Pioneer VSX-822-K connecting to PC - Need help troubleshooting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-06-2013, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but not so much when it comes to A/V equipment. I need help troubleshooting the following problem.

SCENARIO:
I am trying to hook up my PC to the A/V equipment. The PC has HDMI out which I am using to plug into the VSX-822-K. From the receiver, the HDMI out is connected to my computer LCD which is a Viewsonic VX2739WM. The Pioneer receiver was bought as a factory refurbished model.

PROBLEM:
When the computer is turned on, it does not wake up the LCD. Moreover, the HDMI indicator light on the receiver blinks after about 15-20 seconds. Waking up the LCD manually sometimes randomly does the trick and the picture appears. But needless to say, it is not ideal and not the way i want the setup to work.

What seems to be the issue here?
Clearly, there are problems with the handshake between the Receiver and the LCD.
Is the Receiver faulty?

Help appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Anyone?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Mon not waking up is not HDMI handshaking problem b/ it and the AVR. It needs to wake up first before handshaking...

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.