Recommended Receiver for Martin Logan MLT2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am in need of a receiver to power my Martin Logan MLT2 5.1 setup. I will be primarily playing content through my PC, mostly music and movies. I want to get the best receiver under $400. I don't know much about AV equipment, but I am considering:

Onkyo TX-NR616 (bummed that its an onkyo, but it was quite a few inputs and two outputs, which will be nice since i will be connecting a computer screen and a tv)
Pioneer Elite VSX-60 (this was on clearance sale at a local store, and the rep was touting how great this is)

Sound quality, when playing both music and movies is my highest priority.
I need to have network capabilities. Airplay would be nice.
Two hdmi outputs would be nice, but not a deal breaker. I realize this is not a feature widely available on sub $400 receivers.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 346
if you want dual HDMI outputs you'll have to spend a little more money. Denon 2313 can be had for $479.

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catalog=denonna_us&pcatid=refurbishedprocat(denonna)&catid=avreceiversref(denonna)&pid=AVR2313CI(DenonNA)&isref=1

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR2313CI/DENON-AVR-2313CI-7.2-4K-3D-Pass-Through-Networking-Receiver/1.html

If you're willing to forego the dual HDMI then the Yamaha rx-v673, denon 1913 and several other receivers are available at $399 or less.

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page