2?"
post #7 of 7 Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM

@raaail
Sorry, I know this thread is several months old but this is a very common issue that a lot of my customers have asked about.
It came up in a Google search and I wanted to share what I know regarding your question.     
You certainly can play an Apple TV on Zone 2 but the signal from it must be converted using a Digital Audio To Analog Audio Converter, you would use a Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable from the back of the Apple TV and into the converter and then an RCA cable from the converter to the Onkyo you can use an available input and select it for Zone 2.

Hope that helps.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Onkyo Tx Nr616 , Onkyo Tx Nr515 , Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Onkyo Tx Nr717 , Onkyo Tx Nr708 , Onkyo Tx Nr808 , Onkyo Tx Nr1008 , Onkyo Tx Nr414 , Onkyo Tx Nr906 , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page