Speaker application calling for a new receiver. Help please. Need multiple crossover settings per channel. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-12-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my problem, I purchased a Pioneer elite VSX-50 at the same time as I purchased my speaker set up posted below. Global crossover set to 80hz and mains set to large. I just recently added a 12in earthquake sub to the mix and plan to add a second soon. I have decided to go the bass management route with my mains set to small as well, so they are currently set to 80hz crossover because ELITE only has one global crossover :/ I am learning as I go I did not know this when I bought my set up. I am looking to get rid of my VSX-50 and purchase a receiver with crossover settings per channel. I need my surrounds to be bumped up to 100hz crossover and my mains in the 40-70hz range, not sure yet.

With that said I am looking into denon, onkyo/integra ext. I would like some good input with what receiver to go with that is of equal quality as my ELITE or better with multiple crossover settings. I repeat I do NOT want to downgrade at all! I still want the wireless connectivity of AirPlay ext. same power or more. Looking to spend in the 500-800$

DefTech Speakers
-Bp-8020ST (floor standing mains w/ powered 8in subs)
-Cs-8040HD (center)
-Sr-8040BP (surrounds)

-Just added the 12in earthquake sub and adding another soon. That's where my problem began.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

.?.??
post #3 of 9 Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I don't think you can find separate crossovers per channel. But lots do separate crossovers per related channel- - so a setting for left and right, a setting for center, a setting for surrounds . . . .

The usual recommendation around here is that if you have adequate power, there would be little difference between different manufacturers' products but for the differences in autosetup/system EQ. AFAIK, every system has its fans. I am happy with what AUdyssey does in my Denon, FWIW.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAz View Post

I don't think you can find separate crossovers per channel. But lots do separate crossovers per related channel- - so a setting for left and right, a setting for center, a setting for surrounds . . . .

The usual recommendation around here is that if you have adequate power, there would be little difference between different manufacturers' products but for the differences in autosetup/system EQ. AFAIK, every system has its fans. I am happy with what AUdyssey does in my Denon, FWIW.

Sorry I said the incorrectly. Separate crossover for center, mains, and surrounds....

Thats the problem, im happy with elite and MACC but i dont have a choice with them so i have to jump ship. I guess I'm just curious if any one had any suggestions on a particular receiver or one to stay away from. Not looking to downgrade
post #5 of 9 Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 135
First, you don't need separate xo for the speakers. I have a Pioneer SC 35 and very large floorstanders, Klipsch RF 7's, 250-1000 watt, and low extension of 34 Hz and I run all speakers as small and xo at 80. I have 3 subs in the system. If the OP xo at 80 the surrounds should not be in any danger. Let the subs do what they do best, handle the bass.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus Five 200 amp, Chase SS 18.2(2), VS 18.1(2), Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #6 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post

First, you don't need separate xo for the speakers. I have a Pioneer SC 35 and very large floorstanders, Klipsch RF 7's, 250-1000 watt, and low extension of 34 Hz and I run all speakers as small and xo at 80. I have 3 subs in the system. If the OP xo at 80 the surrounds should not be in any danger. Let the subs do what they do best, handle the bass.

Yea mean I agree to an extent and my set up if fine. It does sound great I just want to tweak it a little more and take full advantage ofMy mains there raided at 30 or 35hz I believe. Not that I would set the cross over that Low but lower then 80hz where I have it set now. My surrounds can handle that for sure but it also sounds a little thin. They should be at about 100hz.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

I've been doin a little research and I'm looking at the new denon X series
Either the x2000 or x3000

Anyone have any thoughts on those or the comparable models from last year
post #8 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Then look at Denon, Marantz or Onkyo with Audyssey MultEQ XT or higher. All have separate crossover settings for front, center, and surround speakers.

the X2000 and X3000 have just been released in stores. Doubt many people have tested them yet.

Afro GT
post #9 of 9 Old 05-16-2013, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Cool thanks. Will check those out as well. So they all use audyssey then right?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page